Page 89 of 200 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2987

this is my first red hood series that i follow i enjoy it alot hopefully the team stays the same.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Oh, wait, I read it wrong. He's not taking any more freelance work period. I need to really stop and read slowly more often, and upsize my text font in my desktop browser.

Double posting, because I've finally read Gotham Nights 11.

It was a very nice read. I liked the first story more than the second one though. I think I like both what Orlando wanted to tell, how he told it, and his voice for Jason. Liked the art a lot too, both colours and pencils. I wouldn't mind more from this team in the future.
    The second story was OK. It was a bit on the side of the simplified style of characterization for both Dick and Jason, and even if the story was probably more the kind of murder-mystery that I definitely enjoy, I wasn't really satisfied by how it was laid (I'm a bit spoiled for these kind of stories I guess). Art was more like what you usually find in these comics, it was alright, but I didn't like it as much as the art for the first story.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-30-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Just read Gotham Nights #11, and I kinda enjoyed it.

I loved the way Jason is displayed in the first story, clever and capable, however even when he is at a major disadvantage, he'll just take a hit, roll with the punches and keep on pushing forward. That's the kind of content I love to see.

spoilers:
    Also Jason throwing his gun when he is out of ammo reminded me of that one move in injustice 2 again XD
    end of spoilers

The second one features Jason and Dick working on a case together and the story presents them as actual detectives, which is nice. Plus throughout, there's some amusing back and forth between them as they bounce off each other.

As far as short stories go, these were pretty decent, the first one especially makes me crave for a new and actual solo book for Jason after rhato.
    Gotham Nights #11 was awesome. I liked both stories, especially the first one. For each being only an 8-page-story, both writers and artists/colorists did incredibly good.
    And I agree, I would like to see more stuff like "Reunion" for Jason.

spoilers:
    The last panel with Jason sitting in the chair reminds me of Dexter Soy's version in RHatO #20 where Jason holds a gun and reads a book.
    end of spoilers

I'm pleasantly surprised how fun the digital first stories are. I hope DC continues this line. With all those long and dramatic story arcs in DC comics nowadays, it's nice to have some short but fun (and cheap) stories from time to time.

Dexter Soy (Artemis with a little "Batman and the Outsiders" reference)

Last edited by Sergard; 06-30-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Gotham Nights #11 was awesome. I liked both stories, especially the first one. For each being only an 8-page-story, both writers and artists/colorists did incredibly good.
    And I agree, I would like to see more stuff like "Reunion" for Jason.

spoilers:
    The last panel with Jason sitting in the chair reminds me of Dexter Soy's version in RHatO #20 where Jason holds a gun and reads a book.
    end of spoilers

I'm pleasantly surprised how fun the digital first stories are. I hope DC continues this line. With all those long and dramatic story arcs in DC comics nowadays, it's nice to have some short but fun (and cheap) stories from time to time.
    I'm considering getting the trades of Gotham Nights if they release them, even when I'm pretty much pennyless at this point. It's a good way of getting people I know interested in the bat side of the DCU without needing to know the backstory for every character, imho.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Count me third as being pleasantly surprised by Gotham Nights' handling of Jason. Orlando seems to have struck a nice balance between Winnick and Lobdell's takes, while Guggenheim went for a more streamlined and simplistic (not that it was bad, mind you) take of Lobdell's Jason. I would definitely be down to see Orlando handling Jason after Lobdell while Guggenheim is fine for the occasional one-off.

I'm really glad to see a few of us agree and approve of Orlando's take on Jason, cause for me, after reading, and rereading it, it's only gotten better.

And yeah, Dark I agree, this felt like current Jason with a touch of that edge from UTRH/Lost days, a perfect blend. It's only 8 pages but it's still well told, with a nice distinct attitude and voice for the character. The art from Petraites was also quite lovely in my opinion, bold, with some very nice sequencing work, especially in that gun fu scene. I've already been a fan of their work since Rat Queens, so if Soy is still unavailable by time the relaunch comes along, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Petraites on the rhato/Red Hood title.

I think with this one story, Orlando has honestly been bumped up to my number #1 spot for 'new writers for Red Hood'. One can dream of course.
    Last edited by RedBird; 07-01-2020 at 03:17 AM.

I also agree it was a fun read. I just hope the Dark Trinity remains so with whomever takes over the series after 50.

Mmmm... Wasn't Orlando the one who wrote some lovecraftianesque run in Aquaman that people liked a lot? I don't read Aquaman, but I sort of remember something like that being the case?

It gives me ideas, if he was.

Edit: nevermind, I was mistaken, I think. And probably mixing things up.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-30-2020 at 10:42 PM.

TITANS: TITANS TOGETHER #2 - Bride of Blood Preview (source)

Ooh. Interesting. Having a Jason-centric storyline? Yes please.

And it seems like its the first time Jason will be meeting Rose in this continuity, so that will certainly have "implications" going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Dexter Soy has revealed in the comments that this is the cover for the final issue. But sadly, he's not doing the interior art of RH:O #50. It would have been awesome if DC could have gotten Soy and Gandini for the last issue.

Brett Booth

Wayne Faucher

"Here’s a page I inked back in 2013 for Red Hood and the Outlaws #17, as part of the Death of the Family story arc. The pencils are the stunning work of Ardian Syaf."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ooh. Interesting. Having a Jason-centric storyline? Yes please.
    Seems wired that they are doing it in a Titans Book.

Btw. does anybody how many issues this Titans Together is going to have?