Page 158 of 233 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3484

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Must be why he's not much of a presence in Death Metal, after all Hal's seen it must barely register with him.
    I think it’s simply because Snyder doesn’t want to use Hal. He also pretended Hal doesn’t exist when he wrote Detective Comics #1027 and The Last Knight on Earth. Funny thing is, he is more than willing to use Hal’s villain while ignoring Hal all this time.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 09-26-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I think it’s simply because Snyder doesn’t want to use Hal. He also pretends Hal doesn’t exist when he wrote Detective Comics #1027 and The Last Knight on Earth. Funny thing is, he is more than willing to use Hal’s villain while ignoring Hal all this time.
    I don't think do. Snyder could have chosen any GL he wanted for the first Metal and he used Hal. For his Justice League run, he wanted to emulate the cartoon, so he used John.

Plus, it's very likely that Morrison has been given dibs on Hal Jordan until his run is over.

I think it’s simply because Snyder doesn’t want to use Hal. He also pretended Hal doesn’t exist when he wrote Detective Comics #1027 and The Last Knight on Earth. Funny thing is, he is more than willing to use Hal’s villain while ignoring Hal all this time.
    Well, in regards to Sinestro in his Justice Leauge run (which I didn't read past the first arc, so can't speak much on this), I'd say that's a result that of wanting to emulate Super Friends but also that none of the other GLs really have an arch on Sinestro's level to serve as a rep on a villain team.

Though to be honest after Johns' run, it's weird to see Sinestro just be another member of a largely Earth-based villain group.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't think do. Snyder could have chosen any GL he wanted for the first Metal and he used Hal. For his Justice League run, he wanted to emulate the cartoon, so he used John.

Plus, it's very likely that Morrison has been given dibs on Hal Jordan until his run is over.
    First, I doubt Snyder had the option to choose the GL he wanted in Metal.
    Second, if he wanted to emulate the cartoon, he could have picked Wally as the Flash.
    Third, what you said cannot explain why Hal was absent in DC#1027 because 1)Hal has already showed up in Death Metal. Only He was sidelined by Snyder. So it's not forbidden for other writers to use Hal. 2) Snyder included Cyborg, Martian Manhunter and John Stewart and Hawkgirl in the JL scene and Cyborg should be in JLO at this time. So it's not a timeline issue. That means Hal, as one of the seven founding members of JL, was excluded from a scene with every big role of JL since new52 in it. 3)The story won't affect continuity with only two panels cameo.
    Snyder just doesn't feel like mentioning him.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 09-26-2020 at 10:59 PM.

Incredible Member

Well, in regards to Sinestro in his Justice Leauge run (which I didn't read past the first arc, so can't speak much on this), I'd say that's a result that of wanting to emulate Super Friends but also that none of the other GLs really have an arch on Sinestro's level to serve as a rep on a villain team.

Though to be honest after Johns' run, it's weird to see Sinestro just be another member of a largely Earth-based villain group.
    Yeah that degraded Sinestro heavily in character building. It's also shameful to see Snyder tried hard to shoehorn John onto the position as Barry's best buddy and Sinestro's frenemy.

Yeah that degraded Sinestro heavily in character building. It's also shameful to see Snyder tried hard to shoehorn John onto the position as Barry's best buddy and Sinestro's frenemy.
    Hmm, I'd say in the case of Barry that's more just continuing the GLs and Flashes getting paired up tradition.

Same way it seems GLs and Batman don't get along, at least in modern times.

The whole John/Barry thing bothers me but only because Snyder's Barry is basically just Wally, but I guess editorial wouldn't budge on who the main JL Flash had to be.

Sinestro has never felt like John's frenemy in this run.

Astonishing Member

It does feel weird. It feels like Sinestro has no place to go but Earth.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The whole John/Barry thing bothers me but only because Snyder's Barry is basically just Wally, but I guess editorial wouldn't budge on who the main JL Flash had to be.

Sinestro has never felt like John's frenemy in this run.
    1) Sinestro wanted to recruit John.
    2) They were allies and John said “Thank you Thaal.” to Sinestro during the Sixth Dimension arc.
    These would never happen before because Sinestro despises John and John has nothing but hatred for Sinestro.
    Of course you can argue SnyderÂ’s Sinestro is basically another character and there are a whole lot of abnormal things heÂ’s done(like, begging Luthor for help? I nearly blew a fuse when I read that.)
    I just hope the next GL writer can bring Sinestro back to normal.

First, I doubt Snyder had the option to choose the GL he wanted in Metal.
    Second, if he wanted to emulate the cartoon, he could have picked Wally as the Flash.
    Third, what you said cannot explain why Hal was absent in DC#1027 because 1)Hal has already showed up in Death Metal. Only He was sidelined by Snyder. So it's not forbidden for other writers to use Hal. 2) Snyder included Cyborg, Martian Manhunter and John Stewart and Hawkgirl in the JL scene and Cyborg should be in JLO at this time. So it's not a timeline issue. That means Hal, as one of the seven founding members of JL, was excluded from a scene with every big role of JL since new52 in it. 3)The story won't affect continuity with only two panels cameo.
    Snyder just doesn't feel like mentioning him.
    I think you’re reading too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    It does feel weird. It feels like Sinestro has no place to go but Earth.
    Guess that's a problem with a lot of modern villain teams being composed of the Arch-Enemies (Cheetah, Sinestro, Black Manta, etc). Have to wonder why any of them would take orders from Lex, let alone work with him.

Just kind of glaring in the case of Sinestro in particular.

1) Sinestro wanted to recruit John.
    2) They were allies and John said “Thank you Thaal.” to Sinestro during the Sixth Dimension arc.
    These would never happen before because Sinestro despises John and John has nothing but hatred for Sinestro.
    Of course you can argue SnyderÂ’s Sinestro is basically another character and there are a whole lot of abnormal things heÂ’s done(like, begging Luthor for help? I nearly blew a fuse when I read that.)
    I just hope the next GL writer can bring Sinestro back to normal.
    I'd have to re-read it but I think there was a specific reason he wanted John and it wasn't persona, and all the villains in that Sixth Dimension arc had had a complete 180 character change.

I love that this story was Denny O'Neil's final GL/GA story. There's something really poignant about Hal and Ollie's relationship coming full circle and having Hal be the one to open Ollie's eyes about his use of violence, just as Ollie opened up Hal's eyes to the plight of the working class in that first GL/GA issue from decades ago.