Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 246
  1. #196
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post




    What is this BS? I know she can short circuit electronics but does she ever use her powers to knock people out besides this? Claremont was on one with his description. If her powers actually worked like this on a regular basis, she'd be OP as hell
    Yes it's been used before but rare. First time we see her use her phase power to disrupt bioelectricity of a person is actually back in Excalibur's vol 1 run. I forget the exact issue but Jean & Professor X convinces Kitty to call Peter who's on Asteroid M (this during time Colossus followed Magneto) to trick him to come to Muir Island, something about him being injured and needed treatment or so they believed (thinking his behavior is due to injuries)
    As she touches him, she disrupts him just enough that brainwaves can't trigger muscles to move. he's temporally paralyzed.

    Another time something similar to this is actually in a What If issue, where instead of Jean, it's Storm who is host to Phoenix force. They find the pod that had the body of real Ororo in it, Kitty phases into the body enough that the nervous systems overlap: Kitty is able to posses Ororo's body and control it.

    I can't remember which title or issue. Thought it was Mechanix, but may be X-Men title around similar time frame, Kitty is facing a mob and runs through a person, disrupting the nervous system and making the person faint.

  2. #197
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trina View Post
    Yes it's been used before but rare. First time we see her use her phase power to disrupt bioelectricity of a person is actually back in Excalibur's vol 1 run. I forget the exact issue but Jean & Professor X convinces Kitty to call Peter who's on Asteroid M (this during time Colossus followed Magneto) to trick him to come to Muir Island, something about him being injured and needed treatment or so they believed (thinking his behavior is due to injuries)
    As she touches him, she disrupts him just enough that brainwaves can't trigger muscles to move. he's temporally paralyzed.

    Another time something similar to this is actually in a What If issue, where instead of Jean, it's Storm who is host to Phoenix force. They find the pod that had the body of real Ororo in it, Kitty phases into the body enough that the nervous systems overlap: Kitty is able to posses Ororo's body and control it.

    I can't remember which title or issue. Thought it was Mechanix, but may be X-Men title around similar time frame, Kitty is facing a mob and runs through a person, disrupting the nervous system and making the person faint.
    I just read Exc 71 and thats not what I got from that. Kitty held onto him and phased him so that he couldnt move. She didnt pass through him and paralyze him. She actively held him in place and he was conscious the entire time. Jean physically restrains him with her TK when Kitty lets go so that Kurt can put restraints on him. Its not the same thing thats done in the Wolverine issue

  3. #198
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What is this BS? I know she can short circuit electronics but does she ever use her powers to knock people out besides this? Claremont was on one with his description. If her powers actually worked like this on a regular basis, she'd be OP as hell
    Isn't this what Kitty from Earth-597 (the nazi reality) could do, disrupt biological systems rather than electronic ones? Maybe 616 Kitty learned it from seeing her do it, but it's difficult for her so she doesn't do it often. Of course, Claremont often gave characters plot convenient power boosts, so this is mostly fanwank.

  4. #199
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just read Exc 71 and thats not what I got from that. Kitty held onto him and phased him so that he couldnt move. She didnt pass through him and paralyze him. She actively held him in place and he was conscious the entire time. Jean physically restrains him with her TK when Kitty lets go so that Kurt can put restraints on him. Its not the same thing thats done in the Wolverine issue
    Looking back, my wording wasn't clear so sorry about that. I was say that it's the same in that the method is 'disrupting the nervous system' but also that the effects of said disruption are not always the same. So one time she may cause someone to be temporarily be paralyzed, another time, she knocks them out. I was also trying to convey that she doesn't need to move through a person to disrupt the nervous signals, but can do it with a touch.
    I was pointing out that Kitty has shown more of her power than just becoming intangible. Also noted her in #71 is something I've forgotten. They have Kitty phase Collosus just enough that his armored skin is malleable but not intangible.

    Another interesting note= In Kitty's argument with Xavier, she notes she is not a minor anymore. This was before Warren Ellis' work. The write is Scott Lobdell. I had actually forgotten that Lobdell wrote Excalibur in-between Davis (exited #67) & Ellis (began with #83).


