Page 11 of 233 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Or gave Sinestro to Kyle in that Superman episode... the Manhunters storyline to John in that Justice League episode...Rose to John, Iona to Salaak, Arisia to Guy, Carol to Kyle...
    I don't see the Rose Hardin instance as comparable with those others. It seemed to me that Rose was always supposed to end up with John from her inception. Hal was supposed to eventually get back together with Carol. He had an interest in Rose so the writer could use it as a catalyst for tension between Hal Jordan and John Stewart for the sake of drama.

It would make little narrative sense to have Rose on the Mosaic World where John was at, so that she could be Hal Jordan's girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I don't see the Rose Hardin instance as comparable with those others. It seemed to me that Rose was always supposed to end up with John from her inception. Hal was supposed to eventually get back together with Carol. He had an interest in Rose so the writer could use it as a catalyst for tension between Hal Jordan and John Stewart for the sake of drama.

It would make little narrative sense to have Rose on the Mosaic World where John was at, so that she could be Hal Jordan's girlfriend.
    I believe Rose first appeared some time before Mosaic. She was never a serious love interest, but she was for an issue. (or two)

[edit: I looked it up, I guess they did fool me into thinking she had appeared much earlier - it's implied that she met Hal during "Hard Traveling Heroes" but she wasn't actually in those issues. They introduced her right before Mosaic, so it would seem that was the plan all along (unless they changed their minds once they realized John was going to get a series from it...?)]
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-13-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Except that Green Lantern isn't a legacy. Hal's still around, as are all of them and aside from being in the GLC, they have no ties to one another. GL is a different animal compared to most of the other franchises in that sense.
    I mean, it's not a strict one-to-one legacy but it sometimes can be...like Alan to Hal, or Hal to Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah but he killed Kyle's girlfriend. That certainly made him a big part of Kyle's rogues gallery. Even after his return, Hal brought up Alex's murder when he fought Major Force.
    Kind of another example of lazy writing though isn’t it? Marz couldn’t come up with his own villain so he uses someone else’s arch nemesis instead? Also, John walked into his apartment only to find Katma’s slain body by the hands of Carol/Star Sapphire. That’s the exact same scenario as Kyle and Alex with Major Force just with the refrigerator added. I’m sorry but Marz wasn’t exactly original with some of his stuff.

Not true. Carol had been out of the picture since Wein left the book which was a pretty long time by the time Rose was introduced as Hal’s love interest in The Road Back
    Last edited by docmidnite; 01-13-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's not a strict one-to-one legacy but it sometimes can be...like Alan to Hal, or Hal to Kyle.
    Kyle wasn’t only Hal’s legacy though. Kyle was the entire GLC’s legacy like Luke and the Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Kyle wasn’t only Hal’s legacy though. Kyle was the entire GLC’s legacy like Luke and the Jedi.
    I mean, yeah, but you know what I mean .

Incredible Member

Kyle wasnÂ’t only HalÂ’s legacy though. Kyle was the entire GLCÂ’s legacy like Luke and the Jedi.
    More like Rey and the Jedi... I mean, Kyle was introduced decades after the corps, with a depressed axxhole Luke.

BANNED

Not true. Carol had been out of the picture since Wein left the book which was a pretty long time by the time Rose was introduced as Hal’s love interest in The Road Back

Totally true. It was Gerard's Jones' plan to bring Carol back...You know, the way he actually brought Carol back. Rose was always supposed to go to the Mosaic World and John was always supposed to be the Green Lantern there, ever since issue #1 of Green Lantern Volume 3.

GL fans are the best.

Totally true. It was Gerard's Jones' plan to bring Carol back...You know, the way he actually brought Carol back. Rose was always supposed to go to the Mosaic World and John was always supposed to be the Green Lantern there, ever since issue #1 of Green Lantern Volume 3.
    Read The Road Back. Rose was originally created to be Hal’s love interest. Also, it wasn’t until DC saw the successful sales numbers of The Road Back that they decided to give John his own book. That’s why John was co-starring with Hal and Guy in Gerard Jones’ Green Lantern book until issue #22.

Unpossessed Carol was brought in issue #49 and they ended up having a minor dispute and going their separate ways again.

b496b6e8-268d-4494-bf17-8644b2c26a0c.jpg
    Last edited by docmidnite; 01-14-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Read The Road Back. Rose was originally created to be Hal’s love interest. Also, it wasn’t until DC saw the successful sales numbers of The Road Back that decided to give John his own book. That’s why John was co starring with Hal and Guy in Gerard Jones’ Green Lantern book until issue #22.

Unpossessed Carol was brought in issue #49 and they ended up having a minor dispute and going their separate ways again.

b496b6e8-268d-4494-bf17-8644b2c26a0c.jpg
    the road back was one of the arc's that re-hooked me to green lantern. appa ali apsa going insane was really creepy, and i remember worrying how hal would be able to fight a mad guardian. that was one of my favorite sci fi stories ever.

and pat broderick was awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    GL fans are the best.

hey, it's ambush bug...

You have to be a good friend to go as someone else's ring construct...