Page 141 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3484
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So, apparently the origin of the Harley Quinn: Black+White+Red series, was a pitch for a Green Lantern: Black+White+Green.

I just think that the concept could work so well, that I'm mad they didn't. They could still do it, but I doubt they will.
    What are those series? Are they comic titles? Because I could use more titles with Hal in it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hal speaks truth to power!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hal speaks truth to power!
    Batman's not "power" - he's just a lunatic in a bat costume who beats on criminals. Hal's a Green Lantern for an entire sector of space.

i just want to say that i feel that hal didn't actually dated the nurse in issue #6, but was still out of it and had just barely woken up after getting treated...

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-in...-nurse-olaqua/

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Batman's not "power" - he's just a lunatic in a bat costume who beats on criminals. Hal's a Green Lantern for an entire sector of space.
    What are you talking about, Metal/Death Metal have made Bats a seeming multiverse constant. He's talking trash to apparently one of the fundamental laws of the multiverse.

What are you talking about, Metal/Death Metal have made Bats a seeming multiverse constant. He's talking trash to apparently one of the fundamental laws of the multiverse.
    Haha ... Hal arrested God.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Haha ... Hal arrested God.
    Damn straight! Hal is the cosmic Joe Friday!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

And yet, you needed his validation in the 80 year anniversary rather than call Ollie or Barry.

Oh Hal, get your shit together.

To be honest, I much prefer this take on Hal-- He wouldn't like Bruce personally all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    And yet, you needed his validation in the 80 year anniversary rather than call Ollie or Barry.

To be honest, I much prefer this take on Hal-- He wouldn't like Bruce personally all that much.
    Did feel like Johns trying to please Bat-fans still upset over Hal decking him back in the original Rebirth.

Have noticed Batman and GLs don't seem to typically get along at least in modern times. I recall some instances of Bruce and John not getting on well over leadership and well, Guy has that effect on everyone.

I think the Justice League all really get along with each other deep down so I think Hal likes Bruce even if he ribs him a lot. Of course I subscribe to a more likeable take on Batman than is the norm at times...
    Did feel like Johns trying to please Bat-fans still upset over Hal decking him back in the original Rebirth.
    I think Johns has gotten flack for his Batman across his entire career to be honest.
    Have noticed Batman and GLs don't seem to typically get along at least in modern times. I recall some instances of Bruce and John not getting on well over leadership and well, Guy has that effect on everyone.
    It's more of a depending on the writer thing, because for every Batman/John at odds story there's one where Batman is utterly cordial and respectful towards John. If I recall correctly he's the one who brings John into things in Snyder's JL run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Johns has gotten flack for his Batman across his entire career to be honest.

It's more of a depending on the writer thing, because for every Batman/John at odds story there's one where Batman is utterly cordial and respectful towards John. If I recall correctly he's the one who brings John into things in Snyder's JL run.
    I've only really read Batman: Earth One when it comes to Johns' Batman output (which I think I like more than most) but yeah, the Trinity members aren't his strong points.

Astonishing Member

Don't forget all that head trauma...
    He did bump his head a lot back then. You'd think he got it worse than Guy.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, that story was probably more for the Bat fans than GL's.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I think the Justice League all really get along with each other deep down so I think Hal likes Bruce even if he ribs him a lot. Of course I subscribe to a more likeable take on Batman than is the norm at times...

Hey man, Bronze Age Batman is my Batman. He just isn't getting published right now nor any facsimile therein.