Page 52 of 200 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yeah attacking the gun or hand makes more sense. It's really hard to aim for the neck when the neck is behind Joker's head

Tell me about this one

"Jason appears once more in several issues of Green Arrow alongside Brick as part of a gun-running organization, which brings Batman to Star City.
    Jason's true motives are shown in the third part as he kidnaps Mia Dearden (Speedy) in an effort to convert her to his side, feeling that they are kindred spirits, cast down by society and at odds with their mentors.
    The two fight while conversing but when Jason is unsuccessful in his bid to turn Mia, he settles for blowing up her high school. Mia is deeply troubled by what transpired between her and Jason but ultimately decides to stick with Green Arrow."

Doesn't sound good
    I haven't read that Green Arrow's story, but it was Winick's run as far as I recall, so it probably wasn't out of character in the comic itself, as much as it sounds in that summary. I know he wasn't in Winick's Outsiders (that one I did read).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-24-2020 at 07:06 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Beautiful pictures.

Cher up, @Sergard! At least here we can always chill and discuss stuff at ease.
    Thanks for the cheer-up!
    Today I'm pretty happy. I've found some cute Animal Crossing stuff on Twitter.

(source)

(source)

(source)

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Well, now I can't wait for Red Hood on the White Knight universe.

https://imgur.com/ANQA38p

This page definitely made me excited for what he is planning for Jason.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

I don't think he's Jason though. I mean...

spoilers:
    I may have forgotten something but, doesn't Bruce think Jason is dead? Why would he call for a guy who he thinks is dead to help holding him locked up? Not to mention that this guy looks pretty dark skinned, while Jason didn't look any kind of tanned in that flashback in White Knight.

I think it may be Mr Bones, who amusingly bears the surname Todd now and is tied to the Suicide Squad somehow. Which would make sense. Hummm....
    end of spoilers

Edit: btw, now that I think about it, if Murphy wants to make the Red Hood name coming from somewhere else that's not related to gangs in the underworld of Gotham, a redcap, which is some being from the british folklore, could come handy.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-25-2020 at 10:08 AM.

If that is Jason... Can't say I like shaved-headed Jason, personally. Though him being in the military (seemingly), is a different take on him, I give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    If that is Jason... Can't say I like shaved-headed Jason, personally. Though him being in the military (seemingly), is a different take on him, I give you that.
    spoilers:

Him being military is another reason why I don't think it's him and he's Robert Todd instead. That, and the gloves. I can see Murphy changing the hardcore cyanide-producing transparent skin Bones has into something less, er, extreme but still cool as a concept.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I don't think he's Jason though. I mean...

spoilers:
    I may have forgotten something but, doesn't Bruce think Jason is dead? Why would he call for a guy who he thinks is dead to help holding him locked up? Not to mention that this guy looks pretty dark skinned, while Jason didn't look any kind of tanned in that flashback in White Knight.

I think it may be Mr Bones, who amusingly bears the surname Todd now and is tied to the Suicide Squad somehow. Which would make sense. Hummm....
    end of spoilers

Edit: btw, now that I think about it, if Murphy wants to make the Red Hood name coming from somewhere else that's not related to gangs in the underworld of Gotham, a redcap, which is some being from the british folklore, could come handy.
    spoilers:
    Jack revealed the truth about Jason during issue 7 of the first series.

https://imgur.com/uPzBPBC

As for the tan, he's an army officer and certainly has been on the field explaining the tan. That said, I don't think he's tanned and is simply the color used. I can't see any noticeable difference between Jason and Bruce's skintone on those pages.
    end of spoilers

Of course that's Jason.
    Look at the shadows. There are Batman and Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    spoilers:
    Jack revealed the truth about Jason during issue 7 of the first series.

https://imgur.com/uPzBPBC

As for the tan, he's an army officer and certainly has been on the field explaining the tan. That said, I don't think he's tanned and is simply the color used. I can't see any noticeable difference between Jason and Bruce's skintone on those pages.
    end of spoilers
    Man, my memory sucks. How could've I forgotten that part?

I see a different color between Bruce and that guy in that page, probably an effect of the different palettes in the picture, but I do see a difference between both. But as I've been pointed out, people withing the same ethnic groups can have different skintones (even when usually you don't see that in this kind of comics).

Edit: oh, I totally missed that shadow in the page.
    Yeah, it's Jason.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-25-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Ok. So...

spoilers:

If Jason is a cop (I guess he's some kind of outside-the-city officer? I missed the badge too. I need my glasses now), I guess the Red Hood is going to be a different character for a while, maybe?
    end of spoilers

Jason looks ... healthy. (Jason may want to size up his jacket. It looks a little tight around the chest area xD)
    The only thing I'm not sure about is his left eye. It looks closed - and there seems to be a scar. Maybe he has lost an eye? But this could also be the artwork.

I first thought that Jason wears a military uniform. But the badge reads Stonegate (and something with "correction").
    Is this the prison Bruce is in? Did Bruce order Montoya to find Jason so that Jason could be Bruce' prison guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Jason looks ... healthy. (Jason may want to size up his jacket. It looks a little tight around the chest area xD)
    The only thing I'm not sure about is his left eye. It looks closed - and there seems to be a scar. Maybe he has lost an eye? But this could also be the artwork.

I first thought that Jason wears a military uniform. But the badge reads Stonegate (and something with "correction").
    Is this the prison Bruce is in? Did Bruce order Montoya to find Jason so that Jason could be Bruce' prison guard?
    Looking for Stonegate, shows is a penitentiary created for the animated series

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Stonegate_Penitentiary

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

Mmmm... Could be.
    It can go interesting places. (I'm having a Mr Burns "Excellent" moment here)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Looking for Stonegate, shows is a penitentiary created for the animated series

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Stonegate_Penitentiary
    Makes sense.

Travis Mercer

First look at WIP for Red Hood. So happy for the chance to draw Essence! One of my favorite of the @scottylobdell created characters!