Page 36 of 200 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Like I said I was just looking at the core (or non obscure) characters, at those seem to me the best options out of those (even if they are nor really optimal).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Like I said I was just looking at the core (or non obscure) characters, at those seem to me the best options out of those (even if they are nor really optimal).
    Oh, ok.
    I need to work my reading comprehension.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I don't think that every member of the batfamily needs to have a "counterpart" in the other big families (Super, Wonder, Arrow, Flash, Aqua, Lanterns) just because Bruce does.
    Not every franchise is big enough to carry so many characters (Green Arrow doesn't even have an on-going right now, Connor Hawke is still missing and Roy is dead) - and it's getting kind of bland when nearly all teams basically consist of the same "powers". Leave some space for new original characters or smaller franchise families. Dick's Titans and Tim's Young Justice are already too huge, in my eyes. Not even the Justice League can give proper credit to all their members.

If the Outlaws really need some aqua-powered person at some point in time, it's better to create a new character that's not related to the Aquafamily or their rogue gallery. Something like a sea witch could be cool. And if they are in need of a space character, it doesn't need to be some Lantern Corps member. There's more to space than lanterns.

I'd also prefer it if the Outlaws maintain their family character instead of becoming just another team of colleagues/friends in the DC universe. I like the concept of the Outlaws providing a home/sanctuary for other outcasts/misfits. But since the other big families in the DC universe aren't dysfunctional like the batfamily, there aren't really any outcast-types.

In the case of Jackson Hyde, I'd actually like to see him on a completely new team (not some iteration of an already existing team) together with meta-humans like Duke Thomas, Caden Park, Sideways, etc.
    In general, I'm not a fan of age-restricted team names like "Teen Titans" or "Young Justice". Although some adult teams have a similar problem. You're Dick's age? You become a Titan. You're Bruce' age? Welcome to the Justice League.
    Last edited by Sergard; 02-23-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason will go back to the red bat sooner or later, it is his symbol now and is used everywhere to market him, even in places like Injustice where he doesn't wear a logo, the red bat is still used to identify him.

And the Batman corner of the DCU is such a mess now thanks to King that I simply won't put any serious thought on the poorly written interactions we've gotten lately.

I don't see age or lawfulness being a obstacle for being a member of the Outlaws. New members might not even fit into the Flash, Green Lantern, etc., criteria. Lobdell seems to want to put Creeper on the team and we've seen him appear twice as an Outlaw in Bizarro's dream and the comic Ma Gunn read. He would be fun to have and not just because of his history with Artemis. The only potential problem might be how he reminds Jason of Joker. It's come up a few times in universe with people commenting on the similarities.

I'd like to see some variety with the abilities of any new teammate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Jason will go back to the red bat sooner or later, it is his symbol now and is used everywhere to market him, even in places like Injustice where he doesn't wear a logo, the red bat is still used to identify him.

And the Batman corner of the DCU is such a mess now thanks to King that I simply won't put any serious thought on the poorly written interactions we've gotten lately.
    Tom King isn't the first writer of his kind and won't be the last. Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. by Tomasi and Tynion only looks like the start of the next wave of poorly written interactions because the writers were too occupied shitting on King's run and setting the stage for their own upcoming stories. They exactly did what I hate the most about King's run: putting characters into categories, making characters out-of-character "for the sake" of the story/soap opera they want to write, too much unnecessary drama and Alfred getting the short end of the stick again.

Not that I expected much.

As I already mentioned once or twice, I hated Tynion's "Trial of Batwoman".
    And Tomasi wrote a psychopathic Damian in "Batman and Robin" who put a crowbar in Jason's bed in order to exploit his trauma while also making fun of Jason's death and victim-blaming him.

But I still expected better from Tynion and Tomasi.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    But I still expected better from Tynion and Tomasi.
    The odd thing is both have written Books staring Jason in the past. Tynion wrote RHatO for roughly a year and Thomasi wrote the Arkham Knight Comics.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

And both books were either mediocre or bad. Tynion and Tomasi write stories that are crowd-pleaser but lack any substance or depth. And they have a pretty poor grasp on Jason's character.

Tynion and Tomasi have both written a lot of bat characters.
    Didn't help with Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P.. Some characters aren't even written the same way by the writers like they were written in other titles.
    Character-inconsistency because of different writers is already annoying - but character-inconsistency under the same writer? *sigh*

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

wow, even in a joke statue Tim is left out

Ha ha ha ha XD
    Loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, you're right. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I noticed it too.
    It would be funny if Tim is behind the cape relaxing on Bruce' foot while the others are trying to carry Batman.

I noticed it too.
    It would be funny if Tim is behind the cape relaxing on Bruce' foot while the others are trying to carry Batman.
    Oh, I can see it. Or, well, he could be holding Bruce by the foot. It has space enough to it behind the cape.

ROFLMAO, this is too just too much...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."