Page 224 of 233 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3484
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes, Campbell wanted Bradley Cooper and the studio wanted Ryan Reynolds, so Campbell reportedly made Reynolds life miserable throughout the shoot, which is the source of Reynolds constant mocking of his performance in the film. Reynolds was never making fun of the character of Hal Jordan, but rather his part in a movie that was creatively compromised from the start.

He’s no more insulting Green Lantern than George Clooney is insulting Batman when he makes fun of Batman & Robin.
    Doesn't sound fair on the actors part if the final decision came from the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Solicitation for the final Morrison/Sharp issue.

I think after all is said and done this series will definitely remain a memorable piece of Green Lantern history. I certainly never expected to see a GL run like that in this day and age. Could very well be the last time we see Hal in a starring role for a while so that gives me a reason to appreciate it even more.

Astonishing Member

As someone who thinks we have too many green lanterns as is, and whose aware that the wheel will inevitably turn back to Hal* in time; I’m not seeing the issue with Hal dropping into the background/limbo for a few years and letting John shine for a new generation

If DC was still doing lots of titles I’d say John as the Solo/JL Green Lantern, Jo in Far Sector/New Guardians, Simon and Jess the GLC stuff and Hal, Kyle, Guy and Alan in reduced/other DC wide roles (Eg Black Lantern, White Lantern, running Warriors as shared social hub and flashback series/desk job on Oa respectively)

*albeit probably with a broom/ship of Theseus thing by then

Fair enough. I think this series has just been rather underappreciated by some fans when I believe in time the TPBs would hold up quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think after all is said and done this series will definitely remain a memorable piece of Green Lantern history. I certainly never expected to see a GL run like that in this day and age. Could very well be the last time we see Hal in a starring role for a while so that gives me a reason to appreciate it even more.
    It will be a good note for Hal to go out on as a solo act if that's the case, until Future State and the stuff in March comes around it's pretty much the only DC book I'm still reading at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As someone who thinks we have too many green lanterns as is, and whose aware that the wheel will inevitably turn back to Hal* in time; I’m not seeing the issue with Hal dropping into the background/limbo for a few years and letting John shine for a new generation

If DC was still doing lots of titles I’d say John as the Solo/JL Green Lantern, Jo in Far Sector/New Guardians, Simon and Jess the GLC stuff and Hal, Kyle, Guy and Alan in reduced/other DC wide roles (Eg Black Lantern, White Lantern, running Warriors as shared social hub and flashback series/desk job on Oa respectively)

*albeit probably with a broom/ship of Theseus thing by then
    To be honest I'm wondering where all the other Earth Lanterns are going to end up. They seem to be really pushing John but I'm not sure if that will behoove the other Earth Lanterns playing a role.

Especially when they didn't do the obvious thing and put at least one of them on the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It will be a good note for Hal to go out on as a solo act if that's the case, until Future State and the stuff in March comes around it's pretty much the only DC book I'm still reading at the moment.
    TGL is the only DC title I'm following now... well, at least I still have CBR and the discussion forums to check in on anything interesting.

Astonishing Member

As with most issues of The Green Lantern, I think I got about 60% of what happened in this issue and look forward to figuring out the rest upon my future re-reads.
    Just read issue #10. It was fun. Carol had the best lines I think.

I wish the Ultra War had more exposure.

I'd love to see Hal have his own family someday.

The issue was cool but I feel some parts of it went over my head. Was tbat Darkseid? Wish someone had annotations for it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I... At least that movie introduced me to Taika Waititi.
    Taika has said similar things about the production of Green Lantern as Reynolds in case there's still anyone out there who thinks he's just exaggerating because the director gave him a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Doesn't sound fair on the actors part if the final decision came from the studio.
    It wasn't fair to anyone. Nobody got what they wanted on that movie. Not the original writers. Not Campbell or Reynolds or Taika. Not Johns.

And not the fans.

That said, we got the GL Animated Series out of it, so that ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Fair enough. I think this series has just been rather underappreciated by some fans when I believe in time the TPBs would hold up quite well.
    I don’t think Morrison/Sharp intended The Green Lantern to appeal to those fans anyway. It was meant for the readers who will keep picking it up for decades to come in TPB and digitally.

The readers looking for the standard superhero beat 'em up & soap opera were never the audience for a book this outrageously weird.

I don’t think Morrison/Sharp intended The Green Lantern to appeal to those fans anyway. It was meant for the readers who will keep picking it up for decades to come in TPB and digitally.

The readers looking for the standard superhero beat 'em up & soap opera were never the audience for a book this outrageously weird.
    It's that kind of book in the way only Morrison can deliver those elements.

Astonishing Member

It wasn't fair to anyone. Nobody got what they wanted on that movie. Not the original writers. Not Campbell or Reynolds or Taika. Not Johns.

And not the fans.

That said, we got the GL Animated Series out of it, so that ain't bad.
    Besides his choice of actor, I wonder what else Campbell wanted. Did WB re wrote the script? But why lash out on the actors?