Page 91 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2987

See, that little bit is fine. Its the sleeping together part that really puts people off.

Titans Together #2 and Gotham Nights #11 was boring tbh.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Little off-topic: Talia Al Ghul is getting her own anthology collection "Batman Arkham: Talia al Ghul" next year. (source)
    The collection also contains Red Hood: The Lost Days #1. I like her depiction in that issue.
    I miss when Talia was a good hearted woman torn between her love for her father and her love for Bruce and not just a female Cobra Commander.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Preview for Gotham Nights #12 is out. (source)
    I have to admit: The dialogue is a little weird.
    And does Seeley mean Lucius Fox? (I can't remember that Luke ever worked for Wayne Enterprises.)

Last edited by Sergard; 07-04-2020 at 01:26 AM.

Skimmed through the TT and GN. Not bad, but clearly aimed at younger audience.

Liked how Jason called out Batman for recurring children, tho. It's the first time I see a writer who didn't put all the blame on Jason for his death.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

@Sergard, perhaps it sounds wierd because it's plain exposition. From the begining to the end of the preview, with a few, little interuptions of dialogue that isn't explanatory but still feel weird.

There's a reason people tend to dislike that kind of writing: it sound really unnatural, people don't talk like that, not even when they are explaining stuff, unless they're teaching. That said, you can find good exposition that doesn't feel intrusive (I can remember the times it happens in the first Mission: Imposible movie, for example). Here, it makes me believe that Seeley rushed this story a bit, because as far as I know, this isn't something he usually does. But I could be wrong: it could be a trick to distract the bad guys, or a way to inform a third party, or something else that plain exposition time.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Preview for Gotham Nights #12 is out. (source)
    I have to admit: The dialogue is a little weird.
    And does Seeley mean Lucius Fox? (I can't remember that Luke ever worked for Wayne Enterprises.)

I think he is in Rebirth. It was in Detective Comics when they refurbish Azrael's suit and he's in a lab coat. Which surprised me because he's introduced in Batwing as an MMA fighter

Travis Mercer

"Joy riding"

Off-topic but I've noticed that one of the writers on Titans: Titans Together #3 is Andrew Aydin who hasn't written for DC before, as far as I know - but his Wikipedia page looks impressive. This makes me wonder how DC managed to get this guy to write a Titans short story for them and if he is going to stay for bigger projects. This also reminds me a little bit of the Kevin Shinick rumor from February and DC trying to hire new writers.
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-04-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quic (@quic__art on Instagram) has posted a second part of their little DC Super Hero Girls fan-comic about Dick and Jason (here's part 1). It's cute - and sad. But still cute.

(continuation)

(final two pages)

I've just read Gotham Nights #12 - and I don't know. I'm a little disappointed, I guess.

spoilers:
    I didn't expect Underbelly. That was a positive surprise. Even though it was a fake Underbelly.
    But I'm not a fan of Clayface as a villain after all the work in Detective Comics to rehabilitate him.
    There's also not a lot of dialogue to judge character relationships on because, as it turns out, everyone was just playing an act to fool Clayface-Damian.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-07-2020 at 01:10 AM.

V Ken Marion

"Our Batman: Gotham Nights #12 is available now! A Robin centric tale featuring ALL of the heroes to carry the mantle, By @HackinTimSeeley (writer), Me(pencils), #sanduflorea(inks) and @adalhouse (colors). Get your copy on the @DCComics app or @comiXology, only $0.99!"

Someone asked Tim Seeley on Twitter if Gotham Nights #12 takes place after Joker War.

Tim Seeley's answer:

"It's more of a 'dancing between the raindrops' approach to continuity. It's a Robins story with no direct connection to crossover events."

And there was also this little conversation on Twitter:

Tim Seeley Twitter 07-07-2020.jpg

Tim Seeley Twitter 07-07-2020 part 2.jpg

Someone asked Tim Seeley on Twitter if Gotham Nights #12 takes place after Joker War.

Tim Seeley's answer:

"It's more of a 'dancing between the raindrops' approach to continuity. It's a Robins story with no direct connection to crossover events."

And there was also this little conversation on Twitter:

Tim Seeley Twitter 07-07-2020.jpg

Tim Seeley Twitter 07-07-2020 part 2.jpg
    Oh, so it's confirmed: it's loose canon. I was expecting that, but still, it's good to have a first hand word.