Page 86 of 200 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2987

Awesome! One of my all-time favorite scenes from Loeb's Batman: Hush (too bad it was revealed to be a total fake-out in the next issue ):

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'd read that. There are surely a lot of characters that were ditched in the past but would be good candidates for a revival.
    Not sure if there's actually something like a "Heaven" in the DC universe.
    Oh, there is. There's also Lucifer Morningstar, Michael Demiurgos, Hell, etc. Including God/the Presence.

For example, Lobo was banned from the afterlife because Hell couldn't handle him and Heaven didn't want him.

@Sergard, give it a try to the old vertigo-verse of DC. It's very enjoyable . Edit: I think I already recommended it once before? XD Sorry it that's the case.

Figure is pretty cool, btw. I'm not a big fan of Lee''s design, but I can appreciate how pulpy it's always felt. Also, trench coats are cool.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-23-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Damn, another Jason Todd milestone and I'm two days late (from where I'm from). Happy 5th year anniversary to Batman: Arkham Knight.

#JasonToddPH #ArkhamKnight

Last edited by Ssstammerer; 06-24-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! One of my all-time favorite scenes from Loeb's Batman: Hush (too bad it was revealed to be a total fake-out in the next issue ):

Thanks for sharing that page. It's impressive how close the figure is to the original. Even the position of the white streak is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Oh, there is. There's also Lucifer Morningstar, Michael Demiurgos, Hell, etc. Including God/the Presence.

For example, Lobo was banned from the afterlife because Hell couldn't handle him and Heaven didn't want him.
    I was aware that Lucifer, Michael, Hell and the Presence exist but I didn't know that there's a place like Heaven where souls can transition to. Good to know. Thanks.
    When did this Lobo story take place? (sorry for being off-topic)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    @Sergard, give it a try to the old vertigo-verse of DC. It's very enjoyable . Edit: I think I already recommended it once before? XD Sorry it that's the case.

Figure is pretty cool, btw. I'm not a big fan of Lee''s design, but I can appreciate how pulpy it's always felt. Also, trench coats are cool.
    I definitely want to dive into the old vertigo-verse one day when time allows it. I don't think one can recommend the vertigo-verse too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssstammerer View Post
    Damn, another Jason Todd milestone and I'm two days late (from where I'm from). Happy 5th year anniversary to Batman: Arkham Knight.

#JasonToddPH #ArkhamKnight
    Cool collection.
    5 years already.
    Which means that I've been reading DC for 5 years. Well, there have been some ups and downs in that time.

Underworld Unleashed, I believe. Lobo and Neron go at it in the afterlife. By the end of it, Lobo literally gets a certificate stating he is not allowed to die.

Extraordinary Member

Next weeks issue of Gotham Nights is going to have to Red Hood Stories.

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batm...tham-nights-11

TITANS: TITANS TOGETHER #1 is digitally available for $ 0.99.

When one of Raven’s college professors goes missing, Nightwing is convinced the Titans should investigate. But the danger they uncover is far greater than one missing person—the fate of humanity is at stake, and only Beast Boy can save the day!

Spectacular Member

"I'll make you wish you were dead even more than I do." That is so edgy oh my god.
    Last edited by Wingin' It; 06-26-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Jason Fabok

"#Batman: Three Jokers will be getting some Premium Variants drawn by myself with colors by @bdanderson13
    The idea here is to highlight some of the many looks from the Joker through history. I've made a nice handy checklist to help you COLLECT THEM ALL! Out Aug 25, 2020!"

Astonishing Member

Edgelordddd.

Nice to see a current depiction team-up of the New Teen Titans with Jason back in the mix where it seems like his more recent friendship with Kory is in play.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

These are beautiful. I'm really digging Fabok's Joker. It has a lot going on but does a few things extremely well. For starters he feels consistent - while there's a few flourishes to depict Joker "how he's been depicted" by other artists, Fabok's Joker still feels like the same guy over and over again, in the same universe with the same body type and bone structure and generally the same dentistry and wavy hair and jaggy Michael Keaton-esque eyebrows. I swear I haven't seen that level of Joker art anatomical consistency since like ... Jim Aparo maybe? Since the Bronze Age house style at DC starting phasing out in the late 80s and early 90s.

But there's other things, too about this Joker depiction I really love. He's drawn a really specific tight balance between anatomical realism for Joker's bone structure and jawline with his rightly so exaggerated, cartoonish proportions for his mouth and the fact that he's got big teeth. In the 1970s even as Neal Adams and Jim Aparo really cranked out that ultra-consistent Joker design while hew as reinvented to be killer, they definitely extended the jaw to a certain extreme that even the less slick Silver Age and Golden Age artists didn't do. Golden Age Joker looks totally anatomically realistic, if not rendered a bit simply. So yeah, I really dig that Fabok's Joker feels modern and classic at the same time.

Which is why I think that Golden Age Joker behind bars "I hold the winning card"/"bottom of the deck" cover is probably my favorite so far.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Remember when Fabok said Three Jokers wouldn't have incentive variant covers because they wanted the story to stand on its own? Me neither.

That Titans take on Jason isn't half bad but yeah, they're trying too hard to make him sound like a badass. I hope they tone it down. And I don't even know what Gotham Knights is.

EDIT: Ok, I read Titans Together.

It is a weird beast. The main plot is nothing out of the ordinary and kind of reads as if were an episode of an animated show, in some ways, very reminiscent to the Young Justice comics based on the show. The weirdest thing is that Jason out of the costume comes off more like a snarkier Tim than as himself while in costume is the tryhard badass that we saw on those preview pages.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 06-26-2020 at 09:08 AM.