Page 25 of 233 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

You know, I was as upset as everyone about the reduction of season two of The Green Lantern, wonder myself about the short sighted motives for such decision. But then, I though, maybe it could be because of what is going to happen with this Generation Zero event.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Wait, what reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

hey look at the bottom!

dc remembered hal....
    Is that really New 52 Hal? He doesn't have those weird shoulder pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that really New 52 Hal? He doesn't have those weird shoulder pads.
    Yeah, the lines are there, they're just not so prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Wait, what reduction?
    Sharp mentioned recently that DC decided to reduce Season Two of The Green Lantern to 8 issues instead of 12 like it was originally supposed to have. No reason was given for the reduction, but he tweeted that it wasn't related to sales, since the book is doing well, so probably it has something to do with 5G.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Sharp mentioned recently that DC decided to reduce Season Two of The Green Lantern to 8 issues instead of 12 like it was originally supposed to have. No reason was given for the reduction, but he tweeted that it wasn't related to sales, since the book is doing well, so probably it has something to do with 5G.
    I still feel this is ludicrous. What harm could 4 issues do?

I have no idea. Maybe there's something we don't know. If there is, Bleeding Cool may dig it out sooner or later. What I do know is now I fully understand why Morrison doesn't like to work with corporate characters anymore. This was supposedly going to be his last hurrah with mainstream comics and at the last moment they decide to reduce the amount of issues of his allegedly final book. smh
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-08-2020 at 07:35 PM.

I have no idea. Maybe there's something we don't know. If there is, Bleeding Cool may dig it out sooner or later. What I do know is now I fully understand why Morrison doesn't like to work with corporate characters anymore. This was supposedly going to be his last hurrah with mainstream comics and at the last moment they decide to reduce the amount of issues of his allegedly final book. smh
    Did Morrison say there won't be a Season 3 after all of this event stuff? Just curious as a fan obviously.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Damned frustrating. The more I heard about this 5G nonsense, the more I despise it because it's shortchanging GL fans of the best run on the book in a generation.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Did Morrison say there won't be a Season 3 after all of this event stuff? Just curious as a fan obviously.
    Not Morrison, but Sharp did.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Damned frustrating. The more I heard about this 5G nonsense, the more I despise it because it's shortchanging GL fans of the best run on the book in a generation.
    i've just been thinking how frustrating dc has been lately. there definitely has been some ups, like morisson's the green lantern... but something feels lacking with the rest of the dcu.

then i realized that things could be worse, like emerald twilight happening all over again.

It may be selfish as a fan, but I'm happy seeing Hal be acknowledged .

Mighty Member

His dress uniform looks so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It may be selfish as a fan, but I'm happy seeing Hal be acknowledged .
    Given that Hal always tends to get blamed for everything bad about the GL franchise, it's fine for Hal fans to be selfish every once in a while.