Page 6 of 233 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I don't get why so many people are upset over the characters' depiction from that show, it's all meant to be a joke.
    To be fair it's not surprising for fans to voice their displeasure if they feel like their favorites are being portrayed in a rather unflattering manner. The show has its target audience and it's obvious that it's not meant to be taken seriously, but it's understandable it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Same with the Harley Quinn show that I'm otherwise having a blast with so far.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Great to see Kirkham draw Hal again. He did some of the best covers on "HJ&TGLC".

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    MOST impressive!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I guess with DCSHG it makes sense given that all the characters are deliberately over the top on the show. But we don't need that in more serious adaptations. I'm looking forward to Red Son.
    While he's a bit of a parody of himself, the big storyline with the "Invinci-Bros" did a lot to round him out so that he wasn't just a punching bad and that the show isn't all about "girls rule, boys drool." Hal was a team player and turned the tide against the Kryptonians (using his brain, no less).

for a few seconds i got excited and thought hal would be brought back to the justice league.

and then i realized they're wearing nu 52 costumes....

maybe if i'm lucky robert venditti will remember hal and have hal join the league.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    While he's a bit of a parody of himself, the big storyline with the "Invinci-Bros" did a lot to round him out so that he wasn't just a punching bad and that the show isn't all about "girls rule, boys drool." Hal was a team player and turned the tide against the Kryptonians (using his brain, no less).

What was the story about? And what did Hal do?

Astonishing Member

Just heard that Oliver will take the mantle of the Spctre in the CW Arrow. Funny how that was a brief portion of Hal's history and will soon be Oliver's.

Sad that that show hinted on Hal's existence but never followed through.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    What was the story about? And what did Hal do?
    Hal's big moment came when he realized that the team needed Wonder Woman's leadership, and on this show Steve Trevor is Diana's Kryptonite - she acts all bashful and can't think straight when he's around, so in the darkest moment, when it seems like Zod's about to win, he sends Trevor away on an errand thus allowing WW to focus on the threat and come up with a plan.

Love this!

It's kind of hilarious how dated these costumes look now except for, like, Flash and Aquaman.
    It's nice seeing Hal care about Coast City.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Also, Garth helped majorly, which was nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's nice seeing Hal care about Coast City.
    I wish there was more consistency. Obviously noone is going to tell Morrison to stick to whatever came before him, but it's bizarre seeing Hal care so much about his home planet in one series, then he can't wait to get out of there in the next.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I wish there was more consistency. Obviously noone is going to tell Morrison to stick to whatever came before him, but it's bizarre seeing Hal care so much about his home planet in one series, then he can't wait to get out of there in the next.
    Agreed. To any serious GL, that inconsistency can be seen as maddening. I would prefer a middle ground myself where Hal loves being among the stars but enjoys spending time on Earth to unwind from traveling the galaxy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!