Page 46 of 233 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Besides some odd things with how differently he’s treating the ring and it’s powers and the whole Hal doesn’t like earth thing I genuinely like what Morrison is doing. I think he really gets the feeling of how odd not only out space sci-fi stories should be but also how odd outer space stories within the DC universe should be and he does call back to other stories like Final Night and Final Crisis along with multiverse stories from Multiversity. Blackstars was probably my favorite part of the story if I’m being honest. So over all pretty good.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble enjoying Grant Morrison's run on GL so far? I love Hal, but I'm finding the writing almost unbearable.
    I thought this last one was a little too weird and self indulgent (which Morrison tends to do in most of his runs at one point or another) but overall it may surpass the Johns run as my favorite.

It's also the only DC book I'm consistently giving the time of day to right now, which is pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Okay, well good to see people disagree. I was a fan of Vendetti's run, and was enjoying the General Zod story arch before it was eruptly ended by the Blackstars.

My main concern overall is Green Lantern comic sales, as long as they stay high, I can accept that the writing might not be...my cup of tea.
    I'm more of an intermittent Green Lantern reader. I entered thank to Geoff Johns's run but after he left I didn't go back to the main title. I think the concept of the GL Corps is really vast and writers can make a lot of interesting choices to tell stories while enriching this Universe. After Johns, the closest I've been to a GL title was Red Lanterns written by Charles Soule until he finished his main story (I think he was in the title for a couple of issues more that were part of a crossover before leaving) and The Omega Men written by Tom King, two titles that I really liked. I also read The Lost Army and Edge of Oblivion. Thank to Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp, I'm back in a story starring Hal Jordan and I really want to try Far Sector once it is collected in the US or in Spain. I checked some of Venditti's GL because my brother was collecting it, but it was before Rebirth. I know there were many detractors, but I enjoyed the few issues I read, though I've heard it improved after the line relaunch
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Red Cyborg-Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Red Cyborg-Superman?
    It was a look he adopted for awhile after he was outed as Henshaw and not Superman. (funny that he also had long hair when Superman had long hair at the time)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Just when I thought Morrison made Hal a bit too old school, he did this surprising scene.
    Hal really underestimated his charisma. How can he think Bee doesn't love him?

Astonishing Member

That shot really looks menacing. I admire the design of the Parallax armor, probably much more than Monarch's.

i'm glad cbr has been doing articles about hal lately

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-ha...woman-romance/

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-ha...-toy-salesman/

eve doremus, olivia reynolds, are there any more?

Cowgirl is going to appear soon, so might as well get a brief retrospective on her.

And Arisia will likely come back for the "GL:Earth One" sequel and there's plenty of article material from her controversial history before she was relegated to "background female GL who dresses like a cheerleader."

BANNED

i'm glad cbr has been doing articles about hal lately

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-ha...woman-romance/

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-ha...-toy-salesman/

eve doremus, olivia reynolds, are there any more?
    Of Hal Jordan's throw away love interests?

I've noticed no one ever talks about Dorine Clay...not that I blame them. Though, she might have been a bit more interesting than Eve. There's also Iona Vane from the future. She was actually pretty cool for ending up with Salaak instead of Hal Jordan. That is certainly something of note.

EDIT:
    I do think Dorine deserves some credit for making her way into this totally rad image, though:
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 03-16-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Dorine's probably my favourite of the pre-COIE love interests. Sad that she's not shown up in Morrison's run. Also that Mike W. Barr run is very underrated -- that's actually the run I thought TGL season one was most reminiscent of.

Yeah, given the nature of Morrison's run I'd imagine someone like Dorine would've had a better chance to show up than Eve or Cowgirl. If anything, seems kind of strange for Morrison to jump from the 60s all the way to the 2000s, especially when Dorine even precedes Eve.

This was my first GL comicbook. I bought it as a kid and to this day I get a lot of enjoyment while reading it. This is the edition I own, published in Spain, though I got the picture from Google. It was probably my first introduction to Hal Jordan, in a time where I had no idea of the GL mythos besides that they had a power ring. I knew Kyle beforehand and even when I knew they were different characters, same with John Stewart in the Justice League animated series, they were just "Green Lantern" for me

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah, given the nature of Morrison's run I'd imagine someone like Dorine would've had a better chance to show up than Eve or Cowgirl. If anything, seems kind of strange for Morrison to jump from the 60s all the way to the 2000s, especially when Dorine even precedes Eve.
    Yeah, Eve is a really odd choice since she's pretty much a blank slate as a character, lol. But if Hal were to hang out with some old Earth flame, then I guess Eve makes sense over Dorine since she's more Earth-based.