Page 161 of 200 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Ohhhh boy, the costume is even worse than I thought.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I don't really see much of Jason's costume. The bike is cool though.

Is Jason chasing Vigilante?
    I guess they are being really literal with the targeting vigilantes thing.

Also I feel Jason is getting closer and closer to finally getting an Akira bike.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    How so?

I guess they are being really literal with the targeting vigilantes thing.

Also I feel Jason is getting closer and closer to finally getting an Akira bike.
    So at least one good thing about Future State.

Jason won the October Pinup Poll on Nick Robles' Patreon page against Zagreus (Hades game) and Geralt (Witcher). It was very close - and Geralt was actually leading for the longest time. I could be wrong but I think it was a last second win for Jason.

So Nick Robles is going to draw a (sexy) Jason Todd Pinup for his Patreon page.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

How so?
    First I'm going to quote the pícs for context

The sketch makes obvious how poorly designed the helmet is, since the way the visor portrudes forward breaks the aesthetic of using a helmet in the first place and makes Jason look pretty Robotic. It was already an issue to have him convey emotions with the helmet and this design looks even more inhuman than usual. But the real problem is the coloring scheme. There's just not a coherency in the way the slapped red all over the outfit. The jacket is very obviously taken from his AK version but having the sleeves blue while the rest of the jacket is red makes it look like is tacked on, rather than a proper jacket. Having the muzzle piece of the helmet be crimson red while the rest of the helmet is black makes him look like a pretty unappealing luchador mask. The way the visor portrudes also gives the impression of Jason's face being black while his mouth is red, creating a pretty jarring visual.

His tweet says 'another' Jason Todd. So I guess this is the second one of the month. XD

His tweet says 'another' Jason Todd. So I guess this is the second one of the month. XD
    Actually the third one. There are already two very spicy Jason artworks. Nick Robles calls them "50 Shades of J".

First I'm going to quote the pícs for context

The sketch makes obvious how poorly designed the helmet is, since the way the visor portrudes forward breaks the aesthetic of using a helmet in the first place and makes Jason look pretty Robotic. It was already an issue to have him convey emotions with the helmet and this design looks even more inhuman than usual. But the real problem is the coloring scheme. There's just not a coherency in the way the slapped red all over the outfit. The jacket is very obviously taken from his AK version but having the sleeves blue while the rest of the jacket is red makes it look like is tacked on, rather than a proper jacket. Having the muzzle piece of the helmet be crimson red while the rest of the helmet is black makes him look like a pretty unappealing luchador mask. The way the visor portrudes also gives the impression of Jason's face being black while his mouth is red, creating a pretty jarring visual.
    I think the sleeves are meant to be grey instead of blue, but otherwise yeah, the mask is kind of a miss for me. Mainly because (sans hoodie) the rest of the helmet/mask being black instead of red makes it look like a balaclava instead. I guess with the hoodie up it's not that jarring for me, but without it, well, it's weird that he has red all over his design except for the one iconic place it should be. His head.

Yeah, read Batman the Adventure Continues, and Joker literally said, "you saved me and left him to die."

The ending is, interesting? Don't know how I feel about it. But it doesn't help that BTAS Tim is basically Jason in all but name as well.

So at least one good thing about Future State.

Jason won the October Pinup Poll on Nick Robles' Patreon page against Zagreus (Hades game) and Geralt (Witcher). It was very close - and Geralt was actually leading for the longest time. I could be wrong but I think it was a last second win for Jason.

Tough challengers. I personally would absolutely have one Zaggie for me. Because he's just so huggable, the snarky, sassy, rebellious, hot, dorky guy.

You guys would love Zagreus.
    Go play Hades. Or watch some let's play or something. Even watching the game's a lot of fun. Also, badass music.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-16-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, read Batman the Adventure Continues, and Joker literally said, "you saved me and left him to die."
    Haven't really read it, but just on quick look the whole thing looks like one of the worst takes of Jason sofar.

[...]

The sketch makes obvious how poorly designed the helmet is, since the way the visor protrudes forward breaks the aesthetic of using a helmet in the first place and makes Jason look pretty Robotic. It was already an issue to have him convey emotions with the helmet and this design looks even more inhuman than usual. But the real problem is the coloring scheme. There's just not a coherency in the way the slapped red all over the outfit. The jacket is very obviously taken from his AK version but having the sleeves blue while the rest of the jacket is red makes it look like is tacked on, rather than a proper jacket. Having the muzzle piece of the helmet be crimson red while the rest of the helmet is black makes him look like a pretty unappealing luchador mask. The way the visor protrudes also gives the impression of Jason's face being black while his mouth is red, creating a pretty jarring visual.
    The Magistrate uses robot law enforcement peacekeepers. I guess the artist wanted to incorporate some robotic elements. In my opinion, the design is fine for that kind of story ("Jason Todd is a haunted man. He's working a job he hates[...]" - with a premise like that it makes sense that the design is "dark" and even off-putting.). Personally, I don't agree with you. Neither does it look like a luchador mask nor does the design create the false impression that Jason has a black face with a red mouth. But, as said, this is just my personal opinion.

I will probably read the story. I don't expect much though. It's filler. Maybe it's bad, maybe it's good - maybe it's just mediocre. In the end, it won't matter. But Jason working for the Magistrate isn't automatically a red flag for me. As others have pointed out before, the solicitation even states that Jason hates it. So how is this any different from Jason working for Black Mask at the beginning of the RHatO Rebirth run?

But I can also understand people being annoyed.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Dan Mora's art on Dark Detective, Matthew Rosenberg writing Grifter and John Ridley's The Next Batman. I also like Cass and Stephanie's designs.
    It's weird though that the bat-franchise is concentrated on one event while all the other titles present a broader future. I'm going to wait for reviews but some of those other titles actually look very nice.
    Last edited by Sergard; 10-17-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

A proper review of the Mcfarlane Two-pack. Jason looks fantastic.

Seems like the pack will be out until December so that's might be why there's no preorders anywhere.

A proper review of the Mcfarlane Two-pack. Jason looks fantastic.

Seems like the pack will be out until December so that's might be why there's no preorders anywhere.
    Me: No time for the whole video, therefore I immediately jump to the Red Hood part.
    Guy in the video: "... Now I know you are all here for the Red Hood ..."
    I feel exposed.

And I agree. This figure looks incredible.
    Last edited by Sergard; 10-18-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Me: No time for the whole video, therefore I immediately jump to the Red Hood part.
    Guy in the video: "... Now I know you are all here for the Red Hood ..."
    I feel exposed.

And I agree. This figure looks incredible.
    It's like everyone is aware of the appeal, but the guys who should really ponder about said appeal for improving their sales.

\o/
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-18-2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: herp derp broken English

This Nightwing is just a repaint of the Rebirth one, of course Red Hood it's the appeal of this box. And they did a better job with Jason anyways.

They are marketing as the New 52 version but didn't even bothered to change the model. This remind me thoses dragon ball figures that only change the head from each version.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This Nightwing is just a repaint of the Rebirth one, of course Red Hood it's the appeal of this box. And they did a better job with Jason anyways.

They are marketing as the New 52 version but didn't even bothered to change the model. This remind me thoses dragon ball figures that only change the head from each version.
    Oh, I guess that explains it. I honestly know near to nothing about toys and figures and collectibles like these.