Page 165 of 233 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    This is perfection
    Cooke's in my top artists for a few of these characters. Wouldn't mind a reading modern JL book with just that roster.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That looks uncannily like the GL:TAS design .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That looks uncannily like the GL:TAS design .
    Easier to mimic in physical form a 3D cgi creation rather than a traditionally animated one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Cooke's in my top artists for a few of these characters. Wouldn't mind a reading modern JL book with just that roster.
    I second both notion's.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

As far as the show or series or potential films, I'd be all in on Hal/Jess veteran/rookie. I wonder how kid-friendly it might be, my nephew loves superheroes, and my nieces love Jessica thanks to those DC Superhero girls books and cartoons.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

What in the world happened here. I take a break from my usual red rage ringslinging on these forums, to then come back and find this? Damn, okay...

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Because IÂ’m not a fan of Hal. Everyone has their favorites and their biases. I have mine and IÂ’ve clearly chosen my side. John is my favorite, followed by Jessica with Kyle being a cool addition as well.
    Well why post here then. You're no fan of the character, yet you come to his appreciation thread to talk about how you don't like him, that they should not revive the GL animated series because other fans won't support it, you take potshots at his fans in other threads, then you go to the other GL appreciation thread to claim that Hal should not even appear in regular publication anymore because "sacrifices must be made"? Been there done that. DC already "sacrificed" him before and not in a very flattering way. They actually "sacrificed" him in both 1994 and 2011, maybe this time they should find a more respectable way to treat the fans of one of the most important characters of the franchise without completely dumping on him in the process. When all is said and done, for better or worse we're all in this together so maybe tearing down Hal for the sake of propping others isn't really the way to go, especially with DC's past history with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    In Hal's case, the giant history, rogues gallery and mythology that in the comics make him unique, don't mean **** on a adaptation, because whoever DC decides to use will get it, so if Guy is the main character on the TV show, you can bet that Sinestro is going to be his nemesis, the biggest arcs starred by Hal will go to him and don't be surprised if he get a Star Saphire girlfriend.
    What would that say about those other characters then. That they can't stand on their own so they'd have to "borrow" from him instead? Hal doesn't mean ****, yet his material does? If Hal is this irrelevant character that you can replace just like that and noone would even notice, then why all the stuff other GLs use either directly or indirectly come from him. How do you build a media franchise around characters who offer little as solo protagonists to the point where they'd have to take from someone else instead. I think not only that would be sending the wrong message but it would only lead to further division. DC's job should be to make sure every GL character stands on their own, instead of slapping Hal's fans in the face and farm out all his stuff to someone else. If building each of those characters as solo entities haven't been a priority until now, then it should quickly become one. Fans of every GL deserve better, including Hal's.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Welcome back Johnny. Never mind the mess.

Mighty Member

This got me thinking, has Hal...well...ever tried to use his magical charm on Wonder Woman, and did he get far?

I'd be down to see this race .

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    This got me thinking, has Hal...well...ever tried to use his magical charm on Wonder Woman, and did he get far?

Wouldn’t want them involved romantically but I wouldn’t mind seeing their working relationship explored since she’s usually restricted to Supes, Bats, or whoever the other female on JL is at the time. Hal to usually Barry or Bats in recent years.