Page 188 of 200 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2987
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I know it probably won't happen, but I'd absolutely love it if Zdarsky's Batman/Red Hood story followed up on their altercation in RHATO 25.

Ignoring the wider DCU means we'd have never gotten the Dark Trinity, no outlaws, Outlaw Biz, Jason/Artemis, Jason-Roy friendship, the All Caste, Grandma Gun, etc.

I'm just saying we'd have missed out on a lot of cool stuff these last 10 years if Jason was cut off from the wider DCU and I'm sure we'd miss out on some more good stuff in the future if they do it now.
    What's your definition of "wider DCU"?

The All Caste was specifically created for Jason.
    Ma Gunn was specifically created for Jason in his post-crisis origin story.
    I guess the Outlaws - the team name - was specifically created for Jason.
    This version of Bizarro was specifically created for the Outlaws.

Artemis - I give you that - is awesome.
    Jason-Roy friendship is nice but I still wished Jason could have a better best friend. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to throw shade on Roy - but his character is in a bad position - and not because he's dead. But neither the Arrow franchise nor the Titans franchise seem to be particularly interested in his character. And I don't think DC is interested enough in giving Roy a solo. Green Arrow himself didn't have a solo for quite some time. Which is sad. The Arrow family is so big but feels so overlooked.

And can we at least make a wide berth around the Justice League, the Titans and most members of the batfamily? I'm too tired of them. I think I said it once already but I'm not agreeing with DC's definition of "hero".

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I haven't read his Daredevil series, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. Definitely looking forward to this one.

At this point, I'm actually truly sick of looking at it. It's become so frustrating to see it show up again and again.

I suppose there are three options. The first being that it means absolutely nothing and that this anthology just happens to start with a Batman and Red Hood team up. The second being that this will help to establish some elements and launch a new Red Hood #1, possibly by the same writer, Zdarsky. And the third being that this means there is no Red Hood solo or team book and that the character will now, at best, be regulated to showing up in random stories like this, similar to most of the fringe Batman characters.
    I like the costume as a road trip costume when Jason has to travel light/hide his vigilante stuff. But it makes no sense for an investigation story in Gotham, where he has at least one safe-house and surely needs more armored clothing. Maybe the current costume is just on the cover but the costume has reached a point where it's starting to overstay it's welcome. I'm ready for something new - or old. Jason had some really nice costumes in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Zdarsky writing Red Hood, in my opinion, is just as wonderful news as Rosenberg writing him. I'm pumped about this news. DAREDEVIL has been off the charts good. This is going to be awesome.
    I prefer Rosenberg because I know that he likes Red Hood. I don't know how Zdarsky feels about the character. How is Zdarsky treating other characters in Daredevil? Do they have well thought out personalities - or are they are just one-dimensional representations of aspects about/contrasts to the main character?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Long time lurker/first post

I will read that mini series, but i sure hope that the Red Hood solo isnÂ’t cancelled. He needs is own comic.

Hope we will have news soon.
    Welcome to the thread, long time lurker.
    Let's just all hope that Jason will get/keep his own comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Just noticed that Red Hood 52 dropped "Outlaw" from its title.

Maybe issue 75 will drop the "Hood" next and it'll just be Red going forward.
    The "Outlaw" is gone since Red Hood #51. The title has gotten shorter and shorter over time - just like Jason's costumes.
    (And I'm still a little annoyed that suddenly everyone else - except Jason, the Outlaw #1 - is an outlaw in Future State.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I prefer Rosenberg because I know that he likes Red Hood. I don't know how Zdarsky feels about the character. How is Zdarsky treating other characters in Daredevil? Do they have well thought out personalities - or are they are just one-dimensional representations of aspects about/contrasts to the main character?
    Apologies in advance: I'm talking a bit like Yoda today for whatever reason. And I think my English is going to suffer from it.

Chip is a freelancer.
    If he's writing for Jason, I'm sure he is because he likes the character.
    And he seems to be friends with Matthew Rosenberg. They tweet each other almost every week. So I'm going to guess that he definitely chose Jason for the story with Batman and not what editorial mandated over him.

I thought he was more likely to write Nightwing (who is a lot more like DD), but I guess Dick's too morally uhm, clear, and law oriented for picking his interest. I mean, this is the guy who co-created Sex Criminals with Fraction .
    And in my experience, he seems to get a good understanding of the characters he writes. His Spider-man: Life Story is said to be a new classic for a reason, and I haven't read it yet, but I bet his Daredevil will be a recommended run for the character eventually.

