Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Couple of Kate questions:

In the Dawn of X Era: Do I understand that on the Isle of Krakoa, mutants go by their codenames as their Mutant Names while in residence as part of the culture? What do they call Kitty when she does manage to make it to visit? Red Queen?

In the Age of X: Kitty Pryde's counterpart was called "Shadow" (a name which I kinda dig). Did we ever get a clear look at Shadow? I only remember a distant view of her in one issue.
    They've been fairly inconsistent about the whole mutant name thing. In House of X it was implied that the x-men where abandoning their human names, but Jean has referred to Wolverine as Logan several times while on Krakoa and Emma's rarely called the white queen. I think red queen is more of a formal title than a name.

And as for Age of X, is this the version of Kate you’re talking about?
    NMvol3_23.jpg
    Last edited by Dipter; 05-12-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    And as for Age of X, is this the version of Kate you’re talking about?
    NMvol3_23.jpg
    Yep. THANKS. I wondered if Pryde was given a nifty makeover by Clay Mann etc as the others had received for Age of X in addition to the name "Shadow". Looks like just a black bodysuit.

BANNED

I just learned Shaw Killed Kitty... Does Logan and Ororo know she's dead yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I just learned Shaw Killed Kitty... Does Logan and Ororo know she's dead yet?
    Ororo does know she's dead, but they don't know that Shaw killed her yet. I assume Logan knows she's dead too since she was put in the Resurrection pipeline.

there was a really cool visual moment in the last issue of Wolverine where zombie Kitty swims up to Logan and grabs his leg . I can't remember the context at all lol but he knows enough to be like haunted by her death . I'll try to find a scan
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-21-2020 at 07:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    there was a really cool visual moment in the last issue of Wolverine where zombie Kitty swims up to Logan and grabs his leg . I can't remember the context at all lol but he knows enough to be like haunted by her death . I'll try to find a scan
    I think that scene wasn't related to her death because everyone on the ship except for Bishop was dead iirc

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.53.27 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.56.08 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.54.41 AM.jpg

lol it wasn't even Logan it was Bishop..I'm way off my game. Still a cool splash at least

you're probably right that it had nothing to do w/ her death , maybe if she had the red cape it would make more sense but it'd still be spitting on continuity lol. I took the excessive decay as her having been down there a minute and ran with it

One of the earliest sequences of Kitty Pryde that caught my eye...the Ninja sky dancing and transformation into Shadowcat from the KITTY PRYDE & WOLVERINE miniseries. The maturation of the ingenue character into something more... PLUS NINJA-ness!

1BBCC67F-7B44-4BBF-949C-E1B53D9B0196.jpg
    4DDAEFD3-DB19-4200-947E-F8B168117256.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    They've been fairly inconsistent about the whole mutant name thing. In House of X it was implied that the x-men where abandoning their human names, but Jean has referred to Wolverine as Logan several times while on Krakoa and Emma's rarely called the white queen. I think red queen is more of a formal title than a name.
    Yeah, Red Queen is a Hellfire ranking. That's also why Emma is rarely called White Queen. Both really don't have a codename (though Kitty could call herself Shadowcat).

Logan isn't really Wolverine's name, his real name is James Howlett. And even that name hasn't been completely abandoned. Jean Grey often uses her human name too, instead of Marvel Girl. Neither Jubilee nor Bishop are really codenames at all either, Jubilee is a nickname derived from her real name Jubilation Lee, and Bishop is Lucas's surname. And I'm sure the pink haired psychic is usually called Quire (Quentin's last name) by Logan, rather than Kid Omega.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Ororo does know she's dead, but they don't know that Shaw killed her yet. I assume Logan knows she's dead too since she was put in the Resurrection pipeline.
    Now, that interesting. Since Kitty wasn't capable of using the gates (which I suspect is due to her phasing ability and the yet to be revealed secret which bars precogs) has she ever stepped foot on Krakoa via boat?
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-24-2020 at 04:08 PM.

yeah we've seen her at meetings with the HFC and the quiet council, and in X-Men/FF she was strolling around the island. She cant use the portals but Krakoa itself doesn't seem to be openly hostile towards her

Also, we already know precogs aren't allowed because they'll dish on Moira's ultimate goals similar to how Destiny did. Granted we dont technically know the full extent of Moira's agenda ourselves but I think its safe to assume Kate cant use the portals or be resurrected for another reason

BANNED

yeah we've seen her at meetings with the HFC and the quiet council, and in X-Men/FF she was strolling around the island. She cant use the portals but Krakoa itself doesn't seem to be openly hostile towards her

Also, we already know precogs aren't allowed because they'll dish on Moira's ultimate goals similar to how Destiny did. Granted we dont technically know the full extent of Moira's agenda ourselves but I think its safe to assume Kate cant use the portals or be resurrected for another reason
    Which is why I thought Kitty's phasing abilities might allow her to stumble upon Moria's "ultimate goals" thus her inability to use the gates. But, then again as you said -- Krakoa itself doesn't seem to be openly hostile towards her.

BANNED

Shinobi can use the gates despite having the same powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Which is why I thought Kitty's phasing abilities might allow her to stumble upon Moria's "ultimate goals" thus her inability to use the gates. But, then again as you said -- Krakoa itself doesn't seem to be openly hostile towards her.
    ohh my bad I see what you meant !

When has kitty attended a QC meeting?