Page 75 of 233 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    hal and the green lanterns were dispatched so easily in this universe. darkseid dispatched the corps with hands behind his back.

actually, i was hoping for hal to get more respectable action against doomsday in death of superman. barry fared better.

the past few jl animated movies haven't been great for hal. wb couldn't even be bothered to put him in the box art.
    Many things have changed for the past decade so I don't necessarily disagree with Hal not being much of a priority anymore, what I don't understand is the notion of purposely embarrassing the character and making him the butt of all the jokes, let alone hiring people who don't care for writing him. I think the bigger issue is the fact that DC allowed Hal to be given an exit like that after the portrayal he was given in this animated universe, without even attempting to preserve anything about the integrity of the character at all. They could at least have him go out while saving some of his teammates for instance. But it is what it is and I don't expect things to change for the better. This is a character where in my book you're more than allowed to be a downer.

I mean, I haven't seen the film, but it sounds like a lot of characters, including the entire Corps., end up being cannon fodder so I wouldn't really single out Hal even if the writer isn't a big fan of him.

Astonishing Member

I need to re read Alex Ross' Justice after watching JLD Apokolips War.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Incredible Member

Apokolips War is an absolutely **** show. The writer is neither good at writing nor caring the characters. There's no one meaningful death. She just slaugtered them for fun.

Mighty Member

Sidenote; whoever did the art for the most recent issue of Green Lantern is really good!!!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Sidenote; whoever did the art for the most recent issue of Green Lantern is really good!!!
    That was Liam Sharp, the same guy who has been doing every issue. He's just experimenting with different art styles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Apparently the person who wrote the movie didn't seem to care much about Hal at all: https://twitter.com/MairghreadScott/...17822057926656
    Well, at least we know it's just an unprofessional writer thought her own mood should decide what a movie presents instead of what audiences and fans want to see, not that the company doesn't care about Hal.
    No wonder DC's market capitalization keeps dropping since they're hiring this kind of employees.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Well, at least we know it's just an unprofessional writer thought her own mood should decide what a movie presents instead of what audiences and fans want to see, not that the company doesn't care about Hal.
    No wonder DC's market capitalization keeps dropping since they're hiring this kind of employees.
    If the company cared about him, why would they allow for the character to be given this kind of treatment. It appears to me that as far as outside media is concerned and whenever Hal is actually part of something, DC has decided to run with the Ryan Reynolds jokes about an inept useless character who brings nothing to the table. That's how he was portrayed in this animated universe the whole time. DC should be held just as accountable for it as writers like this. She would not have written him that way if DC didn't approve it. The problem comes from the top.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-13-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If the company cared about him, why would they allow for the character to be given this kind of treatment. It appears to me that as far as outside media is concerned and whenever Hal is actually part of something, DC has decided to run with the Ryan Reynolds jokes about an inept useless character who brings nothing to the table. That's how he was portrayed in this animated universe the whole time. DC should be held just as accountable for it as writers like this. She would not have written him that way if DC didn't approve it. The problem comes from the top.
    One could say DC cares more for Aquaman and Mera but I hear they don't end up much better in this film.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That was Liam Sharp, the same guy who has been doing every issue. He's just experimenting with different art styles.
    Cool. Well I enjoyed his new style, hope he sticks with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Cool. Well I enjoyed his new style, hope he sticks with it.
    The colors are amazing.

I think Liam Sharp was testing something, this probably took a longer time to finish.

ign's top 25 dc heroes...

hal ranked at number 4.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One could say DC cares more for Aquaman and Mera but I hear they don't end up much better in this film.
    Hal, Arthur, and the whole GL Corps did not fare well in the film. But the Suicide Squad sure did took down a lot of ParaDooms.