Page 175 of 200 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    There isn't really a lot to look forward to right now.

There's Red Hood #51 and #52 by Shawn Martinbrough. I am excited for Jason interacting with completely new characters (and yes, this is partly because I'm too tired of certain "discussions"). On the other hand, the story plays in Gotham - and I'm tired of Gotham too. (But with so many new characters I at least hope that there won't be any surprise appearances of the batfamily.)
    It's not like the batfam works in Gothan a lot nowadays. And when they work in the city, it's not this new-but-not-new neighbourhood. As I said before, I'm looking forward to these two last issues. I hope it ends up being a good read. And, with some lucky if it is good, something that carries on the book after this nonsense new event.

And there's White Knight too. I absolutely forgot about that one.
    Maybe my time for go and read Carey's Lucifer has finally come.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    Dexter's Jason with the white streak is *chef's kiss*
    100% Agreed.

Yeah, it feels as though everything is winding down, especially now with the two month gap created by future state.

There's Red Hood #51 and #52 by Shawn Martinbrough. I am excited for Jason interacting with completely new characters (and yes, this is partly because I'm too tired of certain "discussions"). On the other hand, the story plays in Gotham - and I'm tired of Gotham too. (But with so many new characters I at least hope that there won't be any surprise appearances of the batfamily.)
    Same here. I hope it remains a one off moment because otherwise it feels absurd to have Jason limited to Gotham and the Batfamily, when there is literally nothing tying him to the city or the family. Also, Jason, along with Dick, Kate, Cass, Duke, and Babs all show up in Tec 1030 in a group meeting to talk about how the city is turning on them, and the people of Gotham are seen harassing and sabotaging them, all the while Bruce asks them about Damian and to be on the lookout since Bruce wants to chat with him. Tec has been pretty meh overall, so I'm definitely not recommending the title, plus the entire family will most likely end up as props for the sake of Damians story anyway. It's a Tomasi book after all. But Tec just demonstrates the glaring problem of Jasons inclusion here when there is no urgency or time sensitive threat over Gotham, again, nothing is tying Jason to the city and last time Jason actually interacted with Bruce one on one, or had the pleasure of a 'chat' was in the Prince of Gotham arc where Bruce was attempting to arrest Jason for returning to Gotham, since then the only interactions between them have been 'emergencies' in some way or another but considering the emergency is now over I fail to see why he is sticking around or why there is no acknowledgement of their clash.

It's almost ridiculous now, since the current status quo is that technically, Jason is in a city that doesn't want him there, with a family that doesn't want him there, fighting crime under the strict supervision of a mentor/father figure that doesn't want him there either. So why he doesn't pack up and leave to fight crime elsewhere is anyone's guess. But he is in Gotham anyway, because instead of ever being properly utilised as the lethal or rogue member of the bats, he is now making a successful transformation into 'background batperson number #7' I guess.

If the rumours about Clownhunter being Red X were true then Jason being Bao's mentor would have given him a legitimate reason to play nicely in Gotham since similar to the Outlaw kids he'd be trying to reel in someone else's more violent tendencies. Making the Red X identity which was long rumoured to be Jason Todd thanks to Beast Boy in the original show itself, (so technically by the shows creators) and having it turn out to be his student instead, thereby doing what the show always did and tying Jason Todd to the title but without it actually being him under the mask and giving the Red Hood a legacy in the form of Red X would have been kind of neat. Plus having Jasons student be someone who is also a misguided kid with a hatred for clowns since they uprooted his life, it all fits pretty well whilst still staying true to the original intrigue and theories surrounding the Red X character. I don't think that's where the story is going at all, (and I don't know how I would feel about Tynion writing Jason again anyway), but still, it honestly would make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It's not like the batfam works in Gothan a lot nowadays. And when they work in the city, it's not this new-but-not-new neighbourhood. As I said before, I'm looking forward to these two last issues. I hope it ends up being a good read. And, with some lucky if it is good, something that carries on the book after this nonsense new event.
    So far this appears like a somewhat sequel to the original Batman: The Hill comic, which is really intriguing. I really liked the original but I also hope there is a difference to the approach between the original with Batman and now with the Red Hood.
    Last edited by RedBird; 11-10-2020 at 05:14 PM.

