Page 81 of 200 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2987
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Who knows what is Joker talking about, he knows all of them are alive, and going by the look Jason has here, Tynion was aware of Jason taking over the Iceberg Lounge.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Who knows what is Joker talking about, he knows all of them are alive, and going by the look Jason has here, Tynion was aware of Jason taking over the Iceberg Lounge.
    What look do you mean?
    The sunglasses are from Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P.
    I think all the civil looks are from Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P.

That book was released before Pennyworth but even so, Jason wearing fancy suits comes from Prince of Gotham, otherwise, he's always depicted wearing leather jackets.

That book was released before Pennyworth but even so, Jason wearing fancy suits comes from Prince of Gotham, otherwise, he's always depicted wearing leather jackets.
    Isn't that panel from Batman #89? (released: February 19 2020)
    Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. was released on February 12 2020, a week prior. So Batman #89 and Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. were pretty much drawn around the same time. Artists probably just exchanged designs. Especially since all the other clothes on the Joker panel match with the clothes in Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P., not just Jason's. The artist even got Barbara's hairstyle right.
    And Jason wearing a suit in Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. isn't necessarily an indication that the writers/artists read the Prince of Gotham story arc. It's normal to wear fancy clothes at a funeral.

Spectacular Member

alfred was a beneficiary

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    alfred was a beneficiary
    Is this a guess or fact?
    It at least sounds plausible.
    But if it's true then the dialogue is misleading. Alfred is definitely not one of the "baby bats".
    Furthermore, Joker is targeting five people of the "batfamily" - Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian and Barbara. If Alfred is one of the five beneficiaries, then one of the targets is not a beneficiary (probably Jason, maybe Barbara). So why target this extra person in the first place when Joker's main objective is the Wayne trust?

RED HOOD: OUTLAW #49

written by SCOTT LOBDELL

art by PAOLO PANTALENA

cover by DAN MORA

variant cover by PHILIP TAN

Jason's ongoing war against the Untitled comes to a sudden, startling and tragic end with the help of...Red Hood and the Outlaws?! But to protect the world, one of his teammates must make the ultimate sacrifice for the greater good!

32 pages, $3.99, available on Sept. 29.
    Oh boy.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 06-12-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Batman: Three Jokers #2

Written By Geoff Johns

Art And Cover By Jason Fabok

Variant Cover By Jason Fabok

1:25 variant cover by TBD

1:50 variant cover by TBD

PRESTIGE FORMAT | ON SALE 09/29/20

$6.99 US | 48 PAGES | 2 of 3 | FC | DC

DC Black Label | AGES 17+

As Batman and Batgirl follow an unexpected thread linking the three Jokers with someone from the Dark Knight’s past, Red Hood dives headfirst into trouble and finds himself struggling to stay afloat without the aid of his allies.

Batman: Three Jokers continues its trajectory as the ultimate examination of The Joker and his never-ending conflict with Batman. Prepare yourselves for the second chapter of one of the most terrifying and personal mysteries Batman has ever faced!
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 06-12-2020 at 09:27 AM.

And there we go. I feel nervous somehow.

And in industry news, Dennis O'Neil passed away last night

https://www.gamesradar.com/legendary...ies-at-age-81/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Is this a guess or fact?
    It at least sounds plausible.
    But if it's true then the dialogue is misleading. Alfred is definitely not one of the "baby bats".
    Furthermore, Joker is targeting five people of the "batfamily" - Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian and Barbara. If Alfred is one of the five beneficiaries, then one of the targets is not a beneficiary (probably Jason, maybe Barbara). So why target this extra person in the first place when Joker's main objective is the Wayne trust?
    he wasn't just talking baby bat when he mention 5 benefeiciaries and alfred was a recipient the last time to. not to mention don't rich people update their wills every other year or so, if jason was still a benefactor on the will tim and damian name shouldn't be on the will if they came after jason died the lawyers would have been cross him off to receive his portion.
    the story hasn't come out yet to know the whole aspect of whose targets and whose not. all i heard are whisper and probably miss leading solicitations
    Last edited by redmax99; 06-12-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Oh boy.
    Oh boy indeed.
    First I thought that they are going to sacrifice Bizarro, but maybe it's Roy again.
    As far as I'm concerned, Dan Mora can stay on cover duty. He has a beautiful style.

As Batman and Batgirl follow an unexpected thread linking the three Jokers with someone from the Dark Knight’s past, Red Hood dives headfirst into trouble and finds himself struggling to stay afloat without the aid of his allies.

Batman: Three Jokers continues its trajectory as the ultimate examination of The Joker and his never-ending conflict with Batman. Prepare yourselves for the second chapter of one of the most terrifying and personal mysteries Batman has ever faced!
    I have mixed feelings about this solicitation.
    Last edited by Sergard; 06-12-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If an outlaw does die, I highly doubt it'll be one of the dark trinity. I'd say it's either gonna be one of the New 52 Outlaws (probably New 52 Jason) or a miscellaneous ally (Essence, a member of generation: outlaw, etc.).

As for the Winter Soldier thing, I meant that I wish we could have skipped the dark times between UTH and RHATO where Jason was essentially whatever the plot required him to be at that point in time. Bucky, while not exactly in a great spot today, didn't have nearly as many hiccups after his re-brand that Jason did. And with how popular he's become over the last 8 or so years, I really do wish those initial years weren't wasted as much as they were (Plus an additional 6 or so years of stories worth reading woulda been nice too).

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m getting into Rebirth, and this book is on my radar. Has DC re-inserted Croc into Jason’s origin?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m getting into Rebirth, and this book is on my radar. Has DC re-inserted Croc into Jason’s origin?
    No. It's still the post-crisis origin with Jason being a street kid stealing the tyres of the batmobile (and not the pre-crisis origin with Jason being an acrobat whose parents are killed by Killer Croc).
    But Killer Croc and Jason work together in Red Hood and the Outlaws #17.
    Killer Croc also appears in the Red Hood and the Outlaws Annual #2 but Jason and Killer Croc don't interact.