I think Rosenberg is a more suitable writer for the character, but darn, Zdarsky is a good choice too. Maybe we're lucky, and they rotate writing stories for the character. I think both will be tied to this new anthology for a while, not just for a story alone. So let's hope for the best outcome
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-15-2020 at 06:07 PM.

Amazing Member

Is Rosenberg rumored to be the next writer of Red Hood?

Is Rosenberg rumored to be the next writer of Red Hood?
    No, but we know he likes Jason a lot. A lot lot.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    No, but we know he likes Jason a lot. A lot lot.
    That would be so awesome.

That would be so awesome.
    It would. It would indeed. I think many of us here think the same

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    [/SIZE]
    Throughout the series, Punisher, Spider-Man, and Elektra have all appeared in fair capacity and they've all been there to challenge Matt, certainly not to prop him up. Even the Iron Man appearances have been enjoyable and not just shoehorned in. The surrounding DD cast like Foggy and district attorneys have their own personalities and I think Foggy's been written especially well. Zdarsky also has introduced a new NYPD detective.. one of the bigger recurring characters in the series to date who's personality has been well thought out. Fisk has been written very well and the lesser street level villains and other recurring characters all have their places that push the story forward. It's a really fantastic comic book.

Given how Chip has written witty and/or semi similar characters in the past... Spectacular Spider-Man (Pete and Torch), Two in One (Torch again), Invaders (Bucky), Daredevil (red Batman)... I think he definitely has the chops for Red Hood. I'm very excited to see how it turns out.

I think the only other option that would get me as excited as Rosenberg writing Jason would be Zdarsky writing Jason.
    Last edited by cc008; 12-16-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Shawn Martinbrough

"Character design for "Demetrius Korlee, Jr."/ #RedHood51 published by @DCComics. In stores now."

Shawn Martinbrough

"Just received comps of Part 2 (of 2) from the good folks at @DCComics. Gorgeous covers by @Danmora_c & Skan. #redhood"

Amazing Member

Do you think it’s bad news that we haven’t heard anything for Red Hood solo for March? I know we learned he’s gonna be in the first act of Batman urban legends, but that can’t be just it..?

All-New Member

Do you think it’s bad news that we haven’t heard anything for Red Hood solo for March? I know we learned he’s gonna be in the first act of Batman urban legends, but that can’t be just it..?
    March solicits will be realeased tomorow, so we'll find out soon enough.
    But his comic hasn't sell that well in the past months, so there is the possibility that it won't continue.
    On the other hand, I think it was kinda confirmed that most if not all comics that were still ongoing by december would continue in march. And there is also the fact that not only will he have a story in future state, but he seems to be given more center stage in some panels from death metal and other event comics this month (even if he hasn't an important role, but normaly he would be relegated to the background or not appear at all) that might mean that he will have at least some relevance in march

We just got Nightwing (written by Tom Taylor), so maybe they're revealing it later today.

Man, if they actually axe his solo now that I finally got my wish of Lobdell leaving RH, I'm gonna be sad

However, I took the fact that his book wasn't outright cancelled like others and actually given a bumper 2-issues arc (#51 and #52) as an indication the book will continue. Especially since they dropped the "Outlaw" subtitle, which might indicate it'll be called "Red Hood" to signal a new era and start with #53.

New here btw, been lurking for a couple of months!
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 12-17-2020 at 07:29 AM.

I still think it's going to be Williamson. There aren't really any other red-suited characters left and he is still teasing red... but I could be wrong, of course.

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I still think it's going to be Williamson. There aren't really any other red-suited characters left and he is still teasing red... but I could be wrong, of course.

Welcome to the forum!
    Oh, I hadn't noticed that in his Twitter account, could very well be.

And thank you!

Welcome to the forum!
    I also think it's going be him. I was wishing to be Williamson writing Nightwing, but i can't complain with Taylor. So i hope you guys can have a great writer in your book too.

Firstly I just wanna say to the two newcomers, welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the forum!
    Honestly I've been partially suspecting the same, if only because he is already writing the future state Red Hood story and we've seen a few writers confirmed to be continuing with their future state one off characters in new on going titles. But with that being said, my first guesses for Williamson were actually, from most to least likely, either a new Titans book, Nightwing and then Red Hood and or Wildstorm both being on about the same level. Though I suppose I can cross Nightwing off the list now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I also think it's going be him. I was wishing to be Williamson writing Nightwing, but i can't complain with Taylor. So i hope you guys can have a great writer in your book too.
    I know it's seen as a rarity in these forums, but personally, as someone who loves both characters, the news about Taylor has already made my day, so if Red Hood also gets a title and a decent writer, I'll be pretty stoked.
    That said, fandom solidarity is always nice to see.