Page 158 of 200 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2987
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Anyways, someone pinch me becaue I think I'm dreaming. A DC article that doesn't put Jason as an ill fit for the Robin role!?

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/1...est-boy-wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't doubt Jason will be used in some capacity post future state1. He is pretty popular.

However, I'm worried he lost his solo.

If Jason would've lost his solo, it would've happened already. DC didn't touch their hearts to cancel Batgirl, or Outsiders.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 10-15-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I mean, Red Hood started becoming a crime lord to keep all the criminals under control and he had no qualms about taking down Bruce and Nightwing if needed. That particular version of Red Hood would completely be down to work with a regime like this, and we even saw it once before, in Injustice where Jason willingly worked with Superman's regime until they went on a genocide rampage and Damian talked him out of it.

That said I'm not particularly upset about this because is just an elseworld and the solicit paints, Jason, in a sympathetic light thanks to the whole "haunted man doing a job he hates" and the promise of his investigation into the Red Hood gang playing a crucial part into bringing down the Magistrate. If this were the main line, then I would be beyond pissed but is not, and honestly, is a lot better than Lord Robin from Mother Panic or the Nick Fury ripoff that Tynion used in Detective Comics during Rebirth.
    I don't see Under the Hood Jason working with a totalitarian regime that chases vigilantism, when said regime is going to be corrupt, ineffective and the reason why these vigilantes operate (I mean, I don't think this was stated, but why would they fight for, if not?). He fought Dick or Bruce; because they weren't enough and were an annoyance to his view of how to fight the rotten part of the society. Which is how Jason ended in that side in Injustice. That said, I think we can agree in that Injustice-comic Jason was OOC half the time, and when he wasn't, he was highly manipulated and looked like a fool for letting himself being manipulated to that degree. Jason doing his own stuff, like in the second game, but actually helping the heroes, makes more sense.

Edit: geez, I don't know. Maybe I'm really wrong and the story ends up being good and convinces me and I like it in the end. I know it's an elseworld, but it still says something about how the office sees him and that they think it's his appeal.

Edit 2: I don't fear for the rhato book at the moment, to be honest.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-15-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Anyways, someone pinch me becaue I think I'm dreaming. A DC article that doesn't put Jason as an ill fit for the Robin role!?

If Jason would've lost his solo, it would've happened already. DC didn't touch their hearts to cancel Batgirl, or Outsiders.
    That was a good and cathartic article. Jason did have a rough and tumble early life, but like he said, he only stole to survive. He wasn't bad to begin with or anything. Just a kid put in a tough situation, but with strong morals and standards.

Astonishing Member

The thing is we don't know what will happen on March.

The solicitations for December doesn't have Final Issue, but I'm not so sure that means Red Hood comic is safe.

If there is a relaunch for March, it wouldn't be so weird they don't announce Final Issue in the solicitations (they didn't announce in previous relaunch).

Also for all of you doom sayers

Then in March, the regular DC title lineup resumes with the numbering of existing series in-tact, "continuing existing storylines from 2020 and introducing new arcs for the year."
    https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-future-state-details/

Red Hood is one of the existing series, so now you know.

Astonishing Member

That's a relief. Thank you for the answer.

My doom saying was strictly for this farce of what was left over from 5G (a concept that I hated anyway). Main series, I'll wait until we actually see what drops.

Oh I saw this article a while back, it was initially a DC universe exclusive, glad they re-released it for everyone.

And yes, it is indeed so cathartic to finally come across an article like this, (from DC no less) that actually looks into Jasons severely unappreciated history and his legacy as Robin.

Indeed, Jason was the best.

It's not a Jason thread without you people freaking out about one thing or another whenever there's a new announcement.

Anyway, I admit that I'm little interested, but I might give it a pass. I'm more curious about who is going to take over Red Hood in March.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

From the IGN article

Instead, the entire event allows creators to explore the future of the DC Universe, with stories set anywhere from 2030 all the way till the end of time as we know it.
    So this is all set at least 10 years into the future of the current books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    It's not a Jason thread without you people freaking out about one thing or another whenever there's a new announcement.
    I mean to be fair, that's also comic forums in general, but hey, that's what we're all here for aren't we. To react
    Whether it's good or bad reactions, I prefer a lively thread to a dead one anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Anyway, I admit that I'm little interested, but I might give it a pass. I'm more curious about who is going to take over Red Hood in March.
    Same, assuming it's still continuing after future state, I wonder if it's actually going to be Williamson on the title going forward. I was hoping we'd get more information this month, but with future state now in place, I guess we won't have any confirmation on new creative teams till perhaps January.

Does anyone have any particular writers they'd prefer to take over, or are there hopes for some new blood?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    only if he was the leader or if taila or bruce was the lead otherwise no.
    He did it for scarecrow in Arkham knight

So this is all set at least 10 years into the future of the current books.
    So pretty much like those Futures End tie ins.
    And I guess whatever turns out to be a breakout success for them or shows the most potential, will be integrated into the main universe in March. I'm hoping that new Wonder Woman sticks around, she seems cool.

From the solicit for the Nightwing story:

Batman is gone! Now, Nightwing has taken on the mission of keeping the citizens of Gotham City safe from the Magistrate. But to do that, he'll have stay one step ahead of the Magistrate! And you know things have gotten bad in Gotham when the safest place for Dick to hide out is the abandoned Arkham Asylum! When Nightwing gets a visit from a mask claiming to be the new Batman…does he fight like one? Pick up this dark peek into the future by writer Andrew Constant and artist Nicola Scott to find out!
    That doesn't sound like a regime that chases crime alone. That sounds like a regime that still can't protect their people and actually endangers them. Which is within the genre (cyberpunk, dystopian general) and their tropes.

Just in case, I don't blame Williamson for this. I'm guessing there were certain depictions of the characters the brass wanted and they just pitched their stories following those points they wanted to follow. However it turns out in the end, if it turns bad, I'm not going to blame it on him. I liked how he wrote Jason in that short, and I think he had the right idea about him there.

I hope Jason's working from within... or something.

Pfff, whatever.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-15-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He did it for scarecrow in Arkham knight
    That's kind of ignoring the whole 'brainwashed into taking down Batman' element of the story. Context is key. Plus, as soon as AK second guessed that joker-influenced desire to take down Batman, he sabotaged Scarecrow.
    Also Scarecrow had the toxin and Jason had the army he trained, they both brought something to the table for a combined goal. Sounds more like a partnership anyway.
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-15-2020 at 12:43 PM.