Page 48 of 233 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm actually trying to think if Clark has a comparable list of love interests (one shot or otherwise) in number. We have Lois, Lana, Lori, (sometimes) Diana, Maxima, Lyla Lerrol, Sally Selwyn, Luma Lynai, etc. Basically anyone with an "LL" initial that showed up in a one shot story in the silver age lol.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    You're forgetting Rose Hardin, Kari Limbo and Power Girl when it comes to Hal's other love interests.

When it comes to Clark I would say yes, but Bruce has always had the likes of Vicki Vale, Silver St. Cloud, Julie Madison, Linda Page, Amina Franklin, Charlotte Rivers, Lorna Shore, Mallory Moxon, Natalia Trusevich, Vesper Fairchild, Shondra Kinsolving, Rachel Caspian, etc, etc, and that's before even mentioning the Silver Age version of Bat-woman/Kate Kane, The Bronze Age Nocturna/Natalia Knight, Catwoman/Selina Kyle, Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Talia Al Gaul, etc.

Before "shippers" became a thing in the late 80's creators/writers would generally create a love interest for the story they were telling at the time and as more stories were written over time, the more love interests accumulated for some heroes. Long running characters like Hal, Bruce, Logan/Wolverine (and until they finally settled down) Peter Parker, Wally West are perfect examples of long running characters who accumulated a pretty good list of love interests that created just for them (and, had some characters that were created independently from them as love interests as well) over a long period of time.
    power girl? over in jl europe?

i follow batman from time to time, but i haven't heard half of those names you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Personally, I don't consider Power Girl a real romantic interest. It came out of nowhere and disappeared just as quickly. It's more of an aborted storyline, imo.

Sharp never ceases to amaze.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Really cool interview. As usual, Morrison's thoughts on Hal are a pleasure to read.
    It's great that he knows Hal doesn't need "deconstructing". I would still like to see Tom King write Hal again in the future but the thought almost kind of scares you at the same time. lol

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Damn, that last panel.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

i follow batman from time to time, but i haven't heard half of those names you listed.
    Batman has been around for over 80 years, so some of his love interests fall under different categories like, Golden Age love interests, Silver Age love interests, Bronze Age love interests, post-CoIE love interests, post-Zero Hour love interests, 2000's love interests, New 52 love interests, etc, etc.

BTW, I forgot about Jezabell Jet. She was Bruce's love interest at the beginning of Morrison's Batman run.

When it comes to Hal and PG's relationship over in JLE, it was complicated so here is a link that should explain things better than I could...

https://comiccombatant.tumblr.com/po...irls-sexuality

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Damn, that last panel.
    I could read Green Lantern (and Wonder Woman) comics by Sharp for the rest of my days.

Also, I wonder if Cowgirl is dragging their other friend from that period, "Rocket Man" or whatever his name was.

Astonishing Member

This is Liam Sharp? I thought I was looking at a different artist.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

That is beyond astonishing!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Is that Cowgirl?

Damn that is beautiful.
    It's great that he knows Hal doesn't need "deconstructing". I would still like to see Tom King write Hal again in the future but the thought almost kind of scares you at the same time. lol
    King’s problem right now is that he’s writing in circles the same story about depression, PTSD, and being a soldier. He wasn’t like that before, he could write other stories, but lately it’s all he’s been writing. Hal is not a character who works for that type of story. If King could recapture the tone of his GL one shot for DW he would do a great job. But whether he can do that remains to be seen. He’s claimed his Adam Strange will be a different story from his “Trilogy of Bad Intentions” (Sheriff, Omega Men, Mister Miracle) so we’ll see if he can break out of his creative rut.

Otherwise I’d like to see Yang take a crack at Hal or any GL. Really enjoying the craziness of his Terrifics run.

Astonishing Member

Yup.

This was on a cover.

I'm sure it attracted attention.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Batman has been around for over 80 years, so some of his love interests fall under different categories like, Golden Age love interests, Silver Age love interests, Bronze Age love interests, post-CoIE love interests, post-Zero Hour love interests, 2000's love interests, New 52 love interests, etc, etc.

BTW, I forgot about Jezabell Jet. She was Bruce's love interest at the beginning of Morrison's Batman run.

When it comes to Hal and PG's relationship over in JLE, it was complicated so here is a link that should explain things better than I could...

https://comiccombatant.tumblr.com/po...irls-sexuality
    it would make sense for bruce to have more romantic relationship, with him hiding in that billionaire playboy persona.

hal though, sure has a lot. guess the writers then didn't plan on carol becoming lois lane.

but of all the those names, it'll always be carol for me. (well mostly, because i'm intrigued where jillian could lead to).

Astonishing Member

Probably because Carol's alter ego was Star Sapphire. But I'm glad she turned over a new leaf.