Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and did you not read any of the Bendis issues during that era? She went to the school for the O5, not Cyclops. There was tension between them. Can you even come up with any examples of them being portrayed as being close friends?
    wow calm down . Yes i read it.

Kitty was very pissed at Cyke cause behavior with Jeen. but i feel that she didnt hate him. she was mad at his methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bendis portrayed Kitty as anti-Cyclops at the beginning of his run. Her accompanying them to NXS due to how the JGS X-Team treated them during Battle of the Atom was pretty much a plot twist.
    I think Kitty's hatred of Scott came from WatXM. Aaron hated Scott, but Bendis was clearly pro Cyclops (yes, the X-Men were still hypocritical in ANXM but there were always those times when their hypocrisy was criticized). Oddly enough, when she left JGS for good and was mostly owned by Bendis, Kitty's hatred subsided, she treated Scott and the others with more understanding (except with this moment with Jeen which I don't understand because Scott only spoke to Jeen like a respectable mentor would, and immediately made him realize that a romance between the two was just unthinkable but Kitty was written and drawn like she was blaming Scott for wanting to hit on Jeen. (and I believe Bendis has been criticized for this))

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I think Kitty's hatred of Scott came from WatXM. Aaron hated Scott, but Bendis was clearly pro Cyclops (yes, the X-Men were still hypocritical in ANXM but there were always those times when their hypocrisy was criticized). Oddly enough, when she left JGS for good and was mostly owned by Bendis, Kitty's hatred subsided, she treated Scott and the others with more understanding (except with this moment with Jeen which I don't understand because Scott only spoke to Jeen like a respectable mentor would, and immediately made him realize that a romance between the two was just unthinkable but Kitty was written and drawn like she was blaming Scott for wanting to hit on Jeen. (and I believe Bendis has been criticized for this))
    Yeah she definitely seemed a bit extra in that scene, but at the end of the day i think she was being a good teacher and mentor by putting her foot down and ensuring that nothing happens.

Maybe if someone had done the same between her and Piotr, then she wouldn’t have been stuck in that loop for so many years.

It's quite ironic and sad that Kitty was resurrected "just in time" to see four of her best friends engage in a deadly tournament

All-New Member

Been reading some back issues. Today it was Uncanny X-Men #202. I had totally forgotten an aspect of her power shown here.

While facing off against a Sentinel, Shadowcat saved Colossus and phased him underground. When he reappears he does not 'dig up' the ground, instead he emerges from solid ground as Shadowcat does. It should be noted when he appears, Shadow is nowhere to be seen, we do not see a hand sticking out of the ground to show her extending her power to him. Then he grabs a lightpost, using his strenght to rip it out of the ground, swinging it at the Sentinel and then... he phases it through the robot's torso just as Shadowcat can do! Then we see her emerging from Colossus' chest.

She basically phase-merged with him and while inside him, then extended her powers to allow him to phase. It made me think of a low-level possession (since he was still in control of his body)

Uncanny X-Men 202.jpg
    Last edited by Trina; 10-24-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I do miss when characters were given moments in-story to further explore, expand and develop their powers. It's almost never done now.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Turns out Kates actor in the movies is a trans man!
    https://t.co/sMLQuDDlsk?amp=1

Astonishing Member

Yep, Elliot Page was previously known as Ellen Page.

BANNED

Now all that left is to have Kitty (within the pages) announce to the Quite Counsel that he is transgender and all will be right in the world.
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-01-2020 at 08:06 PM.

John Byrne, Chris Claremont and Terry Austin's X-Men made first place on CBR's list of Top Comic Runs.

https://www.cbr.com/top-comic-book-runs-2-1/