Page 78 of 200 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2987

AK cameo is pretty old news and we talked about it here before. It's still interesting to see it again.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    AK cameo is pretty old news and we talked about it here before. It's still interesting to see it again.
    I'm aware that it's old news (the movie is from 2018) but I was pretty surprised when I saw the screenshots and thought that maybe others didn't know about it either.
    No harm done in sharing some screenshots.

But here's something newer. A few days ago, Dexter Soy posted a WIP of an Artemis drawing.
    There was no further information but maybe we are lucky and Dexter Soy is going to draw RH:O #50?

And here's a Red Hood commission by Tony S Daniel.

I'm curious does Jason still need to hided his idenity to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious does Jason still need to hided his idenity to the public?
    Jason is officially legally alive again since Red Hood: Outlaw #32.
    The story even has a nice twist since he didn't declare himself legally alive just to be legally alive again but because he wanted to give a friend and her family the chance for a better life.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

And to piss of Bruce. Personally I think that was the main reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    2 birds, one stone.

No pun intended.

This beings me to another question. With how Red Hood and Outlaws started should Jason even had gone back to Batfam. I mean in a sense he was just doing his own thing. Not wanting to talk to Bruce. Or anyone of his fam. In fact, he has or will be. I mean did he work better on his own.

Extraordinary Member

This beings me to another question. With how Red Hood and Outlaws started should Jason even had gone back to Batfam. I mean in a sense he was just doing his own thing. Not wanting to talk to Bruce. Or anyone of his fam. In fact, he has or will be. I mean did he work better on his own.
    Honestly I think he needs to be part of the Batfamily in some capacity to sell books.

Spectacular Member

but jason was legally alive before red hood 32. bruce had current pictures of him on his office desk not to mention being public out with him and the boys in his own book

The scene feels a little strange considering that Jason and Bruce had just reconciled in RH:O #27.
    And I'm not completely dismissing the possibility that there was some editorial BS going on in the background.
    Personally, I'm tired of conflicts between Jason and Bruce. Well, I'm generally tired of any conflicts within the batfamily/hero community.

The first volume of the New52 run was named REDemption. And redemption is still a big theme in RHatO.
    Reconciling with the people you have hurt is part of redemption. One could even say that the red bat on Jason's chest was his version of "The Scarlet Letter".
    But Jason could have redeemed himself without being an official member of the batfamily.
    I can't even remember when and how Jason was re-integrated in the batfamily. It definitely wasn't right at the beginning of New52. In RHatO #9 Batgirl threatens Jason with jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    but jason was legally alive before red hood 32. bruce had current pictures of him on his office desk not to mention being public out with him and the boys in his own book
    When did that happen?
    With "public out" you mean the Batburger scene?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The scene feels a little strange considering that Jason and Bruce had just reconciled in RH:O #27.
    And I'm not completely dismissing the possibility that there was some editorial BS going on in the background.
    Personally, I'm tired of conflicts between Jason and Bruce. Well, I'm generally tired of any conflicts within the batfamily/hero community.

The first volume of the New52 run was named REDemption. And redemption is still a big theme in RHatO.
    Reconciling with the people you have hurt is part of redemption. One could even say that the red bat on Jason's chest was his version of "The Scarlet Letter".
    But Jason could have redeemed himself without being an official member of the batfamily.
    I can't even remember when and how Jason was re-integrated in the batfamily. It definitely wasn't right at the beginning of New52. In RHatO #9 Batgirl threatens Jason with jail time.

When did that happen?
    With "public out" you mean the Batburger scene?
    yeah not to mention the picture in teen titans which was new

Two birds, one stone (like @jackal said already). I don't think he liked or acknowledged Bruce's rule about being banned from the city. So he definitely delivered his point, with being there as Jason Todd, Bruce Wayne's ward, but not operating as Red Hood.

Jason is just practical.

I think they started to work together around the Death fo the Family's event/crossover.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-02-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

It was earlier, during the Night of Owls crossover. As always, it was due to editorial orders. On pre-release interviews Lobdell said his goal was to not even mention the B-word through the first year of the series at least since he wanted to get Jason out of Bruce's shadow and let him find his own place on the DCU first.

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    yeah not to mention the picture in teen titans which was new
    You mean the Teen Titans Annual? As far as I recall, that picture is hanging somewhere in the Wayne manor, and the manor is not a public space. Basically, only members of the batfamily are even able to see that picture.

It was earlier, during the Night of Owls crossover. As always, it was due to editorial orders. On pre-release interviews Lobdell said his goal was to not even mention the B-word through the first year of the series at least since he wanted to get Jason out of Bruce's shadow and let him find his own place on the DCU first.
    I agree that the Night of Owls crossover was probably the first step to re-integrating Jason into the batfamily, but back then Jason wasn't already considered part of the family. Batgirl's reaction at the end is proof enough.

-------

Nick Robles is drawing donation sketches to support BLM. And one of the donators asked for a Jason Todd sketch (there's also an awesome Duke Thomas sketch).

I mean to a certain extent are all of them okay with Jason now or is he still like an issue? Because he didn't need to go to Bruce or anything. I get in a sense moneywise for DC it makes sense. I only say this since there is only so much you can do with family issues in Batfam book that becomes an issue. like Damian being a jerk. He can be a jerk but there is only so much. I'm not saying Jason has to act as nothing happened and be buddy. Rather the tension should die down.