Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Here goes my take.

Seems to me that the one who has a problem is Damian regarding Jason, not Jason regarding Damian, which is fair. Damian may fear that they could treat him the same way Jason is treated and looked upon half the time, once Damian's an adult. As well as Damian could want to strengthen his backing of Bruce's code, more than any other, because Damian's own past: killing is crossing the line. Which, eh. I guess it's not a thing anymore after Rebirth TT as far as I know, or maybe even before that, under Tomasi. Besides, I don't know if the times Jason has been the one to initiate aggression are all still canon or not. I guess some are, need to, in order for Jason's redemption to make sense.
I
Beyond that... I always thought that Jason's struggling with the batfam has more to do with them trying to dictate what's right or wrong when they are vigilantes themselves (who use violence to enforce with no qualms, even if they don't kill), and deal with criminals as allies from time to time. But Jason can be reasonable and respects them: he can compromise to certain degree. Also, I would say he definitely doesn't like a lot to be told how he should behave, or be strongly controlled. Seems to me that Jason's character has always have a problem with the control over his life being taken by others from himself. He's not obsessed about controlling others or controlling the situation, but he seems to strongly dislike not having a hold on his own life. Which is appropriate for someone with his background.
I can understand that. Makes you wonder should he have come back? I think that shows despite everything they are still family. Has he every actually done things like dinner other family gathers?