Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 526
  1. #301
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,976

    Default

    DC First Look: DCEASED: UNKILLABLES #1

    The preview only shows Deathstroke but it's still nice. I'm really looking forward to Unkillables.

  2. #302
    Mighty Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    I just read issue 42 and all I gotta say is Artemis and Jason need to stop lying about their feelings and just be honest for each other �� overall good issue.
    It read to me more like Lobdell admitting it's probably going to happen but he doesn't really want to write about them, so instead of just shutting it down, he's setting it aside to be something he ends on or just leaves for the next writer to handle. Honestly? Pretty nice of him considering I've heard he doesn't really ship the two.

    I appreciate Jason's comments on Wally. It was a good issue. I've jumped back onboard once the Dark Trinity returned and minor complaints aside (why is Artemis shorter than Jason?!) it's been good to have Jason, Artemis and Bizarro back in my pull list.

  3. #303
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It read to me more like Lobdell admitting it's probably going to happen but he doesn't really want to write about them, so instead of just shutting it down, he's setting it aside to be something he ends on or just leaves for the next writer to handle. Honestly? Pretty nice of him considering I've heard he doesn't really ship the two.

    I appreciate Jason's comments on Wally. It was a good issue. I've jumped back onboard once the Dark Trinity returned and minor complaints aside (why is Artemis shorter than Jason?!) it's been good to have Jason, Artemis and Bizarro back in my pull list.
    I sort of feel the same however I do think that he will explore the relationship further in later issues because how could he not? The chemistry that they have is to undeniable for it to be put off to the side entirely however I do understand that he wants to write a whole story and not a romance lol. But I think that he changed his mind on the pairing due to the editorial staff and maybe he just he grew to love it like some of the fan base. I really liked his writing on this issue because it really showed so much between the two. But my hunch is that he won't drop the ball with this.

  4. #304
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I don't know why she is shorter than Jason, maybe the artist chose to make her shorter so she didn't appear to be as dominant as she was before? Perhaps aesthetically it looks better as a couple although I disagree. Did the other dimension alter her powers and her height? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z lol

  5. #305
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomar8989 View Post
    I don't know why she is shorter than Jason, maybe the artist chose to make her shorter so she didn't appear to be as dominant as she was before? Perhaps aesthetically it looks better as a couple although I disagree. Did the other dimension alter her powers and her height? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z lol
    I think that every artist draws almost every character as they feel like, to some degree. Sometimes, they don't even stick to a costume design at all (look at current Tim Drake mess, for example). I think it all depends on how much freedom they have from editors and editorial lines. In this case, the penciler probably felt that Artemis was slighly shorter than Jason. Instead of being as tall as him, and definitely leaner than she was before.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  6. #306
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I think that every artist draws almost every character as they feel like, to some degree. Sometimes, they don't even stick to a costume design at all (look at current Tim Drake mess, for example). I think it all depends on how much freedom they have from editors and editorial lines. In this case, the penciler probably felt that Artemis was slighly shorter than Jason. Instead of being as tall as him, and definitely leaner than she was before.
    I agree and did you read the chapter? If so what is your opinion of it. Have not really heard anyone really touch on it today

  7. #307
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomar8989 View Post
    I agree and did you read the chapter? If so what is your opinion of it. Have not really heard anyone really touch on it today
    It's a trasitional issue. It's what I was expecting: slow paced, centered around Jason and Artemis. I even got some time for seing some emotional closures, like the one about the letters and the one about Roy. They didn't exactly close the ship, but I wasn't expecting that to be resolved. And we got a glance to the next conflicts: Essence in her sword in that safe, and the kids trying to be bad guys.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  8. #308
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I think that every artist draws almost every character as they feel like, to some degree.
    Heigts often really depend on the artists. If you go by the official stats Jason and Artemis should be iirc the same height (6'0'') and Bizzaro shouldn't that much taller (6'3'').

  9. #309
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    as long as the characterization is good, Height and stuff doesn't really bother me all that much.

    One question about yesterday's issue. How did Jason know Artemis was also lying?

  10. #310
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    as long as the characterization is good, Height and stuff doesn't really bother me all that much.

    One question about yesterday's issue. How did Jason know Artemis was also lying?
    Guy was trained by Bruce, Talia, the All-Caste, and League of Assassins. He probably checks to see if someone is lying like other people breathe.

  11. #311
    Mighty Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    as long as the characterization is good, Height and stuff doesn't really bother me all that much.

    One question about yesterday's issue. How did Jason know Artemis was also lying?
    You can usually tell when someone's into you when you're kissing them, especially if they've been away for a long time.

  12. #312
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You can usually tell when someone's into you when you're kissing them, especially if they've been away for a long time.
    yeah true. I really wonder what will happen between them now.

    Only concern I have is that after Lobdell whoever takes over Red Hood after him (which will happen eventually - probably sooner rather than later) that they will split the outlaws up and destroy all Jason's relationships.

  13. #313
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    yeah true. I really wonder what will happen between them now.

    Only concern I have is that after Lobdell whoever takes over Red Hood after him (which will happen eventually - probably sooner rather than later) that they will split the outlaws up and destroy all Jason's relationships.
    So, no to Morrison and hell no to Bendis.

  14. #314
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    I think we still have a few more months of Lobdell (until #50), at least. I doubt Morrison or Bendis would sign for a Red Hood book; too little of a name and sales, and DC probably wants them in bigger books to maximise profit. But other writers would, I think. The character is pretty interesting, and has a wide range of genres that you can write hin on. And you don't need to read a ton of previous books to know what he's been doing before, his relationships, etc.

    Well, in my opinion, at least.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  15. #315
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,028

    Default

    Agreed. Jason/Red Hood appeals to a broad spectrum of both old & new readers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •