Page 99 of 233 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Well, The comic did explain that is a scene from JL's last battle with Perpetua, So maybe hal later joined the team to fight perpetua?
    spoilers:
    I would assume Hal actually will have a much larger role to play considering that Parallax Hal from Zero Hour is involved with the Crisis energy they need to cause an anti-crisis. Not sure if they can just get that from Hal directly or if it will have to be gotten from Dark Multiverse Parallax or whatever. Probably doesn't hurt that Hal also had a recent run in with multiverse stuff in Morrison's Green Lantern and Black Stars.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Today's issue is great. The book's pacing has been weird lately but the delays didn't help anything. But this one really strikes that chord of being a deep dive into taking early 1960s Fox/Gardner/Broome/Infantino era stuff deadly seriously. So this short run of issues which feature Hal back on earth, ostensibly bumping into all of his old girlfriends, as well as some super-friends, wears thin fast maybe but this one in particular is boosted by being the Flash issue.

I expected the weirdness that comes with Barry and a Sixties deep dive to sell me, but I didn't expect at all for the premise to be a skillfully mined anecdote that ties back to the mystery of Zunderdell. Nice to see direct movement on the Hyperman plot. Olivia's involvement is very fun. That whispering shoulder Fool thing is nightmare fuel.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal in Death Metal.

While it was nice to see him, this was odd. Hal was not part of Snyder's JL roster and given Cyborg's absence, this can't be a flashback scene from the time when he was still on the main team.

I believe this is meant to be the aftermath of this event from DC Rebirth.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hal in Death Metal.

While it was nice to see him, this was odd. Hal was not part of Snyder's JL roster and given Cyborg's absence, this can't be a flashback scene from the time when he was still on the main team.
    And, unless I missed something, at the time Hal was on the team, Arthur didn't have long hair and the beard.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yeah, Hal doesn't have the New-52 costume like he did in the original Metal series and they all have their current designs so this clearly takes place between the end of Snyder's JL run and Death Metal. I've brought up Hal always being excluded from the main DCU events before, but him just randomly showing up like that out of nowhere kind of feels just as odd.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-17-2020 at 03:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Today's issue is great. The book's pacing has been weird lately but the delays didn't help anything. But this one really strikes that chord of being a deep dive into taking early 1960s Fox/Gardner/Broome/Infantino era stuff deadly seriously. So this short run of issues which feature Hal back on earth, ostensibly bumping into all of his old girlfriends, as well as some super-friends, wears thin fast maybe but this one in particular is boosted by being the Flash issue.

I expected the weirdness that comes with Barry and a Sixties deep dive to sell me, but I didn't expect at all for the premise to be a skillfully mined anecdote that ties back to the mystery of Zunderdell. Nice to see direct movement on the Hyperman plot. Olivia's involvement is very fun. That whispering shoulder Fool thing is nightmare fuel.
    I just read it and I need ed to re read issue 4 again. Lol.

Interesting mix of heroes and costumes .
    Hal in Death Metal.

Just throw in Martian Manhunter and we would've had the OG!Big Seven...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Neat piece; the figure on the left looks a bit like it was drawn by Pat Broderick.

But that hoodie look is just...why.

Astonishing Member

Hal in Death Metal.

Will Hal have more appearances in DM?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    Neat piece; the figure on the left looks a bit like it was drawn by Pat Broderick.

But that hoodie look is just...why.
    For some damn fool reason, hoodies were hot stuff, from Damian-Robin, Green Arrow to Renegade Hal. Why, I have no idea.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    For some damn fool reason, hoodies were hot stuff, from Damian-Robin, Green Arrow to Renegade Hal. Why, I have no idea.
    Hoods convey a hint of darkness, visually frame the face and imply an intent to conceal without actually covering the face, thus allowing the artist to convey the character's emotions if they so chose or can be used to drape the face in shadow. Not practical, but it's a storytelling piece of clothing.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

20200618_093452.jpg

This is awesome.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    20200618_093452.jpg

This is awesome.
    The team-up I never knew I needed .

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Will Hal have more appearances in DM?
    Parallax Hal likely will. Hope the "real" Hal does as well.