Page 229 of 233 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    More this, less bickering, please .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes, but maybe more of Barry, Oliver, Kilowog, Tom, and/or Carol.

it's bruce who usually does the bickering

The perfect GL and Flash team-up .

Astonishing Member

Made me think where I put my black armband.

Astonishing Member

The perfect GL and Flash team-up .
    Even better than the one with Colonel Sanders.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This is so good!

I've always wondered why did they contrive friction between these two; you would think they would be best friends since Bats is all about the will to power and Hal is the god damn avatar of will power

Well both of them are more than just will power. For example we constantly get storylines about how Batman doesn't trust anyone and is preparing plans on how to take down Justice League if it went bad. I can't see Hal being ok with any of that.

Bruce hardly ever trusts anyone who can have the world at their mercy. His paranoid nature just won't allow it no matter how many times that person prove themselves, as if anyone needs Batman's approval anyway. So when it comes to someone like Hal who had already turned into what Bruce always fears his fellow heroes may turn into, there's no way they can get along that well. He told Superman once that the only time he's inspired someone is when he was dead and we think he'll treat Hal well? lol They can be on the same page but I don't see them being close friends or anything like that. Not that they'd ever share a substantial panel time anytime soon to emphasize on their relationship anyway, if you can even call it that at this point. I doubt Bruce or any of the core JL members care much about Hal even being a founding JL member anymore since he never spends any time with them. He needs to be there first before we ever bring up the "trust" topic.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well both of them are more than just will power. For example we constantly get storylines about how Batman doesn't trust anyone and is preparing plans on how to take down Justice League if it went bad. I can't see Hal being ok with any of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Bruce hardly ever trusts anyone who can have the world at their mercy. His paranoid nature just won't allow it no matter how many times that person prove themselves, as if anyone needs Batman's approval anyway. So when it comes to someone like Hal who had already turned into what Bruce always fears his fellow heroes may turn into, there's no way they can get along that well. He told Superman once that the only time he's inspired someone is when he was dead and we think he'll treat Hal well? lol They can be on the same page but I don't see them being close friends or anything like that. Not that they'd ever share a substantial panel time anytime soon to emphasize on their relationship anyway, if you can even call it that at this point. I doubt Bruce or any of the core JL members care much about Hal even being a founding JL member anymore since he never spends any time with them. He needs to be there first before we ever bring up the "trust" topic.
    I never liked Bruce being written like a paranoid lunatic, you would think that since he is so well prepared that he would be able to predict if a hero goes villain.

But I do agree Johnny, we need more Hal on Earth spending time with his JL friends.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I never liked Bruce being written like a paranoid lunatic, you would think that since he is so well prepared that he would be able to predict if a hero goes villain.

But I do agree Johnny, we need more Hal on Earth spending time with his JL friends.
    this.

and more time with family and coast city.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This is so good!

I've always wondered why did they contrive friction between these two; you would think they would be best friends since Bats is all about the will to power and Hal is the god damn avatar of will power
    I think it really only happened after Parallax and any tension shown in the past has been a retcon. I don't recall them having tension before that. And then Batman's friction with Guy kinda bled into Batman having an issue with all GLs to a degree.

However, I can see where there would be tension at first. Hal is a man with a powerful weapon, which I can see being a trigger for Bruce. And Hal's apparently flippant or cocky attitude flies against Bruce's adherence to strict discipline. So combine the two and I can see why it might have been difficult for Bruce to trust Hal at first..... but only at first. After being on the JLA together awhile should have taken care of that, but y'know, writers like friction sometimes...