Page 174 of 200 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    How’s Artemis portrayed in this book?
    Pretty well. Tough, and in the beginning she tries not to get too involved, but forms strong bonds with Jason and Bizarro.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Huh, the character bio in the newest Funko Pop combines Jason's Post-Crisis and N52 backstories. I wonder if there was a similar situation in the previous Pop.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    How’s Artemis portrayed in this book?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Pretty well. Tough, and in the beginning she tries not to get too involved, but forms strong bonds with Jason and Bizarro.
    This.

Thanks to Red Hood and the Outlaws, Artemis has become my favorite female DC character.

---

Cute fanart from Twitter.

source: @54x10_1x0

I'm confused. Is this the same Red Hood figure?

source: Twitter

Seems to be the same figure, yeah. It is very strange that new toys keep popping out but no pre-orders for them.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Huh, the character bio in the newest Funko Pop combines Jason's Post-Crisis and N52 backstories. I wonder if there was a similar situation in the previous Pop.
    I really wish they ignored the new 52 "joker orchestrated everything" origin and stayed with the stealing Batman's tires one.
    There are a lot of things I liked about lobdell's red hood run, but that wasn't one of them...

Seems to be the same figure, yeah. It is very strange that new toys keep popping out but no pre-orders for them.
    The solo pack is still awesome news. (And Azrael looks f*cking epic.)

Quote Originally Posted by Trt-R5 View Post
    I really wish they ignored the new 52 "joker orchestrated everything" origin and stayed with the stealing Batman's tires one.
    There are a lot of things I liked about lobdell's red hood run, but that wasn't one of them...
    If you notice, they kept both.

Shawn Martinbrough

"Another new character for the #DCU. #REDHOOD #51. Art by @Tony8Akins & Stefano Gaudiano. Lettering by @troypeteri. Color by @paulmounts. Covers by @Danmora_c & @KaelNgu. Written by me & published by @DCComics. In stores this month."

All-New Member

If you notice, they kept both.
    I know. I just feel that the whole joker thing takes from Jason character. I like him as a clever street kid who impressed Bruce and made him laugh in the aniversary of his parents death, in the exact same place, and how their relationship progressed from that.
    Somehow, making the joker the one behind it taints the sweet moment for me.
    But I understand that some people might disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Trt-R5 View Post
    I know. I just feel that the whole joker thing takes from Jason character. I like him as a clever street kid who impressed Bruce and made him laugh in the anniversary of his parents death, in the exact same place, and how their relationship progressed from that.
    Somehow, making the joker the one behind it taints the sweet moment for me.
    But I understand that some people might disagree
    I think most fans like this version. I can't remember anyone actually enjoying the New52 version with Joker. As you say, it takes away from Jason's character.

On the other hand, DC constantly takes stuff away from Jason's character. Only a few issues after his post-crisis introduction the whole moment in the alley already was retconned into Bruce taking Jason in because he had missed Dick. Horrible story.

I don't think it matters a lot if the funko guys decide to use some mixture for his backstory, to be honest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The Joker version works best as Jason’s irrational fear brought to life via fear gas or some equivalent hallucination. It shouldn’t be the actual story of what happens but some tale Joker spins to mess with his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The Joker version works best as Jason’s irrational fear brought to life via fear gas or some equivalent hallucination. It shouldn’t be the actual story of what happens but some tale Joker spins to mess with his head.
    Yes I agree with this. Makes complete sense this way

There isn't really a lot to look forward to right now.

There's Red Hood #51 and #52 by Shawn Martinbrough. I am excited for Jason interacting with completely new characters (and yes, this is partly because I'm too tired of certain "discussions"). On the other hand, the story plays in Gotham - and I'm tired of Gotham too. (But with so many new characters I at least hope that there won't be any surprise appearances of the batfamily.)