Page 159 of 200 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2987
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    That's kind of ignoring the whole 'brainwashed into taking down Batman' element of the story. Context is key. It wasn't just Jason gormlessly following orders, they has a combined goal, and the same could be said about his relationship with Talia and Bruce as well. Plus, as soon as AK second guessed that joker-influenced desire to take down Batman, he sabotaged Scarecrow.
    Also Scarecrow had the toxin and Jason had the army, they both brought something to the table for a combined goal. Sounds more like a partnership anyway.
    Exactly, that is why is too premature to start losing your minds over the solicit when we don't know yet how the story plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Just in case, I don't blame Williamson for this. I'm guessing there were certain depictions of the characters the brass wanted and they just pitched their stories following those points they wanted to follow. However it turns out in the end, if it turns bad, I'm not going to blame it on him. I liked how he wrote Jason in that short, and I think he had the right idea about him there.
    Which short did he write Jason in?

Also I just found Williamson partly wrote new52 rhato issue #6. Huh.

Which short did he write Jason in?

Also I just found Williamson partly wrote new52 rhato issue #6. Huh.
    Wasn't he the one who wrote that short a while back about an old friend of Jason being tagged by some assassin? I think it was a Tec special. It was after the Robin special, of that I'm sure (maybe like four months after?). But maybe I'm mixing him with someone else. But I think it was him. I vaguely remember thinking it read way better than Flash.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Wasn't he the one who wrote that short a while back about an old friend of Jason being tagged by some assassin? I think it was a Tec special. It was after the Robin special, of that I'm sure (maybe like four months after?). But maybe I'm mixing him with someone else. But I think it was him. I vaguely remember thinking it read way better than Flash.
    Do you mean "Reunion" by Steve Orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Do you mean "Reunion" by Steve Orlando?
    GOD, yes, I mean that one. So it was Orlando. I'm sorry for both of them, I absolutaly mixed their names, which means I thought Orlando wrote Flash, also.
    I suck at remembering names, actually. Not a surprise I was so mistaken here. Edited: I'm sooo ashamed of myself. Orlando was the guy in Green Arrow, right? Who was the one in Rebirths Aquaman?

So... I don't know how he's going to write Jason. Well, I still stand for what I said: I think this is a story guided by the points that the office delivered for their pitches. I do think office wanted Jason to be the one with the side of the regime, and the odd one from the bats.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-15-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Exactly, that is why is too premature to start losing your minds over the solicit when we don't know yet how the story plays.
    No one is losing their minds. We're giving our opinions on the solicitation. That thing that's put out for you to judge and to convince you to buy something, that's the point of a solicitation, you are meant to judge it and gauge your interest in the concept it's presenting. And some of us are just not interested, and would have preferred something conceptually different. As it turns out, a solicitation for a story about Red Hood working for an evil regime, especially with every other bat working against it, isn't garnering much excitement.

Personally for me, the context isn't even relevant here, it isn't even my main issue because as I mentioned before, even if this is not (at it's worst) OOC and if Jason is 100% an unwilling participant in this, it's still a story about Red Hood taking contracts on behalf of an evil regime. Not the concept I would have preferred for the Red Hood of all characters in a cyberpunkish dystopia.

As far as solicitations go, this stirs no interest in me. As a Red Hood fan, this solicitation alone has not convinced me to make this purchase. And that's about it.
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-15-2020 at 01:36 PM.

GOD, yes, I mean that one. So it was Orlando. I'm sorry for both of them, I absolutaly mixed their names, which means I thought Orlando wrote Flash, also.
    I suck at remembering names, actually. Not a surprise I was so mistaken here.
    Ah man, Orlando was at the top of my list for writers for Jason after that one single short story.
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much longer he is working with DC.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah it's kinda... we just got him getting The Offer from Luthor and being suspected of Leviathan, so it's kinda... "this again?"... associated with the enemy again? It's a bit uncreative

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I just noticed that Batman: The Adventures Continue #14 was released today. I'm glad it's over. The last chapters turned more and more into an unpleasant read.
    Although I also have to admit that the last two pages were unexpected.

