Page 22 of 233 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    I just saw this listed on Amazon as coming out in July:

Green Lantern: 80 Years of the Emerald Knight

Attachment 92360

Any ideas on what stories it contains?
    Knowing DC, probably a crap ton of Hal Jordan stories (even though it is not his 80 year anniversary) with one Alan Scott story. I don't know if that will be the final cover, but even that image is very misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Knowing DC, probably a crap ton of Hal Jordan stories (even though it is not his 80 year anniversary) with one Alan Scott story. I don't know if that will be the final cover, but even that image is very misleading.
    I think Jay got two stories in The Flash anniversary trade, maybe 3 now that I'm thinking on it.

Maybe we'll get a classic Hal/Alan team-up in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...but if I had to hazard a guess, we'll get 1 or 2 Alan stories, Hal's origin, first appearances of Guy, John, and Kyle, maybe a Parallax story, a Rebirth issue, some issues from the Johns run, and maybe Simon and Jessica's first appearances?
    Good prediction. The last iteration of this - the Greatest Green Lantern Stories Ever Told - was originally going to follow that model, but for some reason they pulled some Alan Scott stories last-minute, before publication.

To my mind, it would ideally include representative single issues from every decade - 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. Which means you'd have Alan Scott kick things off, and give way to Hal Jordan in the 50s, include Guy and John in the 80s, and Kyle in the 90s. And include a few other one and done stories to boot.

DiDio recently said they're cutting down on those collections since apparently they haven't been selling well. Perhaps that could've been the reason they cancelled the 3rd volume of the Kyle Rayner collection. So I'm not sure if this collection would make print either, but I guess due to the 80th anniversary thing, it just might.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    DiDio recently said they're cutting down on those collections since apparently they haven't been selling well. Perhaps that could've been the reason they cancelled the 3rd volume of the Kyle Rayner collection. So I'm not sure if this collection would make print either, but I guess due to the 80th anniversary thing, it just might.
    Which sucks. But at least they've got DCUniverse...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which sucks. But at least they've got DCUniverse...?
    I'm not certain if collections that don't get a print release are still released on DCUniverse. Though I'm not from the US so I guess it doesn't really matter to me anyway.

- I'm immortal.
    - No, you're just old.

- I'm immortal.
    - No, you're just old.

that scene was just epic.

That was a good book. I think Venditti really stepped up compared to his earlier GL run.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

That was a good book. I think Venditti really stepped up compared to his earlier GL run.
    Agreed. Venditti stepped it up with HJ&GLC. A series well worth reading and RE-reading.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. Venditti stepped it up with HJ&GLC. A series well worth reading and RE-reading.
    He really did. Had a better art team, too, I felt. I feel like the initial GL run was kind of walled in by all the Relic stuff. Not that it wasn't a suitably interesting storyline, but the reason Jensen's GLC was stronger was because it went more places and picked up a ton, a ton, of dropped GL and DC cosmic threads that Lantern books hadn't in a while. (also, better art). HJ&GLC was fantastic.

I'm not sure if I have a ranking list, but I think it's probably like ... Van Jensen GLC, Venditti's HJ&GLC, Bunn's Sinestro might tie with Soule's Red Lanterns, then maybe the short Tim Seeley stint on GL(s).

What else?

Blackstars wrapped. Nice, solid, self-contained, and a delightfully macabre alt-universe/alt-timeline scenario with a lot of fun bits thrown in. I guess the big question for me is, if Hal used E15 to dupe the will of Mu and the rest, what ramifications does that have for E15 as a whole? What does Zundernell think about it? Was the Lost Ark/Relic/McGuffin of the "Last Power Battery" still there? Is there a possible circular time logic to Hal's wish, like, it was always possibly Hal's wish to use this dead earth that ended up creating this dead earth? So on.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maybe not as much character meat or mythos expansion as some would have hoped, but his second run was pretty solid and enjoyable comics in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

Blackstars wrapped. Nice, solid, self-contained, and a delightfully macabre alt-universe/alt-timeline scenario with a lot of fun bits thrown in. I guess the big question for me is, if Hal used E15 to dupe the will of Mu and the rest, what ramifications does that have for E15 as a whole? What does Zundernell think about it? Was the Lost Ark/Relic/McGuffin of the "Last Power Battery" still there? Is there a possible circular time logic to Hal's wish, like, it was always possibly Hal's wish to use this dead earth that ended up creating this dead earth? So on.
    what was the story of earth 15? i'm not sure i've read a story about it before...