If this stuff with that magistrate guy is true and the way it seems to go, then I think we're going to have Jason in Gotham, because editorial or someone else may want him there for street level stories for a while.

I'm just hoping for it to be good and its own stuff outside any big epic great awesome batfam storyline after future shock ends. So a new zone of the city with new characters, troubles and conflics is what I wish to happen in these circumbstances. I don't mind star guestings of the batfam itself here and there, but please DC people, make sense, be meausred. We're reading a book about Jason. Play nice with these toys we love.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

*sigh*

artist: lost_piero

(I think we all know who would be the stay-at-home parent in this relationship.)

*sigh*

(I think we all know who would be the stay-at-home parent in this relationship.)
    Gokushufudou (Way of the House Husband) makes it work remarkably well. Also one of the funniest and most wholesome manga I've come across. Still, would love to see this explored more.

*sigh*

(We sure do. )

Sweet family portrait.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Gokushufudou (Way of the House Husband) makes it work remarkably well. Also one of the funniest and most wholesome manga I've come across. Still, would love to see this explored more.
    Off-topic: I love that manga too. So far I have read the first three volumes and it's pure fun.

On-topic: Obligatory cute stuff with Jason (and the Outlaws):

artist: hyaena666

artist: Javechan

Aww so many lil Red Hoods to choose from

Hard to choose just one, but for sure, I'm gonna need a figurine of that lil tired Red Hood with the #1 Outlaw mug.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Aww so many lil Red Hoods to choose from

Hard to choose just one, but for sure, I'm gonna need a figurine of that lil tired Red Hood with the #1 Outlaw mug.
    They released a sticker pack for whatsapp. Adorable.

Judd Winick back on Jason? Would be interesting. The guy who did UTRH as well as that fun little one-shot not long ago, that could be interesting.

All-New Member

In an interview some months ago he said it would be almost inevitable he would eventually do some more work with Jason (if I recall correctly)
    That it was more a question of timing and if he came up with some interesting idea he would like to explore.
    But with the current cutbacks in pay for creators in DC, I dunno if that wouldn't affect that possibility...

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Judd Winnick can only write Jason as an edgy mary sue that can't stop backstabbing everyone so I hope he never gets to write Jason in a long term capacity.

‘Titans’ Red Hood Spin-Off Series in the Works at HBO Max

The HBO Max streaming service is developing a Red Hood solo series, this show is supposed to be a spin-off of Titans. Red Hood is what the character of Jason Todd (played by actor Curran Walters) becomes in the third season of Titans.

Topics:

Who is Red Hood?
    A Live-Action Red Hood Television Series?
    What Other Characters Could Appear In The Red Hood Show?
    Is Titans Canceled In Favor of the Red Hood Series?
    Are We Getting Any Other Titans Spin-Off Shows?

[...]

It’s currently also unclear how Jason Todd’s journey as Red Hood will continue from Titans to his own solo series. It is likely that the gun-swinging vigilante gets incapacitated in some way on Titans, only to return around a year later in his own spin-off show. The DC Universe series writers have always tried their best to have their shows take place in the modern-day. The Red Hood series will still need to go through production before it can be released on HBO Max. Due to this, you should not expect the Red Hood show to air (or take place) right after Titans season 3. That is also why I suggested the possibility of a year-long time jump between Titans season 3 and the Red Hood series.

While the Teen Titans spin-off series that I scooped months ago was originally in development at DC Universe, the project has since moved to HBO Max together with Titans and the rest of the DC Universe original series library. If fans react well to Tim Drake in the third season of Titans, Tim will get to lead a new team of younger heroes in his own spin-off series on HBO Max.

Additionally, I’ve heard some interesting things about an anthology series being in development. This anthology series would take place in the same universe as Titans. It would follow certain Titans on their journeys that took place between seasons of Titans. Examples of episodes this anthology series could feature are; an episode dedicated to what Donna and Kory were up to between seasons 1 and 2, and an episode following Jason Todd’s journey as Robin before he met Dick in the fifth episode of the first season of Titans.

[...]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Judd Winnick can only write Jason as an edgy mary sue that can't stop backstabbing everyone so I hope he never gets to write Jason in a long term capacity.
    Chill a little. Judd Winick has no plans to come back to write any series.
    Last edited by Sergard; 11-12-2020 at 02:40 PM.