Page 135 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3484
    BANNED

GL 1960 issue 32, had counterparts of Hal and Carol.

RCO015_1469393636.jpg

Astonishing Member

Anybody here read GL Earth One volume 2 already? Impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Its great. I never read anything Green Lantern related till the Earth One novels. Think they are the best of the line. There is a lot going on in Volume 2 with 3-4 stories going on at once, but they all tie together at the end. There is a little bit of a twist at the end, and there are a few different directions they can go in a (hopefully) volume 3.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Its great. I never read anything Green Lantern related till the Earth One novels. Think they are the best of the line. There is a lot going on in Volume 2 with 3-4 stories going on at once, but they all tie together at the end. There is a little bit of a twist at the end, and there are a few different directions they can go in a (hopefully) volume 3.
    I enjoyed it too. There were more characters to follow this time compared to season one, some of them were new I think.

I hope it sells well, I'd like to see this followed up on. That cliffhanger, wonder where it could go?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Another tbought of mine was the Yellow Lanterns were very powerful to be able to defeat the Manhunters like that.

I read it yesterday and liked it, has a lot of the more traditional franchise elements brought in but I enjoy some of the twists on them. Feels like maybe it was trying to do a lot in one book compared to the first one but overall the two are on par in my opinion.

I'd rank both so far the best of the Earth One line and I'm someone who enjoys more of those books than others probably.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I read it yesterday and liked it, has a lot of the more traditional franchise elements brought in but I enjoy some of the twists on them. Feels like maybe it was trying to do a lot in one book compared to the first one but overall the two are on par in my opinion.

I'd rank both so far the best of the Earth One line and I'm someone who enjoys more of those books than others probably.
    It did feel a liitle crowded on some parts. Like Kilowog and Arisia only had a couple of lines.

I would have liked to see a little more conflict between becoming a Yellow Lantern and leaving the GL Corps.

I may have missed the explanation so I plan on reading it again soon, but how is a Yellow Lantern more powerful than a Green Lantern?

And I hope we have'nt seen the last of the Manhunters.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I really enjoyed it, although I thought that John Stewart wasn't given enough to do. Perhaps volume 3 will develop him more. They certainly set up a sequel.

the starlings, wearing suits... hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Batman has Jarro, Hal has Starlings ... I am glad to see Evil Star isn't dead though - he can always come back.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Batman has Jarro, Hal has Starlings ... I am glad to see Evil Star isn't dead though - he can always come back.
    i am too. hal has few in his rogues that isn't part of the emotional spectrum

it would be funny if the starlings went the way of the orintho birds. like if they developed their own personality and imprinted on hal.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

Where's Itty when you need him?

BANNED

I know the series mentioned Black Lanterns but has it mentioned any of the other corps Geoff Johns created? The alt world versions of characters with other emotional spectrum powers doesn't really count.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where's Itty when you need him?
    Hopefully Grant would include Itty before season 2 ends.