Page 57 of 233 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Finally read this recently. Solid book with an interesting take on the mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's my favorite of the Earth One books and before Morrison it was my favorite thing done with GL since Johns left the book.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-08-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's my favorite of tthe Earth One books and before Morrison it was my favorite thing done with GL since Johns left the book.
    And they are working on a volume 2, which I'm really excited to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I have to say, i really hated the Hal Jordan: Spectre book. I kept at it a lot longer than I thought i did... but it just wasn't for me. It was way too much 'spectre' and just didnt' feel like Hal Jordan to me.

That said... The times he guest starred in JLA, JSA, or Green Lantern showing off his new Spectre form... Man I LOVED those stories. soemthing abou the art or charactization... but that was soem great issues.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    And they are working on a volume 2, which I'm really excited to hear.
    Yep, one of the DC books I'm most looking forward to.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Earth One was a really fun book. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Hal/John dynamic, which never gets enough play in the comics. I was hoping the aborted GLCorps movie would have finally given creators the impetus to explore it more, but...nope.

Astonishing Member

Since the DCAU is ending, I would't mind WB making an animated movie of GL Earth One.

Or if I'm lucky, it's own animated series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I have to say, i really hated the Hal Jordan: Spectre book. I kept at it a lot longer than I thought i did... but it just wasn't for me. It was way too much 'spectre' and just didnt' feel like Hal Jordan to me.

That said... The times he guest starred in JLA, JSA, or Green Lantern showing off his new Spectre form... Man I LOVED those stories. soemthing abou the art or charactization... but that was soem great issues.
    Spectre Hal was really interesting, but Hal was just, guest starring in other books like you said. It didn't feel like he was was a major player of the main DCU.

I am happy Geoff brought back Hal.

Incredible Member

Spectre Hal was melancholic, poetic, impressible, had zen sensibilities. I think it's interesting to see him like that occasionally and I like that book.
    But I agree DC should never do that in the main universe again.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Spectre Hal was melancholic, poetic, impressible, had zen sensibilities. I think it's interesting to see him like that occasionally and I like that book.
    But I agree DC should never do that in the main universe again.
    yeah... but when Hal fans were petitioning to get him back, NONE of that is what they were talking about. There was a serious bait and switch that went on there, i think if any OTHER character was a Spectre host and they wrote him like that... it may have been interesting, but I just couldn't stand that book.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Spectre Hal was really interesting, but Hal was just, guest starring in other books like you said. It didn't feel like he was was a major player of the main DCU.
    On the other hand, there was a lot more stuff going on with 'Hal changing the Spectre' in the DCU then there really was with Jim Corrigan's version. They always kept Spectre around as more of a deus ex Machina/plot point then a character outside his own book (for legitimate reason...) but when Hal took over, Spectre DID suddenly feel like he was active force again. People in the JLA/JSA/ETC books actually mentioned him from time to time.

In fact if the art and story of his own book had stayed similar to the guest stars... Hal's search for redemption and redeeming others while riding roughshod over a force of god... I MAY have been into it. But the main series was just... weird with his new niece and abin sur's ghost.. and all the metaphysical zen poetry stuff... and it didn't work for me.

I do agree that I'll forever be grateful with Johns for getting a ring back on that hand :P

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    i think the creators have been big sci fi novel writers. i'm not really familiar with them, but i sure appreciate the whole feel of gl earth one.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I should learn to stop getting triggered whenever I see him with that grey hair. Irritates me every time. :/
    I only liked the gray hair when Pat Broderick drew them in the first few issues of vol. 3. His hair -- and his overall look in general -- was more scruffy and the gray was still relatively less pronounced than it became later.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    I only liked the gray hair when Pat Broderick drew them in the first few issues of vol. 3. His hair -- and his overall look in general -- was more scruffy and the gray was still relatively less pronounced than it became later.

it looks like hal is not wearing his dad's jacket in this.

when did the bomber jacket story start? was it geoff johns who introduce it?