Page 225 of 233 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Besides his choice of actor, I wonder what else Campbell wanted. Did WB re wrote the script? But why lash out on the actors?
    Because he couldn’t take it out on his bosses so he took it out on his underlings. Not at all uncommon unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Solicitation for the final Morrison/Sharp issue.

Saw this described as Hal vs. his biggest fan and that got me excited for how Morrison might approach this. I hope Hammond gets a good showing, after the last decade focused entirely on the evil Lanterns seeing Hal end via confronting one of his underserved classic Rogues feel appropriate.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Besides his choice of actor, I wonder what else Campbell wanted. Did WB re wrote the script? But why lash out on the actors?
    Vordan nailed it. If you can't take it out on the producers who wield more power than you, you take it out on the pretty boy actor you didn't want to cast.

There is one other good thing that came out of the GL movie aside from the superlative cartoon, Reynolds & Blake Lively falling in love, getting married and raising a pair of lovely daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Saw this described as Hal vs. his biggest fan and that got me excited for how Morrison might approach this.
    I expect the more overzealous Hal fans should prepare themselves for a lot of teasing in the vein of the DCU roast that GL Blackstars #2 was. That was a hilarious send-up of the worst excesses of the modern DCU.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Because he couldn’t take it out on his bosses so he took it out on his underlings. Not at all uncommon unfortunately.

Not sure if this is the same as the Whedon Fisher articles I've read, but WB / DC sure had thier fair share of issues on set. Might be a management issue.

I dont think I've heard of similar issues with Disney. Of director actor clashes.

Not sure if this is the same as the Whedon Fisher articles I've read, but WB / DC sure had thier fair share of issues on set. Might be a management issue.

I dont think I've heard of similar issues with Disney. Of director actor clashes.
    Oh, Disney has had plenty of behind the scenes shenanigans, but Disney lawyers are amongst the most tenacious and feared in the industry. Ray Fisher would have been nuked from orbit by now if this had been a Disney production

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I would love to see him star in an animated movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Oh, Disney has had plenty of behind the scenes shenanigans, but Disney lawyers are amongst the most tenacious and feared in the industry. Ray Fisher would have been nuked from orbit by now if this had been a Disney production
    Disney must have better PR people than WB.

Astonishing Member

Wonder if anybody made a study on the connection of behind the scenes shenanigans and box office success of movies.

I would love to see him star in an animated movie.
    i'd love to see more of atomic earth of infinite crisis. hope star sapphire survived.

Disney must have better PR people than WB.
    And they own 75% of the entertainment industry. If you piss off Disney, you'll cut out 3/4 of your employment opportunities.

Capitalism! Because money.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i'd love to see more of atomic earth of infinite crisis. hope star sapphire survived.
    Yeah, don't let that design go to waste. A Fallout-like take on the DC Universe would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, don't let that design go to waste. A Fallout-like take on the DC Universe would be pretty cool.
    a fallout type or mad max type dc universe would be cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And they own 75% of the entertainment industry. If you piss off Disney, you'll cut out 3/4 of your employment opportunities.

Capitalism! Because money.
    Imagine if Disney bought WB instead of AT&T.

Imagine if Disney bought WB instead of AT&T.
    I'm not sure that would be better, but I'm not sure how it could possibly be worse either