Page 70 of 233 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    By Vasco Georgiev.

That would be an...interesting relationship.

I don't know... even as Parallax, Hal was all about protecting everything everywhere.... he just was willing to go more than a little extreme to do it. Dark Phoenix?? She was a bit more 'burn it all down and dance in the ashes' kind of thing. I see it more like Phoenix shows up and Parallax was the last best hope to stop her...

By Vasco Georgiev.

My main takeaway is being apparently being possessed by cosmic entity messes with your hair (Hal's grey temples and Jean's lions mane)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't know... even as Parallax, Hal was all about protecting everything everywhere.... he just was willing to go more than a little extreme to do it. Dark Phoenix?? She was a bit more 'burn it all down and dance in the ashes' kind of thing. I see it more like Phoenix shows up and Parallax was the last best hope to stop her...
    I guess in the artist's own words the idea was the Parallax entity trying to further brainwash an already brainwashed Jean Grey after it had previously brainwashed Hal Jordan, to further increase its own brainwashing powers. That's a mouthful.

https://twitter.com/vascogeorgiev/st...44561995673603
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-04-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    IIRC Hal’s parents didn’t exist and have names until the 90s? We saw a lot of his family in the silver age and Bronze Age but his parents just never came up.
    So was it Emerald Dawn that introduced Martin Jordan? And Geoff Johns Secret Origin gave some screen time to Hal's mom?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    So was it Emerald Dawn that introduced Martin Jordan? And Geoff Johns Secret Origin gave some screen time to Hal's mom?
    Yup. Prior to '89, both of Hal's parents were absent and unnamed.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I haven't read every 1960s GL story, so I can't concretely state Hal's parents were never mentioned. But as Bored pointed out, they probably weren't: In the Silver Age the critical family relationships in Hal's life were his two brothers Jim and Jack; the whole family was modeled on the Kennedy brothers, with Jack running for public office (D.A.?) in at least one of those old stories. The parents were not mentioned in those stories, anyway.

Though there was an Uncle Titus - anyone know if they specified whose brother he was?
    Last edited by Dr. Ellingham; 05-05-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Has Hal ever had that "No Green Lantern's ring during my flight tests" rule before? I remember Hal was wearing GL's ring during a flight test when he was being written by Johns
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Has Hal ever had that "No Green Lantern's ring during my flight tests" rule before? I remember Hal was wearing GL's ring during a flight test when he was being written by Johns
    I think it's a "Johns rule". At least I don't recall reading earlier stories where he made it a point to not wear his ring during flight tests.

Incredible Member

I think it's a "Johns rule". At least I don't recall reading earlier stories where he made it a point to not wear his ring during flight tests.
    Hal wasn't using a ring when flying in the lead up to the 1-year later event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    I haven't read every 1960s GL story, so I can't concretely state Hal's parents were never mentioned. But as Bored pointed out, they probably weren't: In the Silver Age the critical family relationships in Hal's life were his two brothers Jim and Jack; the whole family was modeled on the Kennedy brothers, with Jack running for public office (D.A.?) in at least one of those old stories. The parents were not mentioned in those stories, anyway.
    Yeah as you and others indicate, it was Emerald Dawn.
    Another clue, even if you haven't read every Silver Age story, is the Who's Who entries which began 84-85 (pre Crisis) while in the Hal Jordan entry under known family: they do list and name as you indicate his brothers, Jim and Jack, his cousin (Hal), Nephew (Jason), and nieces (Jennifer & Jan), they do not list any parents by name there.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Again (like the name and death of Martin Jordan) this is another element that was introduced in Emerald Dawn.
    Don't know that it makes great sense, but there it is...

(sometimes I have to wonder if Carol doesn't intentionally gives him only the most defective planes to test.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-05-2020 at 05:53 PM.