Page 21 of 233 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

That was very satisfyingly badass.

Tom King:

Grant Morrison:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Tom King:

Grant Morrison:

A lot of those confessionals were weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A lot of those confessionals were weird to me.
    Will or willpower is just another word for determination. Some people have the willpower/determination to quit smoking after decades while others don't. Some people have the willpower/determination to quit drinking after decades while others don't. Some people have the willpower/determination to diet and exercise in order to lose weight while others don't.

It's not a hard concept to understand.

Oh, and before anyone says willpower/determination is not an emotion, it most definitely is. People might not wakeup and say "I'm feeling the willpower to..." but people do wakeup and say, "I'm feeling determined to..." which is the exact same thing.
    Last edited by docmidnite; 01-29-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Incredible Member

I nearly jumped and screamed when I read this... This is what I love about Hal Jordan. Morrison did a perfect job.

Yeah, Morrison understands Hal. Plus it's great to see he's not ashamed whatsoever to bring up the alpha male aspect of Hal's personality as much as he possibly can. lol For a while now many authors seem to think that in order to make the characters more ralatable they need to make them more doubtful or insecure, when Morrison clearly knows that Hal Jordan is the polar opposite of that. He's not someone who is going to question himself or apologize for who he is and this is the perfect type of book to really showcase that.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, Morrison understands Hal. Plus it's great to see he's not ashamed whatsoever to bring up the alpha male aspect of Hal's personality as much as he possibly can. lol For a while now many authors seem to think that in order to make the characters more ralatable they need to make them more doubtful or insecure, when Morrison clearly knows that Hal Jordan is the polar opposite of that. He's not someone who is going to question himself or apologize for who he is and this is the perfect type of book to really showcase that.
    When you're Hal Jordan, the man without fear, there's no room for doubt or insecurity. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

one of the best shows ever...

RE: Blackstars #3 .... man, I was wondering what the hell was going on in terms of Hal using the Miracle Machine to willingly create that alternate timeline/universe. Now we know... It was great to see Hal win the day without just pouring willpower into the ring. He actually has other qualities! Ultimately, it's an interesting way to tell a story, where Hal beats Mu without actually confronting him in any way. (assuming this is over)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-31-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Jim Aparo cover to B&B #174.

B&B174.jpg

Tom King:

Grant Morrison:

looks really good. i still haven't read the issue but will be able to this weekend.

whatever dc is planning, i'd love to see more of how grant portray hal.

I just saw this listed on Amazon as coming out in July:

Green Lantern: 80 Years of the Emerald Knight

51m1Ihwym1L._AC_SY400_.jpg

DC celebrates the 80th anniversary of the Emerald Warrior with this new hardcover collection of the best Green Lantern tales across the decades.

This new hardcover celebrates the legacy of Green Lantern, from his beginnings as Alan Scott in 1940 to the character's rebirth in 1959 as test pilot Hal Jordan, part of a large network of Green Lanterns that serve justice across the galaxy. Alongside his fellow Green Lanterns from Earth and other planets, Hal Jordan is considered one of the bravest heroes in the DC Universe. Included in this title are some of the greatest Green Lantern tales ever, featuring stories and art by comics' top talents.

Any ideas on what stories it contains?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    I just saw this listed on Amazon as coming out in July:

Green Lantern: 80 Years of the Emerald Knight

51m1Ihwym1L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Any ideas on what stories it contains?
    I'm down for an anniversary collection .

I'd have used something with all the Earth GL's together instead of the Emotional Spectrum reps...but if I had to hazard a guess, we'll get 1 or 2 Alan stories, Hal's origin, first appearances of Guy, John, and Kyle, maybe a Parallax story, a Rebirth issue, some issues from the Johns run, and maybe Simon and Jessica's first appearances?