Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think Kate is Jewish like Kurt is Catholic. I mean, do you think Kurt doesn't have pre-marital relationships or something? Well Kate the same.
    That's my take on her character as well. It was so interesting reading such a dogmatic stance with the tattoos issue.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

What did everyone think of the newest issue?

BANNED

I liked it. Esp. most of it being a "Welcome back"

SO here for it. Imo Kitty's character had felt like a dead horse beaten one too many times, especially in recent years. I was genuinely disinterested almost every time she made an appearance which is sad because I loved what she brought to the team back in the day. This issue is the first time in a long time that she literally feels like a breath of fresh air and the modern stories that this "new phase" opens up for her are limitless. Shocked, but in the best way. Stoked to see where our Red Queen goes next. BEYOND stoked to see Shaw taste the heel of her boot. Let's GO.

Extraordinary Member

If you had told me thirty years go Kitty would die and be resurrected with Emma Frost welcoming her on a “Butterum” type horse, while being “thankful” to her tattoo artist, Well.......I would have said “What crack are you smoking????”

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    If you had told me thirty years go Kitty would die and be resurrected with Emma Frost welcoming her on a “Butterum” type horse, while being “thankful” to her tattoo artist, Well.......I would have said “What crack are you smoking????”
    My answer: The refined, expensive grade.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Gasp! Kate's wearing her Star of David pendant while simultaneously getting tattoos and kissing another woman...SACRILEGE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Gasp! Kate's wearing her Star of David pendant while simultaneously getting tattoos and kissing another woman...SACRILEGE!!!
    I see this criticism a lot, and I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but: people do realize that Orthodox Judaism isn't the only kind of Judaism out there, right?

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    I see this criticism a lot, and I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but: people do realize that Orthodox Judaism isn't the only kind of Judaism out there, right?
    Yeah, I am getting a bit tired of this! There are a very large number of Reformation Jews in the United States! I don't think Kitty was ever portrayed as Orthodox Jewish!

https://reformjudaism.org/building-bridges
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As a queer Jew with tattoos, I feel seen and I'm about it.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Extraordinary Member

Storm: “How do I know it’s you!”
    Kate: “Remember when I was a stupid little girl and I got scared when you got all sapphic with your alternate queer lifestyle and look. I’m older and wiser now and ready to do the same.”
    Storm: “My sister has returned!”

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    I'm being 100% sarcastic.
    In response to an answer I read in an article pertaining to this very same issue and cover featuring Kate's tattoos.

Kate's hair is no longer straight and neither is she. Great symbolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Storm: “How do I know it’s you!”
    Kate: “Remember when I was a stupid little girl and I got scared when you got all sapphic with your alternate queer lifestyle and look. I’m older and wiser now and ready to do the same.”
    Storm: “My sister has returned!”
    I loved their interaction in this issue! The parallel between Storm’s journey of self-discovery and Kate’s journey was on point.