Page 193 of 200 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So don't expect a ongoing until after the 6 issue arc finishes..
    So potentially, nothing but a 15-16 page cameo in the months all till September, plus with no guarantee thus far of anything after that. sigh

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    So potentially, nothing but a 15-16 page cameo in the months all till September, plus with no guarantee thus far of anything after that. sigh
    To be fair, the Urban Legends story seems to be a Jason story featuring Bruce not the other way around. So there’s that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bat group editor confirms Chip Zdarsky's red hood story is the continuation of his ongoing series: https://www.cbr.com/interview-ben-ab...-future-state/

So don't expect a ongoing until after the 6 issue arc finishes..
    I would say this reinforces my theory that they don't canceled the comic in Red Hood #50, because Batman Urban Legends.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Welp, it was a good run but I guess this is it for me and DC comics once the RH story ends in Urban Legends.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Is The Hill still in though is what I want to know

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Welp, no Red Hood on March solicits

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...18/dcmarch.htm
    Not surprised. Still disappointed and sad.
    It's not just Jason.
    Literally, where is everyone? Where's Batwoman, where's Duke, where are Cass, Steph and Tim? Where's Azrael?

I'm not saying that the list of titles is bad. There are Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Nightwing, Catwoman, etc. - decades-old characters with hundreds of stories and fan bases that grew and grew over the decades thanks to all those stories. So there will be a lot of buyers for these books.

But how are other characters supposed to get more popular and have a similar development when DC isn't giving them the same treatment?

I'll give Urban Legends a try. Not just for Jason, but for Grifter and Outsiders too. And because there's nothing else of interest for me (not counting The Dreaming: Waking Hours #8 which I'm definitely looking forward to).

Oh, and I see Dexter Soy's name among the Infinite Frontier #0 artists. It's good to see that he's still around. I hope he'll be on some on-going title again in the future. I love his style.
    Last edited by Sergard; 12-18-2020 at 01:11 PM.

i'm excited for Urban Legends. Me thinks something could spin out of that. My hopes anyway. And it keeps $$ in my pocket during these trying times.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Albert Ching, DC marketing, said there will be more titles after March, but said no more.
    https://twitter.com/albertxii/status...88267194699777

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Albert Ching, DC marketing, said there will be more titles after March, but said no more.
    https://twitter.com/albertxii/status...88267194699777
    It has been mentioned that Batman Urban Legends is the "continuation" of Jason's solo.

So, a solo before the Jason's six month arc in Batman Urban Legend ends (at least) is extremely unlikely.

Now, a Jason solo after that arc ends is in doubt too. DC doesn't lkkely hasn't plan so far yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    DC doesn't lkkely hasn't plan so far yet.
    Not sure it is usually said that it takes about 6 month for a comic issue to come out, so if there is going to put out a Red Hood book after Urban Legends, they need to have a plan for it.

It is of course possible that they gonna stick with the anthology format.

The dream scenario right now is that after his story in the anthology ends, Zdarsky tackles on a new ongoing/continues from #53 and the Batman: Urban Legends stuff marks a new status quo for Jason. Giving him a chance to breathe outside of Lobdell's influence and see if this hypothetical book's resulting sales correspond to the perceived popularity of the character outside comics or if there's just little interest for Jason comics.

Not even gonna entertain that possibility though, I'm kinda tired of DC's stupid management.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 12-18-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    The dream scenario right now is that after his story in the anthology ends, Zdarsky tackles on a new ongoing/continues from #53 and the Batman: Urban Legends stuff marks a new status quo for Jason. Giving him a chance to breathe outside of Lobdell's influence and see if the resulting sales correspond to the perceive popularity of the character.

Not even gonna entertain that possibility though, I'm kinda tired of DC's stupid management.
    That would be THE DREAM! Please DC, don’t let Red Hood fans down...

Finger crossed.

It might also be worth remembering that RHATO rebirth debuted 2 months after the initial Rebirth roll out in June 2016. The same thing could happen here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It might also be worth remembering that RHATO rebirth debuted 2 months after the initial Rebirth roll out in June 2016. The same thing could happen here too.
    Sure, but at that time, rhato rebirth was announced alongside every other comic being released for rebirth. Two month gap or not, it was a sure thing to look forward to. Compare that to the current situation, with a possible 8 month gap, with still no clear indication of a solo book on the horizon. This circumstance is by far more grim.

Still, at least there is the news of a quality writer providing some kind of short story for the time being, here's hoping it leads to something more. In the meantime I may just catch up on Zdarskys Daredevil series to see what all the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Sure, but at that time, rhato rebirth was announced alongside every other comic being released for rebirth. Two month gap or not, it was a sure thing to look forward to. Compare that to the current situation, with a possible 8 month gap, with still no clear indication of a solo book on the horizon. This circumstance is by far more grim.

Still, at least there is the news of a quality writer providing some kind of short story for the time being, here's hoping it leads to something more. In the meantime I may just catch up on Zdarskys Daredevil series to see what all the fuss is about.
    That’s fair. Just trying to give some hope that it may not be as bad as it seems is all.

In the meantime, I do hope we’ll get to hear some more about what Zdarsky has planned for his story in Urban Legends sometimes soon.