Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Who would people consider her best male friend? As a teen, that would definitely be Cypher but I think in modern times, its without a doubt, Iceman which seems odd to say considering they had nothing to do with each other for like the first 30 years of her existence but their bond is established and solid

Kurt!

You know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Kurt!

You know this.
    Maybe during Excalibur but modern Kitty since the WATX era has been written as closer to Bobby. Dating and him coming out as helped with that but they seem to connect and talk on a more personal level that we dont get to see between many characters anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe during Excalibur but modern Kitty since the WATX era has been written as closer to Bobby. Dating and him coming out as helped with that but they seem to connect and talk on a more personal level that we dont get to see between many characters anymore.
    Idk the way Duggan writes her and Kurt's relationship I'd say he definitely her best male friend with Bobby probably coming in at a close second.

Personally, I really want Kitty to finally spend time with Doug rather than Bobby (who I prefer to see spending time with Rogue or Warren)

Is not Bobby. their are very good friends but the dating thing gives another spectrum specially after Jeen outing him. (Horrible thing young lady, just horrible)

I say Logan/Kurt then Doug/Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Is not Bobby. their are very good friends but the dating thing gives another spectrum specially after Jeen outing him. (Horrible thing young lady, just horrible)

I say Logan/Kurt then Doug/Cyclops
    She hasnt had an on panel interaction with Doug since the mid 80s and she doesnt partiularly like Cyclops.

She really should start interacting with Doug again. Their friendship has not been rekindled once since Doug was resurrected during Necrosha (I believe it was around this time that he came back to life). We know from the first issue of Marauders that he's investigating why Kitty can't get through the gates, but I want to know more. I really liked their friendship in the 80s, it was refreshing

But I never liked the friendship between Kitty and Bobby. They didn't have any important interactions before Aaron wanted them as a couple. And since their breakup, I feel like the writers force the characters to be best friends, at the expense of the friendships Kitty and Bobby have always had with other characters

She hasnt had an on panel interaction with Doug since the mid 80s and she doesnt partiularly like Cyclops.
    That's why she went to "New Xavier School" ? in the Bendis era

and did you not read any of the Bendis issues during that era? She went to the school for the O5, not Cyclops. There was tension between them. Can you even come up with any examples of them being portrayed as being close friends?
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-11-2020 at 07:56 AM.

She left JGS because she was pissed off by their behavior towards her. I didn't feel like she was especially cold towards Scott when she was at NXS

But I wouldn't call them friends. Kitty was unfortunately one of the characters made hypocritical and hateful by many of the writers so there wasn't much of a chance her relationship with Scott would improve, but even before that they were never really close

and did you not read any of the Bendis issues during that era? She went to the school for the O5, not Cyclops. There was tension between them. Can you even come up with any examples of them being portrayed as being close friends?
    Not necessarily. She originally hadn’t even factored the O5 into her decision to go to the NXS. The O5 going was purely incidental with the opportunity having been opened up by her going since they didn’t want to remain at the JGS after them trying to send them back.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not necessarily. She originally hadn’t even factored the O5 into her decision to go to the NXS. The O5 going was purely incidental with the opportunity having been opened up by her going since they didn’t want to remain at the JGS after them trying to send them back.
    Bendis portrayed Kitty as anti-Cyclops at the beginning of his run. Her accompanying them to NXS due to how the JGS X-Team treated them during Battle of the Atom was pretty much a plot twist.
    "Cable was right!"

I do want her and Doug to start interacting more again.