Page 17 of 200 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    You guys might want to check out the Wally West appreciation thread.
    I did. Was not expecting that, to be honest. Alas, it really doesn't have a direct connection to the thread, but what was there, was a good read.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason looks a lot like Jensen Ackles on that page.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

By the way, I think that's the same safe house that Tomasi/Gleason made for him in Batman and Robin where he said hello to his pillow before being attacked by Damian. The same ceiling to floor windows, circular wall, and his weapon collection is on the frame in the wall that divides the living room and bedroom, with storage underneath.

That red sword on the frame is the one Damian used to attack him.

The layout and content's a bit different, or this is the other side where the living room is, while behind the wall is his bed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Looks like the Pistols from Arkham Knight.

By the way, I think that's the same safe house that Tomasi/Gleason made for him in Batman and Robin where he said hello to his pillow before being attacked by Damian. The same ceiling to floor windows, circular wall, and his weapon collection is on the frame in the wall that divides the living room and bedroom, with storage underneath.

The layout and content's a bit different, or this is the other side where the living room is, while behind the wall is his bed.
    It's probably meant to be the same house, yeah. But when you don't have the sketches with the schematics from the previous artist, you can always give it a little personal touch. It's like Clint's apartment and building in Hawkeye, for example (even if we do have some schematics). You just adapt those to fit your story :3. Or, well, the Wayne manor, here in DC. We know certain spaces, but not the full layout of the building; so artists have plenty of freedom.

Nice touch that sword XD. I guess Jason got that back in place of his helmet.
    Lots of books in the background, btw. That's nice.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I didn't realize that Damian took one of Jason's swords but you are right.
    The guns in the Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P preview look like the ones on the wall in Batman and Robin #11 below the swords.

From Batman and Robin #11:

So Jason,Artemis and Buzarro are mentors to super villains? Interesting. I figured they wouldn’t want kids to follow them or be on the side of evil

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So Jason,Artemis and Buzarro are mentors to super villains? Interesting. I figured they wouldn’t want kids to follow them or be on the side of evil
    Jason has said (twice already) that he's just teaching them whatever he can in order to ensure that they avoid a death like the one he had. And he has said that that's the only reason why he accepted Luthor's offer. I doubt he's actually teaching them to be "supervillains"; he's teaching them to basically survive.

For anyone interested: Here's the whole first look on Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P.
    The Jason part is drawn by Marcio Takara. Colorists for the issue are Adriano Lucas, Rex Lokus and Nathan Fairbairn. I'm only familiar with Rex Lokus and the one page posted above by Restingvoice looks like it's colored by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    For anyone interested: Here's the whole first look on Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P.
    The Jason part is drawn by Marcio Takara. Colorists for the issue are Adriano Lucas, Rex Lokus and Nathan Fairbairn. I'm only familiar with Rex Lokus and the one page posted above by Restingvoice looks like it's colored by him.
    Marcio Takara. That's sweet. This is a close up, in his insta, of one of those panels, btw: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6mGBJ9n...on_share_sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Marcio Takara. That's sweet. This is a close up, in his insta, of one of those panels, btw: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6mGBJ9n...on_share_sheet
    It's interesting to compare Takara's lines with the final colored version. Jason has a nice little smile in the original version but in the colored panel it feels like the smile has nearly vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    It's interesting to compare Takara's lines with the final colored version. Jason has a nice little smile in the original version but in the colored panel it feels like the smile has nearly vanished.
    It's because of the shadow of the lip, I guess. It may be easier to see in the HQ image / physical copy when they release this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It's because of the shadow of the lip, I guess. It may be easier to see in the HQ image / physical copy when they release this issue.
    I hope so. I like Jason's little Mona Lisa smile
    And I'm fascinated by Takara's lines. It's a good combination of strong and fine lines. There is some "rough edge" to it but the lines are also precise and convey strong emotions.
    Just judging by the one panel on Instagram I'd say that Jason feels relaxed, even happy. But he also looks a little tired around the eyes. The arched eyebrow is a nice touch and is probably a response to something that Alfred has done or said.