Page 9 of 233 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I doubt Hal will be featured in Metal sequel if Snyder has more creative freedom this time... Snyder clearly has no interest in Hal and he's never written a decent Hal so far. Besides, he almost makes John fully take Hal's role in JL, such as befriending with the Flash, being the frenemy of Sinestro, and so on.
    that's another sad thing to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I doubt Hal will be featured in Metal sequel if Snyder has more creative freedom this time... Snyder clearly has no interest in Hal and he's never written a decent Hal so far. Besides, he almost makes John fully take Hal's role in JL, such as befriending with the Flash, being the frenemy of Sinestro, and so on.
    It's because he's basing his run partially on the DCAU League.

You can even see it in how he writes Barry.

It’s not like Snyder hates Hal. He used Hal, Tom, Cowgirl and Rocketman in Metal. I have faith that he’ll at least use both Hal and John in his next event. Besides Hal has his own book with Morrison doing a pretty decent job on it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I still remember the SDCC panel of the Green Lantern movie where at one point Blake Lively was asked about Carol becoming Star Sapphire in a potential sequel and she said she'd love to but the costume should probably have some more material. She got booed right after saying that. lol
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-12-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

I have that issue in storage. Wow....Star Sapphire's comment about pale flesh....

I still remember the SDCC panel of the Green Lantern movie where at one point Blake Lively was asked about Carol becoming Star Sapphire in a potential sequel and she said she'd love to but the costume should probably have some more material. She got booed right after saying that. lol
    Fanboys, amirite :P?

I wonder if we'll ever see a live-action Star Sapphire...

Extraordinary Member

Some clarification would be nice, but May will arrive soon enough.

Geoff Johns has been developing a Green Lantern film project for the past couple of years. It is currently unclear if the new HBO Max series will be separate from Johns’ project, or if the film project has evolved into a streaming series.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#3929ed2e7b08

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fanboys, amirite :P?

I wonder if we'll ever see a live-action Star Sapphire...
    I think we probably will, but whether it's Carol or not, it depends on who the featured Green Lantern is. If it's not Hal, then it's unlikely to be Carol.

I think we probably will, but whether it's Carol or not, it depends on who the featured Green Lantern is. If it's not Hal, then it's unlikely to be Carol.
    I wonder if they'd give Kyle a Star Sapphire type nemesis/potential love interest.

Maybe something to do with Alex instead of fridging her.

You never know - they tend to give Hal's enemies and history (and girlfriends) to other GL's because they don't really have much of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    You never know - they tend to give Hal's enemies and history (and girlfriends) to other GL's because they don't really have much of their own.
    Like when they gave John Hal's relationship with Sinestro in that Static Shock episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Like when they gave John Hal's relationship with Sinestro in that Static Shock episode.
    Or gave Sinestro to Kyle in that Superman episode... the Manhunters storyline to John in that Justice League episode...Rose to John, Iona to Salaak, Arisia to Guy, Carol to Kyle...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    God, I hate that. How do they expect these characters to grow if they don’t develop stuff of their own? Just lazy writing if you ask me.

Also, I really hope the show is about Hal. He’s the GL that’s spent the most time in space.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    God, I hate that. How do they expect these characters to grow if they don’t develop stuff of their own? Just lazy writing if you ask me.

Also, I really hope the show is about Hal. He’s the GL that’s spent the most time in space.
    I think they just see the GL mantle as a revolving door, especially in terms of the Justice League membership. Whoever happens to be the resident GL on the team would be given stuff originally associated with Hal. It does feel lazy and unfortunately it shows how easily replaceable they consider Hal to be, but it's not that surprising.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-12-2020 at 06:02 PM.