Page 95 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Is this recent!? Lol DC still trying to make Cyborg happen
    Well, they're using Rebirth designs for the Trinity so it has to have been somewhat recent.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I definitely see Hal as a Chuck Yeager type but I recently rewatched the Green Lantern and it was way better than I remembered. I would see it again actually. It’s been better received I thought.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I definitely see Hal as a Chuck Yeager type but I recently rewatched the Green Lantern and it was way better than I remembered. I would see it again actually. It’s been better received I thought.
    I plan on watching it again soon. And a lot of people seem to streaming it too. Well, in California at least.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Never occurred to me the Parallax armor was a construct. Bad time for Hal but that was a pretty good costume as far as those go for hero-to-villain costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Never occurred to me the Parallax armor was a construct. Bad time for Hal but that was a pretty good costume as far as those go for hero-to-villain costumes.
    In context isn't it now like Parallax's skin when he possesses someone? And he kind of looks like a living construct.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In context isn't it now like Parallax's skin when he possesses someone? And he kind of looks like a living construct.
    That and apparently grey-temple hair given that also shows up in everyone he possesses.

Well, they're always flip flopping on whether the costumes are constructs, space cloth, or something in between... so yeah, they could be talking about Parallax being a construct armor....

but they also used this picture here, which was Parallax actually wearing construct armor.... and it does look pretty cool.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97395[/ATTACH

Honestly, most of those constructs don't impress me too much. I've seen Hal make a LOT of cooler things. One of my favorites was the giant construct keeping the continents in place during JLA year One... that was impressive
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Well, they're always flip flopping on whether the costumes are constructs, space cloth, or something in between... so yeah, they could be talking about Parallax being a construct armor....

but they also used this picture here, which was Parallax actually wearing construct armor.... and it does look pretty cool.

Honestly, most of those constructs don't impress me too much. I've seen Hal make a LOT of cooler things. One of my favorites was the giant construct keeping the continents in place during JLA year One... that was impressive
    that was impressive. i mean not even superman could've done that i think.

Not sure about the metal look, but not the first time they've depicted the uniform that way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

In Star Trek the holodeck doesn't just project hard-light holograms, it like basically generates simulated matter, at least surface level, so things feel how they feel, they don't just look how they look, with weight and heft and grit and texture. And Star Trek is way more grounded a sci-fi concept than Green Lantern, so like ... something could definitely be both a Construct as well as Space Cloth at the same time.

Going back to the old Parallax costume, I feel like as Super Nineties costumes go, it has aged rather well. It's still vainglorious, over the top and "too much". But there's a simplicity to it, not too overwrought or techie looking that at least keeps it somewhat stylish. Like a Sixties Kirby design. There's quite a bit going on, but it leans more "iconic" and less "what the hell?" like a Seventies Kirby design. I mean I think those are timeless ... but stylish? No not stylish.

Because of that particular style of vainglorious dramatic fashion, when they did the Parallax villain heel turn in Corps War and put that costume on Kyle it really sold it as a concept. I don't think Hallax's costume needed redemption, but it was like dusting off an old thing and showing that with the right backing, it's not cheesy, it's evocative and psychological! Frankly I think it's symbolic of that being a very clever retcon as a whole concept behind a whole run of a comic book. "That wasn't really Hal", and the over the top costume sells it. Even how Van Sciver put some of that costume design into Parallax's body design.

And it fit on Sinestro later like a glove. I mean efficient and typically spartan, yeah, but Sinestro can pull off vainglorious and prideful. He was never fooling anybody with that mustachio.

Like, imagine if somebody put told us that Electric Superman was an Evil Electric Entity and then they put the Electric Superman costume on Superman's friend and protege, Conner Kent, and it felt anywhere near as Epic as Kyle getting Parallaxed felt?
    Last edited by K. Jones; 06-10-2020 at 02:50 AM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Sinestro the ladies man :P?