Page 13 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    I've been waiting for the Earth Based Villains for so long. I kinda want Black Hand back, or Doctor Polaris.

Also... I'm quite glad that they didn't use Sonar for Kyle and made a legacy version of the character instead.
    meh... I now associated Black hand with the Black Lanterns and have frankly seen too much of him over the years. The character has changed too much to really go back to 'earth-based' threat. Hal has a lot of villains that we havent' seen in decades now that I'd rather see than another Blackest night redo...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Me too! That leads to a question. Did they ever explain why Ganthet never went crazy like Appa Ali Apsa did without the other Guardians to mentally commune with?
    It's been said that because Ganthet kept Volthoom's ring in his stomach all this long time. That power kept him from losing his sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    meh... I now associated Black hand with the Black Lanterns and have frankly seen too much of him over the years. The character has changed too much to really go back to 'earth-based' threat. Hal has a lot of villains that we havent' seen in decades now that I'd rather see than another Blackest night redo...
    Yeah, I'm okay with letting Black Hand rest a bit. They've brought him back a few times after Blackest Night, but it just wasn't as good. I'd rather see Dr Polaris or redo Sonar again - his last appearance was super lack-luster and a misguided reboot. Reinvent Invisible Destroyer, The Shark or give us "Son of Goldface" or something.

Actually, I really enjoyed Hammond in his last appearance as being almost in love with Hal - I wouldn't mind seeing him again in that vein.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, I'm okay with letting Black Hand rest a bit. They've brought him back a few times after Blackest Night, but it just wasn't as good. I'd rather see Dr Polaris or redo Sonar again - his last appearance was super lack-luster and a misguided reboot. Reinvent Invisible Destroyer, The Shark or give us "Son of Goldface" or something.

Actually, I really enjoyed Hammond in his last appearance as being almost in love with Hal - I wouldn't mind seeing him again in that vein.
    I think Evil Star was one of my first villains I read... and Javelin, but Evil Star in the 90's had a good 2-3 issue run that I loved. He's even a cosmic villain, but I can't remember the last time he's ever been used...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think Evil Star was one of my first villains I read... and Javelin, but Evil Star in the 90's had a good 2-3 issue run that I loved. He's even a cosmic villain, but I can't remember the last time he's ever been used...
    He was in an early issue of Morrison's "The Green Lantern." I always wanted to see him come back in big way with his creepy little starlings, but ... he didn't fare well in that issue.

Incredible Member

Some good news?
    https://www.tvguide.com/news/green-l...o-max-sinestro

"Greg [Berlanti] said that I can share a few little tidbits about Green Lantern. We're in the early stages of talking to him about it, but he did say that the series, so far, will span several decades and focus on the origin story of two major Green Lanterns from Earth, while going into the story in space and Green Lantern favorite character Sinestro," she said.
    If Sinestro will be in the show I see no reason to put Hal aside.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Some good news?

Yeah, to be honest the fact that they revealed Sinestro will be in it so soon makes me more certain Hal will be one of the GL's in this.

I mean, they could give another GL Hal's relationship with Sinestro, but it makes more sense to use Hal in my opinion. And decade spanning fits because he's the longest tenured GL.

If it is Hal, the question is then who the other GL is...my money is John.

Some good news?

Well whatever the case, at least we have a confirmation that it's going to have more than one main character.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Looks like we might actually get the full Abin Sur/Sinestro/Hal Jordan/Parallax epic that combines elements of New Frontier, Emerald Dawn 2, Emerald Twilight, and Rebirth.

My guess is that they'll have parallel storylines, each taking place in different time periods. In order to save money, the Abin/Sinestro stuff will be the only one initially set in space with a longer version of Hal's rise and fall within the USAF (hopefully set during the 1950s) culminating in Abin's death and his training under Sinestro. This could be intercut with present day stuff focusing on the recipient of the last power ring dealing with the aftermath of Emerald Twilight.

While I think it will piss a lot of fans off, I think substituting Jessica for Kyle is the better choice as the post-Emerald Twilight GL. While John would be a smart move due to his fanbase, Jessica has the more compelling hook than either Kyle or John.

It'll be interesting to see how they thread this needle.

I would only be okay with the Parallax story if Hal is one of the featured Lanterns. If he's some guest character the audience isn't invested in and is just introduced as Parallax, then don't do it. That gives him the Vader spin which I wouldn't be a fan of at all.

Some good news?

i really hope 2020 is a win for us hal fans....

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i really hope 2020 is a win for us hal fans....
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but at this point is it worth it to have any hope about this character in live-action. How fans can still have hopes that WB actually cares enough about the Hal Jordan character to try to do him justice in live-action is honestly surprising to me.

Extraordinary Member

It's been said that because Ganthet kept Volthoom's ring in his stomach all this long time. That power kept him from losing his sanity.
    Two words popped in my head after reading this: bowel movement.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Looks like we might actually get the full Abin Sur/Sinestro/Hal Jordan/Parallax epic that combines elements of New Frontier, Emerald Dawn 2, Emerald Twilight, and Rebirth.

My guess is that they'll have parallel storylines, each taking place in different time periods. In order to save money, the Abin/Sinestro stuff will be the only one initially set in space with a longer version of Hal's rise and fall within the USAF (hopefully set during the 1950s) culminating in Abin's death and his training under Sinestro. This could be intercut with present day stuff focusing on the recipient of the last power ring dealing with the aftermath of Emerald Twilight.

While I think it will piss a lot of fans off, I think substituting Jessica for Kyle is the better choice as the post-Emerald Twilight GL. While John would be a smart move due to his fanbase, Jessica has the more compelling hook than either Kyle or John.

It'll be interesting to see how they thread this needle.
    I honestly do think Jessica will be used over John. I definitely believe Hal will be a prime character here.

Hopefully, the stories, and thespians are in top form.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but at this point is it worth it to have any hope about this character in live-action. How fans can still have hopes that WB actually cares enough about the Hal Jordan character to try to do him justice in live-action is honestly surprising to me.
    Sometimes I can't decide if Johnny is a straight up realist....simply forgot to charge his blue ring....or left it in a locker at the air force base.