Page 50 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    But I wouldn't use Jack Crane as a villain for Red Hood. When I read the pre-crisis story of Jack Crane, I felt like parts of the "true" story were missing. Jack Crane claimed that he shot an arsonist. The police didn't find any proof - so Jack Crane was removed/fired. The whole police turned their back on him - including Harvey Bullock. Jack Crane lost his face - metaphorically and literally.
    Thats also one I was thinking about, but IIRC Jason was not working on that case in the original story.

i still would like to see a post crisis version of "Flying Hi", would be interesting how post crisis Jason would handle school kids that do drugs.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Thats also one I was thinking about, but IIRC Jason was not working on that case in the original story.

i still would like to see a post crisis version of "Flying Hi", would be interesting how post crisis Jason would handle school kids that do drugs.
    That's true. He wasn't working on that case. I also wouldn't let post-crisis Jason work on that case (it would still take place during Jason's pre-Robin training).
    I'd let Jason re-investigate the case as Red Hood together with Bullock to give Jack Crane some belated justice - and maybe the friendship between Crane and Bullock can be restored.

Yeah, that would be interesting. Rena can work post-crisis in the same way like pre-crisis. Maybe we could see adult Rena too. If writers want to be cheeky, adult Rena could now date one of the three boys from the Back-up story - that would be a nice combination of pre- and post-crisis stories.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that would be interesting. Rena can work post-crisis in the same way like pre-crisis. Maybe we could see adult Rena too. If writers want to be cheeky, adult Rena could now date one of the three boys from the Back-up story - that would be a nice combination of pre- and post-crisis stories.
    They could also bring Shane Rivers back (the "bad guy" from "Flying Hi").

and maybe the friendship between Crane and Bullock can be restored.
    I think redeeming Crane wouldn't really work, not after turning into a cop killer.
    Last edited by Aahz; 03-22-2020 at 03:43 PM.

They could also bring Shane Rivers back (the "bad guy" from "Flying Hi").

I think redeeming Crane wouldn't really work, not after turning into a cop killer.
    I'm not talking about Crane being redeemed. He'd still have to remain in prison for killing other cops.
    But Bullock could at least show a little bit of understanding for his old friend who had a horrible traumatizing accident, lost his face and then was blamed by "his own people" for something he didn't do.
    Not a single person took his side.

It could also be an interesting story line if Jason met some of Ma Gunn's "boys" - the kids that she tried to turn into criminals in the past. Some of them could be big names by now in other cities.

The official Lego Minifigures of all Jason Todd/Red Hood and their respective 'variants'.

#JasonToddPH #RedHoodPH #Lego #Minifigures #LegoMinifigures

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

When was the first time Jason depicted out of character if we use UTRH as a basis?

This is different than character development, of course. That's when he first feel "okay fine I'm not gonna kill Joker"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    When was the first time Jason depicted out of character if we use UTRH as a basis?
    I would say either when he was Nightwing (Nightwing #118), or post Count Down (Robin #177).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I would say either when he was Nightwing (Nightwing #118), or post-Count Down (Robin #177).
    Jason as Nightwing was right after Infinite Crisis as part of what Didio wanted at that time. That early, huh? Straight up his second appearance?

Here's some cute Young Justice fanart by T Z.

Paolo Pantalena

Blam blam blam...from Red Hood and Outlaws, stay safe everyone!

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I wonder if that girl in the back is supposed to be Isabel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The girl with the long hair?

I don't think it's her.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Well, the composition of the pic has as focus characters that are either part of the Outlaws or associated with them (Major Glory to the right of Jason, Bizarro on top). The ones missing are Artemis and Isabel/Essence. We can discard Artemis leaving only Isabel/Essence. However, the body language of our mysterious girl is in line with Isabel's rather than Essence.

Well, the composition of the pic has as focus characters that are either part of the Outlaws or associated with them (Major Glory to the right of Jason, Bizarro on top). The ones missing are Artemis and Isabel/Essence. We can discard Artemis leaving only Isabel/Essence. However, the body language of our mysterious girl is in line with Isabel's rather than Essence.
    I only see Jason, a bunch of zombies (untitled, I guess), that woman, some random old, bald guy in a fighting pose (Major Glory. Sorry, I had problems reading his lineart. Blame my short sighting), and what looks like the body of some big guy that could or could not be Bizarro (I don't think he is). For me, it looks like Jason (and* Glory) opening his way, and the way of a bunch of average, non vigilante humans, throughout a* horde of monsters.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-23-2020 at 10:39 AM.