Page 56 of 200 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I wonder what backstory Jason will have in the BTAS universe.
    He apparently knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne but he probably was never Robin. (I haven't watched BTAS but I guess the series made it pretty clear that Dick is the first and Tim the second Robin.)
    He's still Red Hood - and he has a white streak which is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    He apparently knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne but he probably was never Robin. (I haven't watched BTAS but I guess the series made it pretty clear that Dick is the first and Tim the second Robin.)
    He's still Red Hood - and he has a white streak which is interesting.
    It honestly is rather different. As Dini and Timm wanted to use Jason, but were told no. So they used Jason's character, but named him Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It honestly is rather different. As Dini and Timm wanted to use Jason, but were told no. So they used Jason's character, but named him Tim.
    Did they give Tim Jason's origin?

Did they give Tim Jason's origin?
    From wikipedia itself;
    Tim Drake
    In The New Batman Adventures Tim Drake became the second person to brand the Robin costume. Tim was the son of a thug named Steven Drake. He worked for the crime lord Two-Face for quite some time. Tim's father was never really around so he spent most of his time idolizing Batman and even putting clippings of his actions on the wall. Tim's father began to have problems with Two-Face. When he doubled crossed him Steven fled the city, leaving his son a note and a key to a locker at a Gotham City airport. Two-Face found out about the key and went after Tim. This led to him kidnapping and almost executing him, but Batman was able to get there and rescue him from Two-Face. Later on, they found out that Steven was killed outside of Gotham. With no one else to take care of Tim, Bruce decided to adopt him and trained him in several martial arts, this led to Tim becoming Robin and taking over (for Dick Grayson, the original Robin) as Batman's sidekick.

Extraordinary Member

My guess is that he is from an alternate Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    From wikipedia itself;
    So theoretically, Jason can still be a kid that steals the tyres of the bat-mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Is it normal in BTAS that people from an alternate earth appear?

Extraordinary Member

Is it normal in BTAS that people from an alternate earth appear?
    It is not normal, but with the Justice Lords there was at least one alternate earth in the DCAU.

It is not normal, but with the Justice Lords there was at least one alternate earth in the DCAU.
    I have just remembered that there's also a Batman Who Laughs figure, so there's at least one new character who origins from an alternate earth.
    On the other hand, "I forgot how much fun Gotham can be." sounds more like Jason has at some point in the past lived in this Gotham.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Look at the number of fingers Veronica is showing to Bruce

Chances are Jason is being retconned into the BTAS timeline ala Arkham Knight.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 04-04-2020 at 02:35 PM.

The woman with Bruce points to three kids under Bruce wing. Then Bruce proceeds to point out that Tim is just his ward, not adopted.
    I think they retconned him in between, but not as a Robin.

But could be that he's from another earth somehow. I don't know. They didn't play with that trope in the Timmverse. They played the time card though. with time travelling and changes between timelines.

Edit: ah, crap. This is what happens when I don't refresh my page in a while.
    Edit: ok, so that alternate earth it was in a movie? Makes sense that I couldn't remember that. In any case, I didn't. I think there was some reference in JL, though.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-04-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I have just remembered that there's also a Batman Who Laughs figure, so there's at least one new character who origins from an alternate earth.
    There are also AzzBat, Vampire-Batman and Flashpoint Batman figures coming, who are also likely from other earths (especially Flashpoint Batman).

There are also AzzBat, Vampire-Batman and Flashpoint Batman figures coming, who are also likely from other earths (especially Flashpoint Batman).
    Oh, I forgot about them too.
    I'm curious how they are going to introduce Azrael.
    Hush is announced too. I wonder if he'll play a role in Jason's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    The woman with Bruce points to three kids under Bruce wing. Then Bruce proceeds to point out that Tim is just his ward, not adopted.
    I think they retconned him in between, but not as a Robin.

But could be that he's from another earth somehow. I don't know. They didn't play with that trope in the Timmverse. They played the time card though. with time travelling and changes between timelines.

Edit: ah, crap. This is what happens when I don't refresh my page in a while.
    Edit: ok, so that alternate earth it was in a movie? Makes sense that I couldn't remember that. In any case, I didn't. I think there was some reference in JL, though.
    Justice Lords was in the Justice League series, so canonical, but not seen in the Batman series itself. Not a movie (an arc though, but the effects of it remained with the Justice League for quite awhile).

Then there was Crisis on Two Earths, which was meant to be an "in between" of the original JL and JLU, but a number of changes in it made it kind of hard to see it that way (still a good film by itself though).

Extraordinary Member

I'm curious how they are going to introduce Azrael.
    Introducing Azreal wouldn't be much pof a problem, but since the the Knightfall Batman and not Azrael, things might get tricky, but White Knight also introduced him without Knightfall.

Introducing Azrael wouldn't be much of a problem, but since the the Knightfall Batman and not Azrael, things might get tricky, but White Knight also introduced him without Knightfall.
    Yeah, I meant Jean-Paul as Batman, sorry for the confusion. But it is funny that Batman: The Adventures Continue #1 starts out with Bane trying to break Batman's back.
    Jason watching Batman fight a robot could also be a little reference to BUtH where Batman fought the android Amazo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Look at the number of fingers Veronica is showing to Bruce

Chances are Jason is being retconned into the BTAS timeline ala Arkham Knight.
    The dialogue then goes on with:

Bruce: "Tim is my ward. He's been with me for a while."
    Veroniqa: "Don't you ever think these boys could use a mother's touch? Alone in that big, drafty mansion. I imagine they feel as you must have felt at one time. Alone. Forgotten ..."

I'm not sure if Veroniqa is a trustworthy source for information.
    The three fingers could be more of an Easter Egg/hint by the artist.