Page 189 of 200 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I know it's seen as a rarity in these forums, but personally, as someone who loves both characters, the news about Taylor has already made my day, so if Red Hood also gets a title and a decent writer, I'll be pretty stoked.
    That said, fandom solidarity is always nice to see.
    I can't say Jason is one of my favorite characters, but i like him and if Williamson is really writing i'll follow his book.

About the fandom solidarity, this forum is so jaded that i rather try to be positive about things than to be a downer. Especially after two years of Ric, i don't wish that on any fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    About the fandom solidarity, this forum is so jaded that i rather try to be positive about things than to be a downer. Especially after two years of Ric, i don't wish that on any fandom.
    I couldn't tell what was worse, two years of a comic for one of my favourite characters becoming so utterly unreadable, or two years of the fandom constantly striking down and snuffing out any various positive discussions because of it.

Comics can be frustrating at times, so the more fandom positivity that can be spread, the better.

EDIT: Oh forgot to ask, out of curiosity, what is it about Williamsons writing that you find appealing enough to follow? I don't think I've read enough from them to gauge how I feel about their writing, but could you perhaps provide some pros?
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-17-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Williamson is going to get Shazam I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Williamson is going to get Shazam I think.
    Ah, that would make sense too, that's another added to the list of possibilities for Williamson, above all the rest actually.

I couldn't tell what was worse, two years of a comic for one of my favourite characters becoming so utterly unreadable, or two years of the fandom constantly striking down and snuffing out any various positive discussions because of it.

Comics can be frustrating at times, so the more fandom positivity that can be spread, the better.

EDIT: Oh forgot to ask, out of curiosity, what is it about Williamsons writing that you find appealing enough to follow? I don't think I've read enough from them to gauge how I feel about their writing, but could you perhaps provide some pros?
    I loved what he did with Wally and the Flash Family, he treated them with respect. And he made me like a Barry Allen book. So if he can make me have interest in Barry Allen, he can do it with whatever character in the DC lore.
    Last edited by Drako; 12-17-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I loved what he did with Wally and the Flash Family, he treated them with respect. And he made me like a Barry Allen book. So if he can make me have interest in Barry Allen, he can do with whatever character in the DC lore.
    Oh, ha, funny you mention that, I felt the same way about Barry Allen, I never had much of an interest for him until the Rebirth Flash book, whereupon I found him to be much more appealing and endearing as a character.

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...07422126604290

Damian? Could be a non-Batfamily character too, but that was my first thought.
    Firstly I just wanna say to the two newcomers, welcome to the forums!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Looks like it, considering several panels of Talia have been teased from the same artist this does help to connect those dots.

Still no clue where Red Hood will be post future state.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I still think it's going to be Williamson. There aren't really any other red-suited characters left and he is still teasing red... but I could be wrong, of course.

Welcome to the forum!
    Not very enthusiastic with the idea. I ended dropping Flash. It really bored me like 12-14 issues in. Edit: it probably didn't help that I'm a Wally fan and I can't care for Barry a lot when he's repeating some of Wally's storylines and conflicts.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-17-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Looks like it, considering several panels of Talia have been teased from the same artist this does help to connect those dots.

You're right, didn't know about that! Seems like a foregone conclusion then.

I'm kinda worried we won't get a solo (still would bet on it though). I really want a talented creative team and nice narrative and aesthetic break that sets him on a new direction. I guess we'd at least have to look forward to Future State and the Batman anthology thing, some other characters have it way worse :/
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 12-17-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

Well, Red Hood will be in a story Batman Urban Legends (where he team up with Batman).

It is possible they want to build expectations with that story before they relaunch a solo.

Amazing Member

Would be such a disappointement for me to only see RH in Urban Legends in march...

Maybe Zdarsky or Rosenberg are only available later in 2021 for a full time run on Red Hood..?

Any DC official news regarding this would be nice, at this point...

All-New Member

There is a photo where the artist teased future projects and there is one that has r'as, what looks to be harley quinn and half of Jason's face.

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...381255685?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Trt-R5 View Post
    There is a photo where the artist teased future projects and there is one that has r'as, what looks to be harley quinn and half of Jason's face.

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...381255685?s=20
    He also uploaded today a picture showing a Damian figurine, so I think his main project will be Damian related. I wonder what that one with R'as, Harley and most likely Jason is

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, Red Hood will be in a story Batman Urban Legends (where he team up with Batman).

It is possible they want to build expectations with that story before they relaunch a solo.
    I don't think they team up.

Writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Eddy Barrows will lead the anthology, with a six-part Batman/Red Hood story that finds Jason Todd investigating a new lethal drug that is sweeping Gotham City. "In the course of one night, this investigation will change his life forever – and put him in Batman's crosshairs," reads DC's announcement.
    This sounds more like they are enemies. I could be wrong though.

But I will be disappointed if Jason doesn't get a solo. DC took away his family, his home, his friends, his dog and his kids - for what? Right now it feels like Jason has nobody/nothing once again. (Not counting the current Hill arc because it's filler.)