Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

What if Rasputin *is* Kate? I know it’s a different timeline, but what if they use Unus, Quire, Colossus and x-23 dna to rebuild Kate? It would explain the Soulsword.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I absolutely LOVE that we have no clue as to how or why Kate can't be resurrected. This unpredictability throughout DoX so far is...AWESOME!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Awesome! One of my favorite comic book storylines from the last decade. Thanks, juan678.

Was Kitty killed and restored to a new body by an alien after the whole Bullet incident?

Maybe that new body is why? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Was Kitty killed and restored to a new body by an alien after the whole Bullet incident?

Maybe that new body is why? Just a thought.
    No, bc Kitty was never killed in that incident. Even if she was, that shouldnt matter as the Five create a clone from her mutant DNA

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    At this point they should just make her a chimera husk and see where that goes. It's surprising nobody knocked at Bar Sinister to have Essex check if there's nothing abnormal with her DNA sample. We know she can be used as the base for a chimera based on Life 9, so they should at least give it a try.
    They probably don't need to. Moira most likely has knowledge of Sinister's work from a past life when it comes to the Chimeras--same with Kitty. She was used as one of the bases of a chimera, and therefore is for-sure a mutant.. or at least, has a mutation, because only mutant DNA worked for them. Moira should know of any issues Kate or really almost anyone would have with being revived based on past lives, which is again why I think it's just a ruse acting like they don't know why she can't be brought back.. though it's possible Xavier really doesn't know because Moira didn't tell even him, and is keeping everyone in the dark. It's kind of a toss-up how much info Moira has and hasn't shared with Xavier and Charles concerning the potential futures.

I don't see them trying to make chimera's without the living and/or base mutants' consent, though. Seems like a huge injustice to the very population they're trying to gather together and have reproducing.

Astonishing Member

As most of you have heard about Warren Ellis, Im curious on what you might think going forward of Kitty past relationship with Pete Wisdom in Warren's Excalibur run. how the relationship was controversial for obvious reasons and the reasoning that it ages Kitty up. Claremont was totally against that relationship. and well I can understand why this past relationship after the recent news of Ellis will be looked in a even more negative light. I even seen people on twitter saying that Pete Wisdom was a self-insert character. not sure. sorry to bring up a sensitive subject, if this is too soon or bad timing. i'm be happy to edit this pot out and replace it with something more light-hearted regarding to Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    As most of you have heard about Warren Ellis, Im curious on what you might think going forward of Kitty past relationship with Pete Wisdom in Warren's Excalibur run. how the relationship was controversial for obvious reasons and the reasoning that it ages Kitty up. Claremont was totally against that relationship. and well I can understand why this past relationship after the recent news of Ellis will be looked in a even more negative light. I even seen people on twitter saying that Pete Wisdom was a self-insert character. not sure. sorry to bring up a sensitive subject, if this is too soon or bad timing. i'm be happy to edit this pot out and replace it with something more light-hearted regarding to Kitty
    I remember Pete Wisdom was called a self-insert character even back then so it suddenly makes sense with all the recent allegations coming to light.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

To be fair, Kitty dating older guys was nothing new... hello, Piotr. Pete Wisdom is as much a stand-in for Ellis as Jenny Sparks or Spider Jerusalem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    To be fair, Kitty dating older guys was nothing new... hello, Piotr. Pete Wisdom is as much a stand-in for Ellis as Jenny Sparks or Spider Jerusalem.
    Who was Jenny Sparks/Quantum in a LGBT relationship with?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Who was Jenny Sparks/Quantum in a LGBT relationship with?
    Jenny slept with the Engineer. Although I think that happened in the Millar mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    It does put their relationship in a new light, if it was already uncomfortable for some people before, well, now it really will be looked in a very negative light. I am not a fan of Ellis X-Work at all, he pretty much screwed over 3 of my favorite characters (Colossus, Forge, Synch) in his runs, but this is bigger than that. There are real life victims here, and Ellis has pretty much admitted to his behavior in his response. I say his career in comics is pretty much over, and probably in other mediums as well. No way Netflix continues their association after this, and whatever protects he had in the pipeline will probably be cancelled as well. As it concern his X-work, I can see Marvel wanting to distance themselves from it, so is very possible that that's it for Wisdom, as it was well known that he was a Warren self insert and his relationship with Kitty will be scrutinized now, and the parallels with grooming by an older man are there. I can see Marvel not wanting to a knowledge his runs anymore as well, so I can see them not reprinting again his Excalibur, Counter-X, and Astonishing X-Men runs again (not a problem with me, as I feel Warren was incredibly disrespectful to those characters).
    Last edited by Technopriest; 06-21-2020 at 05:47 PM.

I am going to mention something that I am sure others have mentioned, but Kitty never gave up her Black Vortex modification did she?

I wonder if that is the problem, she never reversed the change that the Black Vortex did to her and is now something more than mutant or human, something that is somewhat cosmic in nature! If that is the case the reason she may not be able to be resurrected is because her genetic profile may be older and predates the black vortex, and may not be able to recreate the cosmic energy inside her!

I think there may also be a good chance that Kate being a bit more than mutant or human may play in how she comes back, like maybe she isn't exactly dead and can reconstruct herself from base matter!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Her powers burnt out in the eight month timeskip, like Gamora’s did soon after.

X-writers don’t read other books though so Angel’s ugly ass upgrade was permanent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Jenny slept with the Engineer. Although I think that happened in the Millar mini.
    I know Apollo and Midnighter were a couple and eventually got married -- But, Jenny Sparks/Quantum and the Engineer? I'm getting old and my memory isn't what it use to be -- but, vow to reread all 4 volumes including the extras (since I have them) to find that.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-20-2020 at 08:52 PM.