Ah man, Orlando was at the top of my list for writers for Jason after that one single short story.
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much longer he is working with DC.
    I mean, it could surprise us. Not that I think Flash Rebirth was great (I stopped reading it by issue 12, or 15, maybe? Too slow, too wordy, kinda "I already read that" and I'll be honest, Barry bores me); but you never know. Some writers can write well certain characters and stories, but not others.

I've some hopes for the new writer for RHATO, because a) I like the premise, b) Seems like Martinbropugh is a good fit for noir and suspense, and c) hey, Matthew Rosenberg said he was cool for Jason's book, so he may be. Hoping it wasn't just some polite tweeting (maaan, Rosenberg writing Jason, after Freefall? I'll totally support that one. Such a fun and intense read. But he's in Marvel, so...).

I mean, it could surprise us. Not that I think Flash Rebirth was great (I stopped reading it by issue 12, or 15, maybe? Too slow, too wordy, kinda "I already read that" and I'll be honest, Barry bores me); but you never know. Some writers can write well certain characters and stories, but not others.

I've some hopes for the new writer for RHATO, because a) I like the premise, b) Seems like Martinbropugh is a good fit for noir and suspense, and c) hey, Matthew Rosenberg said he was cool for Jason's book, so he may be. Hoping it wasn't just some polite tweeting (maaan, Rosenberg writing Jason, after Freefall? I'll totally support that one. Such a fun and intense read. But he's in Marvel, so...).
    I get what you mean with Williamsons Flash, even though I was enjoying Flash at first, the drama felt needless at times and it did begin to drag a little and repeat itself. Though to be fair, the excess drama could also be due to the chaotic history of the flash and all the consequences of the reboot and retcons beginning to weigh down on the series due to Williamson, to his credit, trying to make everything fit.

And oooh Rosenberg is a good choice, I'd definitely would've wanted to see some of that. Also, wait, he said he was cool for Jasons book?

I get what you mean with Williamsons Flash, even though I was enjoying Flash at first, the drama felt needless at times and it did begin to drag a little and repeat itself. Though to be fair, the excess drama could also be due to the chaotic history of the flash and all the consequences of the reboot and retcons beginning to weigh down on the series due to Williamson, to his credit, trying to make everything fit.

And oooh Rosenberg is a good choice, I'd definitely would've wanted to see some of that. Also, wait, he said he was cool for Jasons book?
    No, he he. If I recall, he said Jason was one of his favourites, and that he was cool with Shawn Martinbrough writing him. The "he" in my sentence is Shawn, not Matthew. Sorry for my awkward phrasing.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-15-2020 at 02:44 PM.

No, he he. If I recall, he said Jason was one of his favourites, and that he was cool with Shawn Martinbrough writing him. The "he" in my sentence is Shawn, not Matthew. Sorry for my awkward phrasing.
    Oh haha, gosh, got my hopes up and everything

Also I just noticed that even though he is with Marvel, as you mentioned, Rosenberg actually has a story in the upcoming DC Death Metal The last 52, so perhaps a future DC book isn't too out of the question.

Oh haha, gosh, got my hopes up and everything

Also I just noticed that even though he is with Marvel, as you mentioned, Rosenberg actually has a story in the upcoming DC Death Metal The last 52, so perhaps a future DC book isn't too out of the question.
    Oh, that gives me some hope. Nice . I think he could do well in a few books. I have some ideas...

Oh, that gives me some hope. Nice . I think he could do well in a few books. I have some ideas...
    Do tell...

Also, I don't want to derail the Jason thread but you've mentioned being a fan of Moon Knight a few times previously and I'm kind of curious to see what he's about, I was wondering if there was any particular run you'd recommend?