Page 51 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Is Bizarro, is the same tanktop he's wearing in the preview of issue #44

Going further with my speculation, I'd say that girl is sort of a merge between Essence and Isabel, with Isabel's personality clearly in charge.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Is Bizarro, is the same tanktop he's wearing in the preview of issue #44

Going further with my speculation, I'd say that girl is sort of a merge between Essence and Isabel, with Isabel's personality clearly in charge.
    It's not completely impossible - but Isabel would still have to change clothes first. Those are neither Isabel's nor Essence' clothes.

----

I think I simultaneously hate and like General Grandpa.
    He reminds me a little bit of Aka Inu from One Piece.
    Let's just hope that Jason doesn't end up like Portgas D. Ace.

Their clothes merging would part of the package.

Their clothes merging would part of the package.
    Not liking the idea. It doesn't make sense :/.
    I mean, it could be her. Or, it wouldn't be rare either if it were some artwork inconsistency.

Is magic, it doesn't have to make sense. For a clearer example, think of the way fusions work on Dragon Ball (specifically Potara).

Is magic, it doesn't have to make sense. For a clearer example, think of the way fusions work on Dragon Ball (specifically Potara).
    It still doesn't make sense. I think it only works because as kids we suspend any disbelief and roll with it. Same for invisible clothimg and stuff. But here most of the readers are older teens or young adults, and besides, there's no precedent in the story for a fusion to work like that.

I mean, it can be that, but if it is, I'm not going to like it. But just me.

I wouldn't call it "fusion". Essence is more of a parasite - similar to the Untitled who take over the body of a normal person and transform it.
    But instead of killing the host, Essence has some symbiotic elements. Isabel is still "there" - but she's not in control.
    Well, not at first. If this is really Isabel in the panel, maybe she's found a way to fight back.

-----

Well, good thing RH:O #44 is coming out this week: Diamond Comic Distributors No Longer Taking In New Comics

I've found a Robin poll on Instagram. Nothing big. People eliminate each round the Robin that they like the least.
    Carrie and Stephanie are already out - so it's just the four main Robins. And here comes the big surprise. I thought Jason would go next. But so far there are only Damian and Tim comments.
    I'm glad that I neither like Tim nor Damian - but even as an outsider, this feud between Damian Wayne fans and Tim Drake fans is annoying.
    The "community" here also seems to be in a bad mood today.
    But comic community being toxic and hateful towards each other is nothing new. *sigh*

Can we just pretend that RH:O takes place in a different universe where the rest of the batfamily doesn't exist?
    I'm just so tired of some discussions, stans/fan bias, hypocrisy and straight out lies.

JJMK is like medicine for my wounded soul

JJMK

"Roy"

And I also love

fishtre

Well, there are actually a lot of fan artists that I like. And I regularly find new ones that I enjoy. Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram are great sources. Although Instagram can be tricky sometimes because a lot of people post stuff without credit.

Beautiful pictures.

Cher up, @Sergard! At least here we can always chill and discuss stuff at ease.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So continuing where I left off, would Jason bother filling in for Dick as Nightwing? My impression was as written he did it for kicks that has nothing to do with his goal in UTRH

No, wait, more important question, would he have forgiven Bruce for slitting his throat when he wanted him to kill Joker? How did he take that?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So continuing where I left off, would Jason bother filling in for Dick as Nightwing? My impression was as written he did it for kicks that has nothing to do with his goal in UTRH

No, wait, more important question, would he have forgiven Bruce for slitting his throat when he wanted him to kill Joker? How did he take that?
    So, that awful story in Nightwing that had Dick being er, not very brotherly, and Jason being kinda murderous and violent and ending with some fancy tentacles.. Brothers in Blood? As far as I know, was originally meant to be a story about Jason filling in the Nightwing costume and name after Dick gave up on it.
    I think he would be open to fill in, as long as there were no better candidate. Which Tim or Damian would be, by far, and more willed to do so at this point.

In my opinion, Jason is forgiving to some degree. He doesn't forget, he can hold grunges hard; but he can forgive tough stuff. To certain degree at least. And he loves Bruce, even if he doesn't trust him anymore. I think he would forgive him, if that were in the current continuity; but he would also remind him what he did without remorse, to deliver his point, as he usually does. /Edit: using it as some kind of emotional ammunition if needed./ That's something Lobdell got perfectly right from Judd Winick's take, I think.

Edit: I love how my computer randomly decides to uppercase letters and put commas here and there, no matter what I actually type.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-23-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Yeah, comic ending to UTRH always bugged me. Animated one was better (Bruce threw a Batarang into the gun's barrel, making at worse, a hand wound, but Jason wore heavy gloves). I can understand pre-Flashpoint Jason being even more pissed off at Bruce (not to mention saving Joker while slitting his son's throat during that), and thus being very antagonistic towards him.

Post-flashpoint, we know some version of UTRH happened, but little details like that are left out. Possibly the animated movie version.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah attacking the gun or hand makes more sense. It's really hard to aim for the neck when the neck is behind Joker's head

Tell me about this one

"Jason appears once more in several issues of Green Arrow alongside Brick as part of a gun-running organization, which brings Batman to Star City.
    Jason's true motives are shown in the third part as he kidnaps Mia Dearden (Speedy) in an effort to convert her to his side, feeling that they are kindred spirits, cast down by society and at odds with their mentors.
    The two fight while conversing but when Jason is unsuccessful in his bid to turn Mia, he settles for blowing up her high school. Mia is deeply troubled by what transpired between her and Jason but ultimately decides to stick with Green Arrow."

Doesn't sound good