Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

you know what...I cant actually remember lmaoo. I feel like she was at some of the early few but since then she's been out on business or dead

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    you know what...I cant actually remember lmaoo. I feel like she was at some of the early few but since then she's been out on business or dead
    To my knowledge, she;s never been at one which is why people assumed she doesnt have access to Krakoa. Whats odd is that she's never even appeared telepathically. Her absence at the QC meetings has never been addressed as far as I know, nor has Emma spoken on her behalf. Its weird

she's definitely been the most absent, I think Shaw even commented on it as a slight ploy to get he replaced. slimeball.
    for some reason I have an image of her at a meeting....I'm sure she was at one. I'll have to look back thru early DoX/late HoX issues

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Shinobi can use the gates despite having the same powers.
    Shinobi Shaw can alter his body's density from diamond-hard to intangible Kitty can't do that... Yet!

One of Vision's powers. Yeah, Ultimate Kitty could do that, but not 616.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One of Vision's powers. Yeah, Ultimate Kitty could do that, but not 616.
    There was actually an issue of X-Men Gold where she dropped from the air so hard she cracked the concert.

I remember saying something but it got lost in other subject matters.

RCO006.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-26-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fantastic Member

My theory here, given the latest Marauders (tl;dr it's the 'kitty can find Moira one):

Mystique has repeatedly been asking/demanding Destiny be brought back, to which Charles and Erik are denying/delaying her because of Moira's insistence that no precogs be allowed on Krakoa for fear of them learning of what happens if Moira dies (and of Moira's importance to their present reality, in general).

Now the five 'can't' bring back Kate, for unknown causes, but they're trying because Kitty Pryde a.) recently died, b.) is a much more prominent figurehead and heavily cared for by everyone, and they've been fast-tracking all the mutant deaths related to Krakoan work (and while betrayed by Shaw, it was still official business she was on). Note that this is separate from Charles being unable to: Charles is the one keeping backups of every mutant's mind, and he's been able to pinpoint mutants vs non for literally decades. If she wasn't a mutant, it'd be as simple as saying 'sorry, she actually wasn't a mutant, I can't, I kept it a secret to respect her wishes'. But that isn't what's being said. There's no real clear evidence that the five can only bring back mutants (after all, they're literally growing people entirely new bodies and aging them at an accelerated rate, there's nothing about the process that seems to hinge on there being an X-gene), and there's a new revelation that while Kitty can and has been to Krakoa, she explicitly can't phase through certain parts of it.

Occam's Razor: There isn't another unknown, the reasons for her abnormality have been shown (because really, how complex have the plot twists been for Marvel for the past ten years?). Moira is conspiring with Charles and Erik to keep Kitty away from Krakoa and now dead to ensure Moira's secret existence can't be discovered because they're afraid it all will fall apart once people know the truth. Same as with Destiny, but for different (and more empirical) reasons: Kitty is one of the few people that could find and hurt Moira if she felt like it (or was, say, mind controlled in order to do so). She is a risk to the timeline they aren't willing to bring back now that she's off the table.

No odd neo-plot pull (when they've been ignoring previous canon of Kitty's the entire time, from a lack of excalibur members in excalibur to a lack of pirate-friends on Kitty's Pirate ship, just to name a few), just the same metaplot applied to her differently because it's physical, not mental, like all the precogs.

There are some questions 'why not X' but that applies if it's true or false: If it's true Kitty is a Neo, why has Xavier said nothing of it and is actively utilizing the five to ressurect someone he wouldn't have a backup for anyway when they're ~1 million dead or depowered mutants deep at a minimum and there's something like a 5-10 year long backlog of people to revive? It wouldn't make any sense.

As for why Shaw was revived and she isn't: Unknown, though thus far Shaw hasn't even been shown using his powers. Shaw not being part of any of the alternate timelines (that I can recall) while Kitty was (in the form of her DNA being one of the few Chimeras known, and also to have survived, for some time) might be part of it; similarly, Kitty's phasing disrupting technology might be involved. There's a good bet that there's tech contained in the No-Place that Moira has taken with her from alternate timelines and putting to use for any number of reasons, of which Kitty can shut down but Shaw couldn't, theoretically. It's also possible that her phasing, tech disruption aside, might just be of a higher caliber than Shaw's (usually holds true, since phasing is her only feat, vs his being density increase/decrease), referencing back to the powerlevel scale of mutations shown in HoX/PoX, wherein Kitty's is powerful enough to get through the blockades, but Shaw's never would be. Kitty has been proven to go through things like Adamantium and Breakworld's metal before, and you know, the whole bullet through the planet thing.

Just a theory, but it seems likely, and it's been my belief kind'a from the start. There's obviously a reason why the entire universe hinged on Moira in HoX/PoX, and the entire Krakoan mutant country exists based on her work with Charles and Erik, and then suddenly she's never shown or mentioned again.. while Kitty's the big outlier that's a constant, unanswered question. Moira is the only logical answer that I can see, because let's be real, they don't really care about Kitty's past. They never once referenced her entire pirate-themed story to Illyana the entire time she's been headlining the Marauders book (much less the pirate characters that were apart of it, ala Kurt and Piotr). They're using her for her powers and personality, not for her character history or attachments (see: how she's suddenly BFF's with Emma after only a terse respect that'd been gotten over the span of 10+ years and multiple deaths and sacrifices and exchanges of leadership from both of them). The leap doesn't really hold; neither does the anomaly beyond the obvious.

I posted it in the Maraurders thread but might as well bring it here. Kitty likely cant use the gates or phase anywhere she wants to on Krakoa bc her powers make her toxic to it. In Excalibur, when she phased through Douglock, she caused him to shut down

We saw in Powers of X, that Doug infected Krakoa with the techno organic virus and with Krakoa now infected, she could do damage to it if allowed to phase wherever, so I think it rejects her. She can stay on land but when it comes to using the gates and going through the island, she is prevented

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    she's definitely been the most absent, I think Shaw even commented on it as a slight ploy to get he replaced. slimeball.
    for some reason I have an image of her at a meeting....I'm sure she was at one. I'll have to look back thru early DoX/late HoX issues
    She never attended a QC meeting but she did attend the Hellfire meeting with TPoS and Emma and Shinobi...where TPos played them all and set Kate up.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

TPoS ? ???

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That Piece of ****.
    I refuse to call the race-traitor by his given name.

He's number one on my Most Hated Villains list come end of year X-Poll.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-01-2020 at 07:30 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That Piece of ****.
    lolll I love it

Just reposting what I said in the Marauders topic:

I still don't understand why she can't be brought back; even if her power disrupts Krakoa, the Egg is made by Fabio's power. The process may occur in Krakoa, but it isn't actually Krakoa dependent. If it can't happen in that environment, get The Five in some kind of telekinetic bubble/building/chamber/whatever outside the island and have the process happen there. Even if she isn't a mutant, they have her DNA and Xavier has her data. Am I missing something about the resurrection protocols?

If the problem is Krakoa, they could just go to any place not Krakoa related and revive her there. It might be risky taking the Five out of the Island, but they have a lot of powerful mutants and are definitely able to secure a proper place to have the resurrection happen.

BANNED

At this point they should just make her a chimera husk and see where that goes. It's surprising nobody knocked at Bar Sinister to have Essex check if there's nothing abnormal with her DNA sample. We know she can be used as the base for a chimera based on Life 9, so they should at least give it a try.