Page 44 of 233 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Frenzied grizzly bear decides to mess with a ringless Hal Jordan. What did it think was going to happen.

cool to see hal hold hos own and win against a grizzly. without a power ring no less.

now i'm torn between hal and aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    cool to see hal hold hos own and win against a grizzly. without a power ring no less.

Ohhh that's a tough one. My first vote was Hal because how cool is it to powerless punch a bear.... And Aquaman always has super strength. however... on closer examination, it looks like Arthur is actually throwing a polar bear AT someone... and that's just... AWESOME!

tough call all around!!!

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Didn't Hal fight a bear again in the Wolfman run or am I misremembering?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Ohhh that's a tough one. My first vote was Hal because how cool is it to powerless punch a bear.... And Aquaman always has super strength. however... on closer examination, it looks like Arthur is actually throwing a polar bear AT someone... and that's just... AWESOME!

tough call all around!!!
    you're right, aquaman does have super strength. so i think i'm leaning towards hal now.

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-ha...-toy-salesman/

nice article when hal was a toy salesman.

never had the chance to read those old issues. i've also wondered why hal would leave a job flying planes.

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-ha...-toy-salesman/

nice article when hal was a toy salesman.

never had the chance to read those old issues. i've also wondered why hal would leave a job flying planes.
    I don't remember the exact instance for this one.... but 'leave' is usually a wrong choice. honestly that's one of the most believable things about hal. He's late for work. He's not around when he's needed. Things get damaged around him... and either the company goes under or he gets fired. The idea of a super hero who moves from job to job taking what he can and trying to balance both lives is pretty spot on. Especially since he'd have such terrible references. I think vol 3 used to talk about how old man Ferris was good freind of his father's and that's the only reason that hal got away with so much. Anyone else would have been fired.

it's one of the reasons I HATED the Air Force concept from Johns. It's tough enough trying to maintain a secret identity and balance the universe with a day job on a private air field... but IN THE MILITARY!?!? What were they thinking?!?
    Last edited by phantom1592; 03-13-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

The look on that bears face.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Frenzied grizzly bear decides to mess with a ringless Hal Jordan. What did it think was going to happen.

Just another reason Hal is DA MAN!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Late era Broome & Kane GL stories got pretty goofy, as both of them had kind of gotten tired of the usual superhero stuff so they just went wild. At that point, Broome was a heavy pot smoker and Kane was trying to push his art further.

i saw this on twitter... and got confused.

Mighty Member

Hal's string of weird jobs (insurance investigator, toy salesman, trucker, etc) were because he left Coast City. Carol had a whirlwind romance with some guy and they got engaged after a month or two, Hal is VERY upset at this, so he quits his job and leaves town and ends up in a couple new cities doing new things. Why didn't he go to a different aerospace company I do not know

So bear throwing was the pre-shark punching of comics.

THE GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #5
    written by GRANT MORRISON
    art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    card stock variant cover by GARY FRANK
    In the latest issue of this 12-part miniseries, Green Lantern Hal Jordan must test the limits of his ring’s capabilities when he must take down two ruthless killers, each with the powers of Superman! Defying the will of the New Guardians, Hal finally finds his fugitive alien murderers: the deadly husband/wife team of Hyperman and Hyperwoman—but the consequences will be devastating! These super-spouses have already murdered one GL who tried to thwart their lust for cosmic power…and they won’t hesitate to do it again!
    ON SALE 06.10.20
    $3.99 US | 5 OF 12 | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    FC | DC

Hal vs an evil Superman family? Sounds like it should be fun .

They'll probably end up even worse than the bear.