    EDIT- I slept on this and remember two other events in Excalibur that show Kitty's phase power interacting with another's nervous system. Both happened before #71. But only one is really similar to events in Wolverine - where she shorts out the bioelectricity of another being.
    That is in Excalibur #20 (1990), where they encounter the Kree Eternal known as Demon Druid (well back then that is all he was known as, as it was only 2nd appearance of him, first was in Thor vol1 209-210 in 1973)

    In Excalibur #20, Demon Druid appears and entraps Meggan and two tourists. Kitty phases an arm through his chest in hopes her phasing power would reverse whatever he's done to Meggan. Instead she seems to merge with him, causing a shock to BOTH of their nervous systems. More importantly, their minds connect and some info is shared between them (such as names and jus what he was up to - trying to get home) and leaving a psychic connection that they later can use to communicate between each other. The aftermath of that event has a shoosh of energy that he dissipears in and Kitty has an urge to build a machine that will use Widget to help him leave Earth.

    A totally unique experience of her phase powers merging with others happens in a story arc (excalibur #47-50) when Excailbur fight against Necrom and learn they were manipulated by Roma into forming a team, continuaing a work that was started by her father. Turns out it was to stop a convergence of realities and fight Necrom.
    It'll be easier to quote a portion of #50's summary =
    ~"Back inside the lighthouse, Kitty is still unable to phase outside. As Excalibur examine the wall, Meggan switches into her true form, where she can see life energy arcing off the walls and into Brian. Kurt asks Rachel to link their minds, but the interference from the convergence is giving her a migraine. Alistaire suggests that Kitty, Kurt and Rachel phase directly together to see what Meggan sees. As they phase into one another, they find that they merge into one being. Kurt, speaking through Meggan, realises that Merlyn and Roma manipulated them together so that they could form one being, with sufficient power to stop the convergence. As they merge, their minds linked, Excalibur intuitively know how to stop the convergence."~
    Last edited by Trina; 08-05-2020 at 04:57 AM. Reason: remembered more info

  5. #200
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Well Marauders #11 is out... I want to rave about something abut afraid it would be a spoiler and for some reason I can't get spoiler tags to work...
    Last edited by Trina; 08-13-2020 at 05:17 PM.

  6. #201
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    yes to curly hair and yes to Kurt moments! you get a car and you get a car...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Wooo! YUS! Give us that wavy mega curl from yesteryear Marvel!! I need MEGA BOOSH for Captain Kate.
    I totally agree!

  7. #202
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,702

    Default

    I think everyone's read Marauders by now.

  8. #203
    Incredible Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Unless Emma has started dying her eyebrows -- I noticed that the artist is unaware that Emma Frost is not a natural blonde.

  9. #204
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Unless Emma has started dying her eyebrows -- I noticed that the artist is unaware that Emma Frost is not a natural blonde.
    Tbh thats a tidbit that artist don't really care about. Much like Psylockes hair.

  10. #205
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    curls!! super cute dude : )
    Speaking of CURLS...
    (and a discussion about Kate’s new cover...)
    https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...-marauders-12/

  11. #206
    Amazing Member borkbork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Speaking of CURLS...
    (and a discussion about Kate’s new cover...)
    https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...-marauders-12/
    I can't wait!

  12. #207
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,477

    Default

    After reading that interview...I have to ask...how devout a Jew is Kate?
    Do many of you readers and fans see her as so devout that she would not do anything as taboo as wear tattoos?

    Personally, I've never seen her that strict hen it comes to her Faith. Yes it's a defining and important piece to her character but I don't necessarily see her so religious as to follow all the rules and tenets "religiously".
    I'm sure there are "rebellious" Jews who have tattoos.

    And is it necessary for Kate/Duggan to "address" the tattoos and their placement?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-02-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  13. #208
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,477

    Default

    Kate is looking FABULUSH!!! in the prev-pages. Love the hair. Love the dress.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  14. #209
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,773

    Default

    I think Kate is Jewish like Kurt is Catholic. I mean, do you think Kurt doesn't have pre-marital relationships or something? Well Kate the same.

  15. #210
    Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think Kate is Jewish like Kurt is Catholic. I mean, do you think Kurt doesn't have pre-marital relationships or something? Well Kate the same.
    Well, is a little different. Jewish people does not tattooed because what means mark their own skin for them. Is more deep than have pre marital relationships for catholic people.
    I would like to see an explanation or development of the tattoos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •